• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Dr Dogg

The good thing I found about Rising was that the pacing was relentless but if you wanted all the series tropes they were still there in some from through the optional codec calls.

joe2187

Banned
I do miss some stuff from the mainline MGS series.

Like Ocelots pet arm.

RIP Liquid arm, you were too pure for this wold.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
No way, MGS2 Raiden is best Raiden.
That's fine that you like him, but you know he was popularly hated on when he debuted. Again: the Jar Jar of this series.

And Kojima was fully aware of how much he was disliked, and that's why he was given such an over-the-top badass portrayal in MGS4. And it worked (I quite like the character in Rising now).

e88n3hm.gif

Trying out for the new Sonic game?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I miss the days of psychic masters who float in the air and bulky men who wield two ton chain guns.

Hahah, yeah I know MGS1 had its share of the supernatural, but they were grounded in some fuzzy science. I found it much easier to suspend disbelief there than for any of the conspiracy theory plot in MGS2, or Liquid's arm.

Hahah, yeah I know MGS1 had its share of the supernatural, but they were grounded in some fuzzy science. I found it much easier to suspend disbelief there than for any of the conspiracy theory plot in MGS2, or Liquid's arm.

Maybe I misunderstood MGS4 but wasn't the resolution of the arm thing just
that Ocelot was faking it the entire time?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Yep, you're right. But I'm convinced that was retroactively cleaning up the mess in MGS2. Just because a more "reasonable" explanation is shoehorned in seven years later didn't make me feel much better about it.

Dr Dogg

Actually I've just realised my 360 pad is on it's last legs. That Monsoon fight is going to hammer the final nail in the coffin for sure :(

catabarez

Not the entire time. The scene in MGS2 was real and after that Ocelot switched it for another arm and then got hypnotized to believe he was Liquid.

Newblade

Yep, you're right. But I'm convinced that was retroactively cleaning up the mess in MGS2. Just because a more "reasonable" explanation is shoehorned in seven years later didn't make me feel much better about it.

It's actually more convoluted than that. It was supposed to be a possession in MGS2 due to some innate psychic abilites of Ocelot, and then he replaced it with a cybernetic arm in MGS4 to have it under control and fake it.

I'd say that all the nanomachines stuff is crap. Kojima had already gone all out with the supernatural, even in MGS1. Retconning it has made it look even more stupid.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Not the entire time. The scene in MGS2 was real and after that Ocelot switched it for another arm and then got hypnotized to believe he was Liquid.

Christ. I think I blocked this from my memory.

It's actually more convoluted than that. It was supposed to be a possession in MGS2 due to some innate psychich abilites of Ocelot, and then he replaced it with a cybernetic arm in MGS4 to have it under control and fake it.

I'd say that all the nanomachines stuff is crap. Kojima had already gone all out with the supernatural, even in MGS1. Retconning it has made it look even more stupid.

I don't think I remember MGS4 as well as I thought I did.

I'm hyped for this game!! First recent metal Gear game on PC. I just hope this shows people like SEGA, Platinum and Konami to bring more stuff to PC such as MGSV.

Anyway... Here's hoping that everything runs smoothly!

Kiant

I'm hyped for this game!! First recent metal Gear game on PC. I just hope this shows people like SEGA, Platinum and Konami to bring more stuff to PC such as MGSV.

Anyway... Here's hoping that everything runs smoothly!

Pretty sure MGSV has been confirmed for PC.

joe2187

Banned

It was an ingenious plot.

He first acted like liquid was controlling him through his severed arm for reasons known only to him had grafted upon himself so he could deceive the la le lu le lo, The la le lu le lo being an artificial intelligence that has no concept of such a theory.

But that wasnt enough, the la le lu le lo were smart you see. So he decided to hypnotise himself into believing that liquid was truly taking over his body through his arm in order to fool the la le lu le lo that Liquid was still alive.

Herne

Do you like dumb action animes? If so, I think that's the best way to describe character action games to someone who never played them.

You know how awesome it feels to watch Gurren Lagann characters being awesome? It's kinda like that but you're in control.

And also kinda like anime, you have to master the controls in order to become the hypest shit on earth, Simon didn't start GL as mr dickpants, he evolved into mr dickpants.

If you also don't watch anime, then, well, you should.

I like anime, I watch Ghibli stuff, films like Summer Wars, Papurika and the like and some series like Wolf's Rain, K-On, Usagi Drop, etc. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of it, though, and definitely not of stuff like Gurenn Lagann... not my thing at all. I wouldn't say I've never played character action games before - I've been playing games for a very long time, it's just that my interest level began to drop off extremely quickly the older I got, and I haven't gone near them in some time.

But, I may give this one a chance.

Newblade

MGS2 was the more absurd game. Look at the crap it started.

It was absurd but fun, and in my opinion going along with it would have been better. MGS4 crapped on it trying to look for justifications and make amends for every complaint the fanbase could think of. It's like the embodiment of Kojima's insecurities.

Just look at the MGS2 visual novel, that Kojima thinks should be the way newcomers experience the storyline. It's absolutely atrocious.

Is her name really Sunny Emmerich? I figured she'd be Sunny Gurlukovich, but then I guess Otacon must have adopted her. Now that I think about it, did Olga ever have a chance to name her, or did Otacon and Snake come up with the name Sunny?

Oh also pre-loaded, ready to go, time to let her rip, mind eef I cot een?

Top Bottom