• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

metalgearrisingrevengdfoff.png

God this fight makes me pine for a full boss rush mode.

yup. played Sam and Bladewolf and it unlocked the "boss rush". Be prepared for the monsoon fight. it's not exactly hard, but he can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, and the camera can ruin a perfect fight a lot. Pincer Blade is your friend :)

Thanks... I've done it before, but the two spots that always screw with me are (1) after the first time he makes the giant ball when he does go go gadget sai -- I always forget to block/parry. And then when he throws 8 copters at once... when I did it last time (PS3) I ended up using the strategy where you just run from all the objects he tosses...

Pincer blade plus ripper mode = ruh roh for Monsoon though.

Boss rush will make it easier to get back to him if I screw it up on my very hard playthrough.

BPoole

Almost done my play through on Hard. I meant to do Very Hard afterwards, but I odn't know anymore. Some of these fights have been really tough

Almost done my play through on Hard. I meant to do Very Hard afterwards, but I odn't know anymore. Some of these fights have been really tough

I've been doing OK on Very Hard with Raiden fully upgraded. I ran through Easy a couple of times to mop up all the collectibles and earn enough BP to have all Raiden's health, fuel and sword enhancements, and Very Hard has been totally handle-able so far. A fully-upgraded Murasama (Sam's sword) is a total beast, and Ripper Mode is a huge help when you're really in trouble.

Bummer about the framerate getting uncapped in a patch being unlikely. Playing Revengeance in 150fps was the thing I was most looking forward to about the PC port.

I've been doing OK on Very Hard with Raiden fully upgraded

I take it all back, fuck Very Hard. Every fight has an extra two Mastiffs, and as soon as one hits me I just get stunlocked until death. I've been playing without nanopastes, but I equipped them for the first fight in the Japanese garden where the final wave is two Mastiffs and a heavy, and I got stunlocked all the way through three nanopastes. I restarted the checkpoint, but I'm pretty sure it would have gone all the way.

Can't deal with it. Cannot follow the laws of the wild. A stranger (to success) I remain. Got to plan my dispersal.

I'll come back to it tomorrow and probably get a bit further. Really not looking forward to the freight elevator fight.

Timmy00

Very hard and Revengeance mode will definitely test out your skill in the game. Better remember how to parry fast and when to dodge ;p Having Wig B equipped and Sam's sword maxed out will make it a bit easier though.

Holy shit that's good.

Game works wonderfully with the Dualshock 3, haven't tested yet with DS4 though.
Also I can't play in full screen in 1440p, have to lower the screen resolution to 1080p. Fraps also takes my screens in 720p, wtf?

Echoplx

So no one else wastes their time; you cannot unlock the codec achievement by using the new menu option. Someone had to try lol ;_;

TnK

Yeah guy, that is what I was talking about. Now try no damaging him on Revengeance where every time he does his new move he spins around like 10 times.

Sam DLC is some great stuff though. Someone needs to find a way to get him into the main campaign for fun.

I did this on very hard, and I have not unlocked this boss on revengeance yet, but I will try to no damage him. I have his pattern locked down now. I can dodge all his moves, unless the game glitches and Armstrong starts running circles around me. Only problem for me was those freaking helicopters. I could NEVER do it right.
Yeah... I went through the exact same thing yesterday. What a pain in the ass perfecting him was. I had an easier time with vr mission 18.

At least with VR mission 18 it's more predictable. Run to the right and the gekko will headbutt. Stand against the lines and the mastiffs will lunge at you first thing. Get near the fenrir and pray to god he throws his knives to kill the guys with hammers. Use the Sai on the grad because you'll have plenty of time left.

With armstrong it's a lot less predictable on hard. Wait for the helicopters to fall to a certain distance then hit him with a charge. Dodge back twice and hit him with another charge. Start another charge right in front of him because he's going to pound the ground. When he falls back just do Sam's ff+Y on him and BMC it over and over. You can do this even with no extra fuel cells. Dodge back and he'll do his stupid charge. Dodge forward through it twice, get near him, and unleash one final charge. After that it becomes pretty random and then you slice the helicopters. After that he gets pissed off and you taunt him. Slash with heavy attack and dodge over and over and over and over. Pray to God he eventually stands still for two seconds. Otherwise just keep chipping away until it's finally over. Also, never EVER stay anywhere but the center of the helipad. If he's near your when he does his charge, you're probably fucked. If you're near the corner, the camera will probably spaz out and he'll hit you off screen. He starts pissed off in revengeance mode... that's not going to be fun.
Can't wait to start this boss on Revengeance. I remember there was not that much difference between VH and Revengeance.

Anteater

I guess the dog dlc is a nice change of pace, I think it's a pretty weak dlc though, but nice to see more cutscenes for some of the characters.

I did this on very hard, and I have not unlocked this boss on revengeance yet, but I will try to no damage him. I have his pattern locked down now. I can dodge all his moves, unless the game glitches and Armstrong starts running circles around me. Only problem for me was those freaking helicopters. I could NEVER do it right.

Can't wait to start this boss on Revengeance. I remember there was not that much difference between VH and Revengeance.

Yeah if you got it on VH your probably fine, I have no trouble with the boss other then when the move glitches out.

Lol, got the Monsoon no damage achievement on my second try. I remember it literally took me like 4 hours on PS3... but on PS3 I made it much harder for myself by A. Not using the pincer blades and B. Not knowing I could parry the Lorentz force

Volcynika

Picked up the "Draw, Pardner" and codec achievement before going to bed last night, so I'm almost done with the progress I wanted before taking a break. Just gotta no-damage Armstrong as Raiden, then might attempt the VR missions a few times. Though the Blade Wolf 1-hour Revengeance run doesn't seem tooooooooo bad, does it count screwups in your time or is it only the best runs?

TnK

BLADE WOLF IN SAM'S DLC ON REVENGEANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too hard....way too hard........makes my Armstrong attempts yesterday feel like a cakewalk.

KarmaCow

Not being able to replay specific sub chapters once you get to next checkpoint kinda kills my drive to try S rank Revengeance. The part in mission 4 where you're running down the hallways before climbing to the top is filled with checkpoints and many opportunties for stray bullets to hit you. It seems like one ill-timed bullet right before a checkpoint could ruin a no damage run for the S rank.

Too hard....way too hard........makes my Armstrong attempts yesterday feel like a cakewalk.

I haven't played it on Revengeance but I would think it would be easier than on Very Hard. There are so many opportunities to perfect parry on Blade Wolf.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Take some queues from this video! Nothing that's particularly difficult to pull off here but damn does it look good.

It helped me pull through on my Jetstream achievement run.

Picked up the "Draw, Pardner" and codec achievement before going to bed last night, so I'm almost done with the progress I wanted before taking a break. Just gotta no-damage Armstrong as Raiden, then might attempt the VR missions a few times. Though the Blade Wolf 1-hour Revengeance run doesn't seem tooooooooo bad, does it count screwups in your time or is it only the best runs?

Knowing the way Platinum works and how the S-Rank Revengeance/No damage parts work with checkpoints, I'm going to guess that it counts screwups.

I forgot how damn annoying VR mission 17 is (to get gold on, in particular). :\

TnK

I haven't played it on Revengeance but I would think it would be easier than on Very Hard. There are so many opportunities to perfect parry on Blade Wolf.
Nope, nowhere near easier than VH. I started a clean VH run for this DLC and it was a LOT easier than this.

Take some queues from this video! Nothing that's particularly difficult to pull off here but damn does it look good.

It helped me pull through on my Jetstream achievement run.

Thanks. Also RP gernades? I'd rather finish the fight without items.

I finished this boss on Revengeance on the PS3 when the DLC was out, but I don't remember how I did it.

KarmaCow

Nope, nowhere near easier than VH. I started a clean VH run for this DLC and it was a LOT easier than this.

I finished this boss on Revengeance on the PS3 when the DLC was out, but I don't remember how I did it.

The grenade is just for the cancelling the taunt animation.

TnK

Hypron was right, PP IS the way to go vs this boss. I remember why I did not do it too much on the PS3, I had a lot of input lag on my TV. My PC's monitor input lag on the other hand is minimal.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Swapping sub weapons is an alternative method to dodging for cancelling the long taunt animation, I would argue it's also safer. You don't have to use them if you don't want to, I know I didn't.

It completely immobilizes him for the rest of the fight as well though.

That's what RP Grenades do in this game

If you watch it closely the grenade itself only technically stuns him for the first charge attack, after that he's stunned from raw damage until the grenade fades just when he dies.

Top Bottom