• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Been waiting to say this about Revengeance difficulty and the final boss (spoiler reveals only who the final boss is, no other story details).

The hand-to-hand portion of the Armstrong battle on Revengeance has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Supposedly (according to people who actually beat him on this difficulty) you have to get his health down to 95%. .1% damage, even in "Ripper" mode, takes 3 hits. That's 150 hits. 1 direct hit = death. He has a grab move that has an insane reach at times that also is an insta-kill. I got him down to 95.1% and screwed up on a dodge and I've spent like 1 hour a day for the past 3 days trying to beat this part. Holy hell, I suck at games, and this part on Revengeance makes me want to break shit.

Other than that, the game rocks. Review is up on GT.

joe2187

Banned
Which one's the Steelbook?

I think I'm going to take off of work to get my revengeance on.

Neither :(

even though I love steelbooks, and rising, and Platinum...

$150 on a lamp is too much still.

I got alot of GS credit saved up

I would have definitely dipped on that raiden figure if they shipped to U.S.

if you're in NA PS3 because the exclusive VR missions alone

Well I'm in Australia. Someone reach out and help meeeeeeeee!

3eEGSsAl.jpg

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I have a feeling a lot of pages are going to be spent explaining the clock for a long time. It should probably be in the OP.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If Sam wasn't my favourite boss fight in the game, then Sundowner probably was. I quite like Mistral's too.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How was Solidus?

:(

Ah well they will probably save him for the sequel.

Solidus was pretty cool, but a bit weird when it was revealed his left arm was taken from the corpse of Solid Snake.

G-Fex

I do feel bad cause like every new release , even if I streamed it I bet everyone and their mom is already broadcasting it

EatChildren

They should mention him in some capacity if this game mentions Raiden's past as Jack da Ripper.

Can someone who finished the game confirm this?

RE Solidus:
Raiden's past and George Sears are mentioned. Not sure why Flynn was recording with Cygan, as there were no Soldus voice samples, old or new. DLC maybe?

My regret for buying Aliens has reached its peak, just don't have the money for this given I purchased Crysis 3 the other day as well. Soon!

How are the left hand tags modelled, do you just get a name or is there a 3D model or what?

You collect them and they appear in your "Collection" menu.

Like so ^

Thanks mate, glad each person gets their own profile even if it'll make me feel an awful person for killing them.

One more question, is it true that the wooden sword is only in the Japanese release? Believe I read that in passing a few days ago and it seems odd.

Thanks mate, glad each person gets their own profile even if it'll make me feel an awful person for killing them.

One more question, is it true that the wooden sword is only in the Japanese release? Believe I read that in passing a few days ago and it seems odd.

No, it's in every version. There is a special version of the sword that may be Japan-only DLC, though.

Top Bottom