• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Rnr1224

anyone mind if i take this one?

L5YOL5D.jpg

Blinck

Need a piece of advice!

I'm looking for a hard but balanced ( not cheap ) action game. Something with re-playability on higher difficulties and that feels good to dominate. I don't give a shit about story or metal-gear lore or any of that.

Might this game be for me? I played the PS3 demo and I liked it, even though that was a pretty small sample I think.

Miker

I hope konami reveals some official numbers and that the numbers are big!

My preload is ready!

Incoming press release:

We are pleased to announce that Konami's METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE has outsold the PC version of Binary Domain! That is all we have to announce at this point.

Ibuki

Banned
I got my key from gamefly, and pre-loaded. My blue dualshock is also ready.

I can't wait until tomorrow morning.

ArjanN

It was riding high for the first few days of the Steam sale. Was at no 2 for at least a day.

I'm pretty sure it was at number 1 the first two days, then the other christmas sales pushed it down to 40-50 eventually, and since the xmas sale ended it's constantly been in the top 10 again.

ViviOggi

damn it, another game I need to buy?

:(((((((((((((((
YES!
Need a piece of advice!

I'm looking for a hard but balanced ( not cheap ) action game. Something with re-playability on higher difficulties and that feels good to dominate. I don't give a shit about story or metal-gear lore or any of that.

Might this game be for me? I played the PS3 demo and I liked it, even though that was a pretty small sample I think.
YES!

In case you're planning on skipping the cutscenes you should at least watch the ones around the final boss, you'll know when you get there.

BadWolf

Need a piece of advice!

This game is for you I think.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ooooh, you're the same GuardianE from CAG. Well I'll be damned, I take it you don't remember me then. =P

Yeah, that's me. Did you have the same username? I must admit it's been forever since I've posted on CAG. Might be even longer since I've played BlazBlue with a group. :p

FAQ said:
Is this game canon? I don't want it to be.

First of all; suck it up. Second of all; yes, it has been confirmed many times by Platinum and KojiPro staffers alike that this game is a 100% concrete part of the MGS canon, and no amount of whining or pretending is going to change that.

Source? I was aware it was a canon spin off. If it not directed by Hideo Kojima then it is not a canon. Look at the HD/Legacy collection. Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops was not included.

Got the game pre-loaded on my PC... Just waiting patiently now. Thoroughly hyped though.

Oh, and my Steam ID is "SandMan2233", in case anyone wants to add me, heh.

zainetor

Banned
Source? I was aware it was a canon spin off. If it not directed by Hideo Kojima then it is not a canon. Look at the HD/Legacy collection. Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops was not included.

it's canon, but it doesnt matter, since MGS story is already over and this takes place in the future.

I only have 1 piece of advice: do not play the VR missions, they fucking suck (at least for getting gold).

Did it once on X360, never again.

Majukun

this thread got my hyped but my pc is not gonna run this game period,so i've just bought the 360 version XD

Uraizen

Banned
Yeah, that's me. Did you have the same username? I must admit it's been forever since I've posted on CAG. Might be even longer since I've played BlazBlue with a group. :p

Yeah, I had the same username back then. This was back in the BBCT days, though. I had been wondering for a while since you've been in every action game topic I go to! I had to call you out for once, lol. Anyway, MGR PC all day, erry day.

it's canon, but it doesnt matter, since MGS story is already over and this takes place in the future.

Yes but I want to see evidence from Kojima or a member of staff from Kojima Production. I do not remember it was attributed as canon. Look at Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain. These games are canon. No doubt about it.

Falifax

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE -- MB-92656130DACAB547

t1389221514z1.png

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
this thread got my hyped but my pc is not gonna run this game period,so i've just bought the 360 version XD

I'm not so sure the minimum requirements are accurate. Looks like you already got the 360 version, which is great, so enjoy it, but I'd wait for impressions before assuming your PC can't handle it.

Glix

I'm so pumped! I put off playing this game for so long and now I'm glad I did!

Does anyone know how Castlevania PC release did? I want Konami to realize what a great platform the PC is.

Herne

Surprised to see this level of interest. I've never played a Metal Gear game before... may give this one a go depending on user reviews.

Wait, why? Aren't they one of the bigger DLC packages included?

The VR missions, at least to get gold rankings, are not worth stressing out over. The times to get the gold are so very close that you will drive yourself crazy in later levels.

I didn't play the DLC VRs though, so I may just try them (not for gold though).

Top Bottom