• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

They'd be a fine fit for the series. If this was a reinvention, and not a sequel to the other games, they could do some pretty bonkers stuff with the material. The series pretty open to many interpretations. I could even see NT doing a solid Onimusha game, if they got the chance.

Though if they were to work with Capcom again, I'd rather see them make a DMC X Bayonetta game. Other than Bayonetta 2, which is now a reality, that's my dream PG title.

SPUX4Ic.gif

Edit: I don't know if I can make it to midnight. I have 15 mins to go but meds are kicking in.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Did you use the full scale? Or just sold your soul to the man and went down the 8-10 safe route?

I recently gave Dead Space 3 a 6/10, so I like to think I use the full scale!

Was that Epic Mickey? Meh, you had a civic duty to get the word out on that one.

That's the one.

Yuripaw

Banned
What do you think the chances are that Wal-Mart has put this on the shelf already? The one near me rarely seems to rush to put things out at midnight, but maybe they did tonight...

Best Buy emailed me the preorder code. Waiting for the LE to arrive is gonna be excruciatingly slow. At least I got reviews to read through. A few more mins until embargo lifts!

What do you think the chances are that Wal-Mart has put this on the shelf already? The one near me rarely seems to rush to put things out at midnight, but maybe they did tonight...

If you go to walmart.com and try to do pick up from store.. all of the stores near me say monday the 25th is the earliest..

If that is accurate, they may not even have the game at all this week.

zroid

Banned
I wasn't planning to stay up for the embargo lift, but by happenstance I found myself awake at 2:30, so now here we are...

Godspeed

If Revengeance didn't have camera issues this would be the easiest 10 I've ever given. As things stand it's still brilliant, staking out new territory in the genre and adapting certain Metal Gear characteristics so well that it makes the competition look outrageously bad. This is simply the ultimate one-man show, worth its ticket price many times over, an experience that improves exponentially as it gets faster and as you get better. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is a thrilling and almost flawless fighting game - come get some.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-19-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-review

9/10

Kyon

Banned
the camera is so SLOW to turn is that an issue for anyone else? Like after i kill someone i try to look around so i can parry the other enemies but the camera is slow af

deanos

Banned
Ninemsn - 8/10
Ready Up - 6/10
OPM - 7/10
Metal Arcade - 9/10
TerminalGamer - 8/10
WGTC - 8/10
Gameranx - 6/10
Laserlemming - 9/10
IGN - 8.5
GamerXChange - 8/10
MKGaming - 7/10
Rev 3 - 6/10
EDGE - 7/10
TGH - 9/10
CheatCC - 8/10
GameInformer - 7.75/10
Gamedot - 9/10
Game Podunk - 9/10
MMGN - 7.5/10

Dahbomb

Yea some of those reviews are mentioning 4 to 5 hour game time based on the completion screen. One review said that it counted retries.

Top Bottom