• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Something is wrong with my game, I can't get the no damage bonus on the first fight at World Marshal HQ, I can do the whole thing without taking a hit, keeping my eye on my health bar the entire time but it never applies in the score screen.

Clawww

I tried the VR missions, but so many of them were crap like shooting a turret or playing as a dwarf gekko. I skipped way ahead at random and that one was some guys on a bridge shooting RPG's while there were two custom cyborgs in front of me and I just didn't see any reason to really bother.

um, as a challenge

not sure what the heck you were expecting lol

Just plowed through this game in a single 5 hour setting. It was worth it... a purely crazy ride. Armstrong took a bit longer than I would have given him credit for... it was tough getting his patterns down, but once you do, it's butttter.

Wookieomg

After the first mission when you can first customize Raiden, at the body customization section... I don't see anything, just like.. Raiden's hair and one or two pieces of armor on his body. His body and face are gone. Is it a graphical setting causing this?

reposting this... no one ever replies to me on this thread. fuuuu >_< i finished another level and took a screen cap of my issue. can ANYONE help me? wondering if this is an isolated glitch or if others have experienced it as well. this sort of lack of texture or whatnot only occurs in this customization screen. rest of the game is fine. :/

HZKh2bTl.png

Something is wrong with my game, I can't get the no damage bonus on the first fight at World Marshal HQ, I can do the whole thing without taking a hit, keeping my eye on my health bar the entire time but it never applies in the score screen.

Perhaps you somehow took damage before that fight... don't ask me how, but I just loaded up the chapter and did the fight quick and dirty with ripper mode on the fenrirs... I definitely got the bonus.

If you somehow took damage before it checkpointed, restarting the fight will do you no good, you should just restart the chapter.
Like the grad battle at the end of R02 is a two part effort -- if you take damage while pushing it back, doesn't matter if you prefect it once it goes bipedal.

i am dumb, how do u unlock vr missions?

Find VR terminals in the main game.

They force you to find the first one in R01 so you know what they look like...

nilbog21

Banned
This game is kinda growing on me a bit, but I still hate the lack of a deeper combat system. It would have been so much better if it was more like dmc, ninja gaiden ability wise. And the soundtrack. Fuck I hate the songs kicking in during boss fights. Dubstep-metal with harmonic singing is NOT ok. Otherwise it's fine.

seriously how does anyone like this music? should have taken notes from God Hand

Perhaps you somehow took damage before that fight... don't ask me how, but I just loaded up the chapter and did the fight quick and dirty with ripper mode on the fenrirs... I definitely got the bonus.

Find VR terminals in the story.

They feed you the first one in R01 so you know what they look like...

I honestly have NO idea what's happening, at first I thought I might be taking chip damage from stray bullets and not seeing it because of Zandatsu recharge so I cleared the full fight several times never doing one and stayed at full health the entire time but it still doesn't show up at the score screen.

EDIT:

Yep that did it, I had a checkpoint from the first run through where i must have taken a stray bullet, restarting cleared it.

Anteater

I got a lot of requests for this, and I can't guarantee this will work for everyone since I did a very ugly hack on the Shader file, but here you go. A more proper way to do it would be just to recompile the shader, but I don't think the .dat package format is fully cracked yet for me to do that. All I did was disassemble the noise shader, look up the instruction for the sampler, and replace it with something else.

Download at your own risk. Backup included as well. Just extract on the folder of the game and overwrite.

Some comparison pics. The most noticeable difference is on the skies. That tutorial mission looks a lot nicer now.
noise226sb0.png

noise107sbc.png

Thanks this is great! will give it a try, great work!

I play it with my PS4 controller. You need the modder drivers and either a bluetooth key or usb cable to connect to PC. Works a treat.

are you guys playing w/ mouse and keyboard or controller? is it possible to use a ps3 controller?

I've used Dualshock 3, Dualshock 4, and x360.
You only need modded drivers for DS4 if you use the Scarlett.Crush DS3 SCP server... there's a DS4 tool that will just pick it up normally and wrap the commands... I like the Scarlett.Crush version better though.

I like it, feels like it really "fits" the game.

My favorite game soundtrack in a long time (until I played Bastion, but that's a different genre of music...). I actually went out and bought the mp3 soundtrack immediately after playing the game. I can't get it out of my head sometimes.

Jamie Christopherson is a genius.

Zep

Banned
Fuck this game, its camera and
Armstrong(final form)
on hard. Its damn near impossible without any extra health.

Anteater

Just beat sam dlc on hard, that was a lot of fun! I actually like it better than the raiden campaign, but it's a bit short, sam is easy to use and i guess they made the bosses more aggressive, so the fights are much more intense =o

Will try out bladewolf later

that D rating on armstrong tho

I know this has been answered in this thread but I had the game working at 1080p and proper full screen when I was playing on windows 7. I just upgraded to windows 8 and now the best I can get is 1080i. Anyone know why and how to fix it? 1080i will give me migraines due to the flickering of everything....

man i suck. took me like 10 tries to take out those raptor things on hard >.(

can't get a good read on when they will spin attack and the sewer camera sucks.

Jintor

You don't need specific tips. Mistral has no real gimmicks, incredibly obvious attack patterns, and nothing special. Just look out for the barrels in her third stage cos environmental damage is a problem too, and keep slashing at the little geckos because fuck them.

Hypron

You don't need specific tips. Mistral has no real gimmicks, incredibly obvious attack patterns, and nothing special. Just look out for the barrels in her third stage cos environmental damage is a problem too, and keep slashing at the little geckos because fuck them.

Yeah she's really easy to no-damage. The best way to slash the geckos is to ninja run and mash x. But apart from that it's as straight forward as it gets.

JPKellams

So Jason (@jasoncmiller) did a Real Rules of Nature in a random Hollywood recording studio bathroom.

If I were him, I would totally just carry an iPhone constantly playing the instrumental and scream Rules of Nature for every room I walk in...

http://vine.co/v/hLEUUUzFxbA

Yeah she's really easy to no-damage. The best way to slash the geckos is to ninja run and mash x. But apart from that it's as straight forward as it gets.
Thought it would be something like that. It's just that she would always manage to do some cheap move on me and i wasn't sure what i was doing wrong.

EDIT: yeah, you guys were right, got it on my first try. Should've tried first before asking :p
and goddamn, a full leveled Pincer Blade is so OP against bosses.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Unsurprisingly, he looks exactly like the kind of man I imagine screaming "RULES OF NATURE".

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Volcynika

Oh my god I would have broken down completely. Thankfully that fight has checkpoints right?

I had Sam glitch out on me at 0.1% health no matter what I did he wouldn't trigger his finale. After 3 minutes of him being at 0.1% hp I just had to restart it.

Yeah, thank god for checkpoints. I actually fucked up the QTE and was worried (since Monsoon's QTE I also messed up and it didn't give me the credit), but fortunately the achievement popped when I got my battle stats.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Only 23.7% of people who own Rising PC have beaten Armstrong.

79.4% have beaten the prologue.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wroooooooooooooong. The phase where he gets powered up (after throwing vehicles) is checkpointed.

Is it? I can't honestly remember that fight on PS3, but I could swear there is no checkpoints at all in that fight which is downright bananas.

Volcynika

Is it? I can't honestly remember that fight on PS3, but I could swear there is no checkpoints at all in that fight which is downright bananas.

Haha. I just spent literally an hour and a half on it. I know it's there in the PC version at least! Checkpointed at 50% health and all that.

Anteater

Only 23.7% of people who own Rising PC have beaten Armstrong.

79.4% have beaten the prologue.

It's not too surprising, I barely beat it and just finished the sam DLC even it was like 2hrs long, people usually buy into the hype and start playing it on day one, but they will slowly burn through it with other games to play, my friend is still on chapter 3 or 4.

Fuck yeah again :D Only Mistral left now...Any tips on her no damage achievement?

Thought it would be something like that. It's just that she would always manage to do some cheap move on me and i wasn't sure what i was doing wrong.

EDIT: yeah, you guys were right, got it on my first try. Should've tried first before asking :p
and goddamn, a full leveled Pincer Blade is so OP against bosses.

Yes it is.
And she has so many checkpoints, it's easy.
Get hit? Fuck it, restart.
Perfect section? Great.
Get hit in the next section? Restart. ;)

I have the platinum on PS3, but I haven't gotten the Monsoon no damage achievement here yet...

I need to play the DLC soon... that's how you unlock boss rush, right?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

There is no Boss Rush. Just a "skip to boss section" option, but yes. Unless you use the Konami code to stage select open and then choose those and checkpoint it so it saves on your file.

Yes it is.
And she has so many checkpoints, it's easy.
Get hit? Fuck it, restart.
Perfect section? Great.
Get hit in the next section? Restart. ;)

I have the platinum on PS3, but I haven't gotten the Monsoon no damage achievement here yet...

yup. played Sam and Bladewolf and it unlocked the "boss rush". Be prepared for the monsoon fight. it's not exactly hard, but he can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, and the camera can ruin a perfect fight a lot. Pincer Blade is your friend :)

Top Bottom