• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

demidar

Ninja run is r1 and blade mode is l1. Lock on is r2 and sub weapon is l2. It might be me but hard lock on is useless; you also don't need to hold it down whats the problem. I don't even bother using sub weapons.

Sounds good I guess. I will always want hard-lock to make directional inputs easier, like the palm strike (back > forward > light attack). That said, I fucking hate that the Stinger equivalent is input by double-forward strong attack. Double direction inputs need to die.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I played the demo last night. Is there any way to change the awkward camera? I like it to stay in place, not to follow me when I'm going forward. Otherwise this looks like a very fun game.

I played the demo last night. Is there any way to change the awkward camera? I like it to stay in place, not to follow me when I'm going forward. Otherwise this looks like a very fun game.

I think they improved the camera from the demo, which was an incomplete build. I had no problem with the camera, though.

jett

D-Member
2013-02-16-63551r6sy2.jpg

Time to leave you all behind.

jett

D-Member
BTW rvy, despite what the back of the case DOESN'T say, you're right. The game greets you with an installation process.

jett

D-Member
Any word on being able to change the blood from red to white yet?

There is no option in the game to change the blood color, I'm looking at the options menu right now.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47793530&postcount=2096
Guess the guy got it right then.

How big is it, though?

It doesn't say, took about five minutes.

So jealous. Even moreso since I'll be seeing that you're playing that every single time I turn on my PS3 for the next few days.

ahuahuahua

jk soon enough everyone will be revengeancin'

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
A scratch-off download code card, huh? They don't print out DLC codes on the game receipt in EB Canada?

Depends on the game maybe. The code is just printed on the back but I've had more DLC codes that were just slips like this or stickers on the plastic wrap of the game (Lollipop Chainsaw).

Don't preorder from EB that often at all but I've never had a code on a receipt.

thefuck?!

THE FUCK!

Platinum, I am disappoint. Not importing the JPN version just because of blood.

Wait, isn't that backward? Wouldn't you want to get the Japanese version because it has the white blood?

And even though I do prefer having the white blood for the cyborg conceit (and that link to Alien and Aliens iirc), Raiden had red artificial blood back in MGS2 and they didn't change that.

rvy

Banned
Wait, isn't that backward? Wouldn't you want to get the Japanese version because it has the white blood?

And even though I do prefer having the white blood for the cyborg conceit (and that link to Alien and Aliens iirc), Raiden had red artificial blood back in MGS2 and they didn't change that.

No, it's not backwards because I'm already having a rough time waiting for the game to be released, I'm not gonna force myself to wait 1 or 2 extra weeks for a Japanese copy.

deim0s

Thanks for the info on the bug fixes. Jealous!

OT I suppose.

Whats the story around everything using that same energy in the spine? If this was originally a prequel was it mentioned in mgs4.

Electrolytes. I think it was mentioned briefly on the advancements on cyborg tech on Doktor's codec call, being a standard source or something.

Akainu

There is no option in the game to change the blood color, I'm looking at the options menu right now.
Who do I blame for this? It should have been white. You hardcore violence nuts ruin everything.

Are there no normal humans to kill or is everything a robot or cyborg. I kind of hated that in Vanquish. Though even that had some humans to shoot up.

!

...hmmm

Thanks for the info on the bug fixes. Jealous!

Electrolytes. I think it was mentioned briefly on the advancements on cyborg tech on Doktor's codec call, being a standard source or something.

Yep.

there are different types but the parts from PMCs/UGs uses the same type as Raiden's so he's alright.

Who do I blame for this? It should have been white. You hardcore violence nuts ruin everything.

I can think of two reasons, both which are the vault of dudebro violence junkies:

1) Dude, the blood in this game isn't red! That's so unrealistic, bro! THIS GAME SUCKS!

2) Dude, the enemies in this game spew semen when they get hit! That's so stupid, bro! THIS GAME SUCKS!

I don't think that the majority of people who played MGS4 even got that the white blood was supposed to be an Aliens reference.

jett

D-Member
Early impressions:

-Physics of destroyed stuff have been fixed from the demo, when you cut off something in the environment it falls in a more realistic manner. Before when you cut a palm tree for instance it would just keep stuck together. :p
-Framerate doesn't seem to tank as bad when you go crazy in blade mode.
-When you upgrade you sort of quit the game. When you're done upgrading the game restarts you back to the previous checkpoint. This is...WAT.
-Cutscenes are really cool, more fun than I thought, so far anyway.
-I haven't really noticed many gameplay differences, when I did the tutorial it seemed the parry window was bigger, but I'm not 100 %sure.
-At least in normal mode the requirements for bonus points for scoring have been greatly lowered.

-When you upgrade you sort of quit the game. When you're done upgrading the game restarts you back to the previous checkpoint. This is...WAT.

I've read this about a thousand times now and I don't like it each time I do, unless there's... some kind of reasoning behind it.

jett

D-Member
So when you restart at the checkpoint, you'd do the combat encounters again?

Right. So, it's better to upgrade just after reaching a checkpoint.

I've read this about a thousand times now and I don't like it each time I do, unless there's... some kind of reasoning behind it.

I don't know, I guess that's just the way it is. Luckily the loading times are really short in this game.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Right. So, it's better to upgrade just after reaching a checkpoint.

I don't know, I guess that's just the way it is. Luckily the loading times are really short in this game.

Can you also upgrade between chapters?

Is it sort of like how in Bayonetta you had to teleport to a store and load that up, then load back into the level when you were done shopping?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Man I I suck at fighting gekkos. I am too impatient to chase the down after a parry and I just get reckless.

jett

D-Member
Mmm in the demo area the framerate seems a little bit jerkier than in the actual demo. I wonder what is the day 1 patch for. Oh and Gekkos charge a lot more often now, easier to counter-parry them too.

Can you also upgrade between chapters? Is it sort of like how in Bayonetta you had to teleport to a store and load that up, then load back into the level when you were done shopping?

I couldn't between chapter 0 and chapter 1, I can't say.

Top Bottom