• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
UGH I hate the world. My local Famicom House refused to sell me the game a day early. They showed me an email they got from Konami saying "Don't break street date!" The same thing happens with SE games at this place, but I've never had this problem with Konami stuff. Maybe it's cause it's an MG game. Sigh.

Weird I picked up mine no problem. Guess they didnt get the message or dont care lol. Though they do enforce it for certain titles in the past. Such as the Monster Hunter titles. Wonder if they got busted in the past and are worried about it happening again. Kinda dont blame stores if that happens with how badly so many places are getting the shit kicked out of them by internet shopping.

Weird I picked up mine no problem. Guess they didnt get the message or dont care lol. Though they do enforce it for certain titles in the past. Such as the Monster Hunter titles. Wonder if they got busted in the past and are worried about it happening again. Kinda dont blame stores if that happens with how badly so many places are getting the shit kicked out of them by internet shopping.

I think they've been busted before on SE games. They only hold off if they've gotten an email though, most of the time.

Carbonox

cwlj1mo.jpg

Someone want to explain to me why the FUCK I have a second payment of £13.58? Where did those cunts at GAME pull that from? The 47 quid is for the game AND the guide. Now that guide isn't referenced there but they still refer to the 47 quid payment AND THEN pull some random 13.58 payment out of their ass?

Quicker this fucking company disappears, the better.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I think they've been busted before on SE games. They only hold off if they've gotten an email though, most of the time.

Man that sucks though. The one in my town isnt as bad since if that ever happens all I need to do is go down there at midnight and pick it up. Since its a 24/7 store. Upstairs is a video rental place I guess thats why it stays open like that.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Zavvi just dispatched my LE. :)
Btw how low went the price on those at Zavvi? I put a preorder on when it first went up at something like 140€ and bailed out when they pulled a "let's lower the price without updating it on your order", especially with amazon putting it at 99€.

Zaventem

My copy is on it's way but i fucked up and couldn't wait and watched the last level on youtube.. oh god this is the most epic shit i've ever scene.

Got the game today, just finished playing through the third level......so far it's every thing I was hoping for, and then some.

In goddamn Platinum we trust goddammit.

demidar

Uggggggh I won't be getting my copy for at least 3 days. This shit sucks. Maybe I should leave this thread, it's like a monument of taunting.

DECOY-LDN

Neo Member
Btw how low went the price on those at Zavvi? I put a preorder on when it first went up at something like 140€ and bailed out when they pulled a "let's lower the price without updating it on your order", especially with amazon putting it at 99€.

I never saw it drop from £99 I used a 10% off voucher when it first went up and got it down to £89.68.

Nemesis_

My overpriced Lamp edition is on the way, should be here by the end of the week.

My guide is still in "shipping soon".

Amazon are mean to Australia :(

Astery

got the game, finished once in normal in 1 sitting. I love the soundtracks especially those in boss battles. The final boss was such a bitch, I kept losing a life when the boss throws shit at me.

To hard mode I march on.

Wow. Wow.

I just beat the game. I sure didn't expect...well, that.

Seriously, I felt like I was playing the bizarro child of Metal Wolf Chaos and the ending to NMH2.

Viewtify

Banned
Goddamn... That fight with
Samuel
is so fucking good.

Also, Hard mode is a little too easy. They should have toned down on the amount of health pickups you get.

Jubern

My order was dispatched, guess it'll come in tomorrow as planned. Going to hit the sack early to watch the Sony conf tomorrow and it should be in the mailbox soon after :D

I feel like I'm getting my money's worth with this. Played for about 10 hours today. Beat the game once on hard, 10 VR Missions in 1st place, and only the first mission in Revengeance (no S-rank). Missing a ton of collectables too. I still have a lot to do here.

Question about Revengeance difficulty: Is the scoring timer fucked up? When I finally beat RAY's first form in R-00, the timer on my score said 26 minutes. I thought the timer only accounted for the successful attempt? Is it cumulative on Revengeance? If so, S ranking an entire mission might be almost impossible since you basically aren't allowed to die at all.

The PSN DLC codes have been active since midnight last night I'm not sure why everyone keeps asking about it lol. I redeemed my code right after I picked my game up at midnight launch.

Maybe cause it's not working for everybody else? Glad it worked for you, but obviously people are asking abou tit because it isn't working for them.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I was just gonna shelve the game after finishing it... but it's just too damn good. Think I'll start running through it on hard... which probably won't be too tough, now that I've finally figured out how parrying works.

jett

D-Member
Dissapointed on how awesome the pole arm is, but
how lackluster the rest of the weapons are... Pincers are too slow to have fun with (despite being very powerful) and the Sai has like 2 moves....
come on PG...

The pincers are incredibly useful on higher difficulties against armored enemies(and everything else). The charged attacks are actually really awesome to pull off, it's the best weapon to exploit dodge offset with. Yes, the moves come out slowly but you can dodge out of them at any time, and your combo string continues from where you left it off after you dodge. The sai is for flying enemies.

The only caveat I have with changing weapons is that you can't do it while ninja running, having to stop a ninja run to go to the menu leaves you too exposed.

Ferr986

I don't think anybody else's for xbox does either. Let me know if you find out. The gamestop rep I spoke with blamed Microsoft and Konami.

Oh, so its not just me. Well, that makes me feel a little better. I guess it will work in a couple of days then..

Carbonox

My copy has finally been dispatched by GAME. My hype deflated somewhat though due to the thick cunts taking extra money out of my account for no reason. I can't begin to describe how pissed off I am at them. Also, the game itself has been dispatched but no mention of the guide. Why? They took the money out of my account for this fucking thing but aren't dispatching it with the game, seeing as the guide comes out on the same day?

brandonmarshallwalkou4ixeu.gif

All this talk about how crazy the story is has me curious.

I still can't see how nutty the game can be compared to "the arm" or...well, MGS2's plot.
I'm sure they'll manage to do it though.

I still haven't received my copy yet. It's in Ohio right now, but the Game Stop about 15 minutes from my house has "lots" of copies. :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So how do i use the dlc. I want to see if the ninja sword is better than the HF blade.

Through the Customize menu. You have to buy the skin/sword though, Grey Fox costs...20,000 IIRC, blade is 200,000. Based off that, I am assuming it's OP as fuck.

Through the Customize menu. You have to buy the skin/sword though, Grey Fox costs...20,000 IIRC, blade is 200,000. Based off that, I am assuming it's OP as fuck.

.... 0_0 i shopped at gamestop when i didnt have to... and i still have to save up for the stuff. Fuck that shit. Well game is balls awesome anyway.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
All this talk about how crazy the story is has me curious.

I still can't see how nutty the game can be compared to "the arm" or...well, MGS2's plot.
I'm sure they'll manage to do it though.

I still haven't received my copy yet. It's in Ohio right now, but the Game Stop about 15 minutes from my house has "lots" of copies. :(

It's really not any crazier than some of the crazy stuff in MGS2 or 3. It's a lot more fantastical overall, but I think it works to the game's benefit. It's fuckin' sweeeeeeeeet.

Haunted

Saw that MANvsGame was planning to play the game (he usually takes a couple nights per game), I look at the archive today and he beat it in a single session. o_O

Jarmel

Banned
Got past Monsoon last night.

The worst part of the game so far has to be that fucking kid in Chapter 2. Jesus Christ at the voice-acting. I normally don't wish for Japanese subs, I would have paid straight money right then.

I must have been too tired (it was almost 1 AM) but he absolutely wiped the floor with my ass. I mean it was BAD. Gonna give it another go tonight...

Use EMP grenades when he's in that untouchable body parts state. It'll stun him, leaving him open for a blade mode attack on his head, and then he's back to normal

I really haven't used too many items on Hard, and the Pole-Arm was the only sub-weapon I really liked. Love hitting multiple enemies with it, works great for all those little armed bastards. Sai has like 3 moves, use on air enemies only, and even then you can just jump up with a sword or do the homing kick. Pincer is too damn slow for my liking, and I really needed power, there are some overpowered blades you can buy/unlock if you need.

Gonna do an Easy runthrough today, get all the left arms and data storages.

edit: Oh, and here's a video of a very easy BP farming spot

Top Bottom