• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Ragus

Banned
8 hours? As long as those 8 hours present a quality of the demo, then I more thank ok with this.

To those, who watched the stream: do they?

This is one of those rare moments where I hate that I live in Japan for a game release. I'll be grabbing this, at the earliest, next Wednesday.

NNNNNNGGGHHHH.

This is one of those rare moments where I hate that I live in Japan for a game release. I'll be grabbing this, at the earliest, next Wednesday.

NNNNNNGGGHHHH.

Same here! I preordered from Amazon, so I won't get it until Thursday evening at the earliest. Well, I have the whole weekend to play.

Doomrider

Really cool first chapter (or prologue). These guys know their badass action, goddamn. The music is awesome and awful all at the same time, I don't understand. I think I love the way it enhances the crazyness, though.

Imm0rt4l

I'm getting slightly nervous now. I know it is a spinoff, but until now the Metal Gear series had one F-Word, which was randomly uttered by Laughing Octopus in 4.

Heck, "shit" wasn't even prevalent until MGS4 either.

Not that I will be offended or anything, since this is, after all, a game about cutting people up, but I just want to have some of that Metal Gear feel.
Don't expect a metal gear feel

Sam's voice is terribad.

I'm actually kind of glad I'm grabbing the JP version of the game. I've always dug both ENG and JP voice casts, but I feel like given the cheese present in Rising, the JP cast'll be able to pull of ridiculous melodrama better, by virtue of dealing with that kind of dialogue all of the time.

Stream just showed the guy skipping the Boris slow walk conversation from the demo after the game loaded for a few seconds.

edit:

Confirmed: You can skip Codex calls.

FUCK

edit 2- Fuel cell meter also draining very quickly on Hard difficulty. Doesn't look like there's any time to spam face buttons even with additional energy.

RangerBAD

I'm actually kind of glad I'm grabbing the JP version of the game. I've always dug both ENG and JP voice casts, but I feel like given the cheese present in Rising, the JP cast'll be able to pull of ridiculous melodrama better, by virtue of dealing with that kind of dialogue all of the time.

That's why I wondered if there was dual-audio because I'd rather Japanese voices for this game.

edit 2- Fuel cell meter also draining very quickly on Hard difficulty. Doesn't look like there's any time to spam face buttons even with additional energy.

Wonder if that weapon drains it faster too.

I think he's trying to play too fast and missing a lot of zandatsus/getting hit. I guess that's part of the challenge.

Edit: did the blue glow around cuttable enemies get more subtle?

Well this thread got a bit crazy.

I broke out vanquish today...made my ps3 fans get angry, it's the 40 GB model and I had to bake it once already to reset the solder - runs quiet on the MGR demo so should be alright when this beast gets here next Tuesday.

A part of me wonders what next gen will look like. Honestly, PS3 graphics are pretty boss and we haven't really made huge overall graphical leaps since 2007 and crysis (for PC). God of War Ascension design and presentation rivals some top tier PC games...

What I really want to see is developers not getting carried away with eye candy and putting more effort into the actual gameplay - making longer games, and making MORE of them.

The 19th can't come soon enough...MG:R, DmC BP, and Sony Event on the 20th (despite my frowning upon the next gen). Am HYPE.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Oh jeez people streaming already?

I'll see you guys on Tuesday

TreIII

Maaaaaaaaan, these VR missions look like fun.

I was really hoping that they wouldn't start falling into the same trappings that VJ2's "Chambers" had that made them unfun after awhile.

LOL

Well lets wait til we get an official word.
I'm sure there will be plenty to keep us busy to warrant a 60 dollar purchase either on disk or through DLC

You find my comment hilarious enough to warrant a passive-aggressive "LOL"?

Again, I was replying to the guy who asked about why cutscenes matter to us. I don't know if I'll buy it for $60 day one, now.

I was watching a livestream of the game, and the prologue has like 20 minutes of cutscenes, and the and the first and second act have ~30 minutes of cutscenes (+ codec calls). I'd say the 45 minutes is wrong.

Yeah, that's why my expectations were in line for a Metal Gear-esque story experience (and also because KojiPro did the cutscenes). That's what I want. So hopefully the 45 minutes is wrong. I sort of expected around 4 to 5 hours of cutscenes/mandatory codec calls, though, all that considered.

Top Bottom