• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

OMG

One of those helicopters in Sundowner's fight manage to hit me with a bullet when finished the first phase and I didn't notice.

Fuck them.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Still trying with basic stats Muramasa on VH against final boss. No healing. It's quite a rush. I've gotten him down to around 50% before I fuck up.

The fire wall move is the real crapshoot. This is more than workable:
pmeF5mh.jpg

Something like this is more dangerous, when you're surrounded. I've been hit only to be bounced to the other fire wall as well and die instantly. True hell. But still workable.

But something like this...good fucking luck

Playing through Sam's dlc I really like how he plays a lot better than Raiden, from mobility to air dashes to 360 dodge... Feels like DMC3 all over again where I wanted Vergil's move set to be expanded on more than Dante's (despite him being tacked on for the SE).

TnK

@Sub_Level: I think you should be OK once you have all his moves memorized. Not sure though, never played base stats muramasa vs Armstrong.

Still trying with basic stats Muramasa on VH against final boss. No healing. It's quite a rush. I've gotten him down to around 50% before I fuck up.

The fire wall move is the real crapshoot. This is more than workable:

Something like this is more dangerous, when you're surrounded. I've been hit only to be bounced to the other fire wall as well and die instantly. True hell. But still workable.

But something like this...good fucking luck
Why don't you just replay levels before the boss fight to upgrade you muramasa. I think I did that once to get nanopastes. Sure you'll lose your position in the boss fight but you'll be better prepared for the fight when you get back there.

Sub_Level

Why don't you just replay levels before the boss fight to upgrade you muramasa. I think I did that once to get nanopastes. Sure you'll lose your position in the boss fight but you'll be better prepared for the fight when you get back there.

I've been trying for a couple days now. That would feel like cheating. Have 22 hours on my Time Played on Steam and I haven't even started Revengeance, done ANY of the VR missions, or ANY of the dlc O_O

I'm fully upgraded and hit up Very Hard. I feel like a sharp suit wearing Juggernaut. I'm killing Mastiffs faster than I was in Hard. I'm preparing for tears once they start multiplying though.

I did no damage on Mistral without too much of a problem. My first one!
Other than Khamsin. That dude is a joke.

I'm fully upgraded and hit up Very Hard. I feel like a sharp suit wearing Juggernaut. I'm killing Mastiffs faster than I was in Hard. I'm preparing for tears once they start multiplying though.

I did no damage on Mistral without too much of a problem. My first one!
Other than Khamsin. That dude is a joke.

The biggest hurdles for me with mistral's no damage were the explosive barrels doing like 7 splash damage, so annoying.

RPGCrazied

Is there a way to stagger bosses? Of course I just now defeated
mistral
, but same thing happend with the
dog robot
. They never stayed still and moving way to fast. Very annoying.

Maybe I just suck, lol.

Is there a way to stagger bosses? Of course I just now defeated
mistral
, but same thing happend with the
dog robot
. They never stayed still and moving way to fast. Very annoying.

Maybe I just suck, lol.

Lots of hits can give you a quick stun on a lot of things, some bosses included... or land a counter (this is more reliable and what you should be learning anyway... ;) )

Jintor

they don't stagger for long anyway. And as the difficulty increases their stagger time decreases (RAY on very hard staggers for like half a second, goddamn)

Blade Wolf's combat is way too shallow.

What's going on with Revengeance difficulty? Riposte did 90% to Blade Wolf, and instantly ended the third phase of Mistral. I haven't seen this happen on any other difficulty, and I'm only using an upgraded default sword.

GWX

About the Sam DLC:

FUCK YOU ARMSTRONG. FUCK YOU SO DAMN HARD. I ALMOST BROKE MY CONTROLLER FROM THE RAGE. FUCK.

Sub_Level

Beat Very Hard finally. I was able to pull the final boss blade mode segment off! Once was all I needed, those 3 or 4 nanopastes make a world of difference. I seriously spent like 4 hours or more on that one fight. Once I started Revengeance and got enough BP, first thing I did was maximize the Muramasa so it won't happen again.

And speaking of Revengeance, I'm going full cheese mode. White Armor, fully upgraded Fox Blade, and Infinite Wig B. Now it is my turn to laugh at the game...until I start the DLC and VR missions at least.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
About the Sam DLC:

FUCK YOU ARMSTRONG. FUCK YOU SO DAMN HARD. I ALMOST BROKE MY CONTROLLER FROM THE RAGE. FUCK.

Haha, I can't get past Bladewolf I'm so rusty from not playing that DLC in a year. :(

I keep getting him to like 30% with one bar of health and wiping out. I REFUSE TO USE THE HEALTHPACKS. I beat this bitch before.

Roto13

When people say they have trouble with the last boss of the main game, I laugh and tell them to play the Jetstream Sam DLC.

I just picked it up on PC.

It's so good....I tried the demo when it first came out on consoles and I didn't get it. But, I was wrong, horribly wrong.

It's glorious. It's...

WUCSm0D.gif

Uraizen

Banned
And speaking of Revengeance, I'm going full cheese mode. White Armor, fully upgraded Fox Blade, and Infinite Wig B. Now it is my turn to laugh at the game...until I start the DLC and VR missions at least.

But half the fun of that mode is how stupidly overpowered the perfect parry is.

McNum

Wait, I thought you already finished the game on PS3/360?
I did, but only on Normal. Been working my way up through difficulties in the PC version. And getting the unlockables.

I kind of hope I get to try Revengeance mode, but I want to unlock it the normal way, meaning beating Very Hard.

TheSeks

The only solace that can be drawn from George's existence is knowing that even the protagonist didn't bother not to cut him in half.

What? I thought it was only like a quarter. He only had a robotic arm and "patch" where Raiden cut him in that Denver cut-scene. And I don't recall any codecs talking about being cut in half and surviving that.

But half the fun of that mode is how stupidly overpowered the perfect parry is.

I love parrying in Revengeance mode. It's so fucking satisfying... that one hit kill... and after playing on Revengeance and being mired in working on VR18 forever, turning around and playing normal, hard, or even very hard is very jarring. All of the sudden those OHK you're used to are GONE. :lol

George for worst character of the year.

Leave young Donte alone.
That "Cowabunga! Go ninja, go ninja, go!" line *STILL* cracks me up.

What? I thought it was only like a quarter. He only had a robotic arm and "patch" where Raiden cut him in that Denver cut-scene. And I don't recall any codecs talking about being cut in half and surviving that.

Your definition of didn't must be different than mine.
Edit: oooh, tricked by the double negative, my bad.
Maybe he meant that he didn't bother to save him and just cut him in half. :)

the image of raiden at a desk job is pretty amusing

I'm laughing at it but I don't even understand why I'm laughing. :)

TheSeks

Your definition of didn't must be different than mine.

Well, here's the thing: We see the upperbody of George. Doktor says he didn't need a complete body (IIRC, paraphrasing) just one or two limbs replaced.

Raiden doesn't give a damn after George confirms that he's fine with being taken out if it means "that asshole" that is holding him hostage is taken out as well, but factor in George's body/replacements and the survival rate of being cut in half as a human and... yeah... I don't think Raiden cut George in half.

Top Bottom