• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Any fix on the 24fps framelock when using HDMI?

When I play it on my TV in fullscreen mode at 1080p it switches to 24Hz on my tv...

How have I not hit this. Maybe it depends on the TV?

One hilarious completely repeatable bug I keep running into is that if you force Sundowner into his secondary form, Raiden will ALWAYS be standing in the cinematic shot.

I don't recall having this problem and I think he went into second form when I beat him on normal.

--

I forgot how much of a pain in the ass R00 was on Revengeance.
And yes, DVR27 is a pain in the nuts. It's getting frustrating, but not necessarily because it's super difficult... just annoying.

Jintor

Maybe just my pc, but I've fought him four times now and every time he goes full HAM Raiden remains in the shot

it's actually kind of annoying because the camera tries to pivot to him as soon as the scene ends but he's not where he's supposed to be, and then sundowner hits you

Uraizen

Banned
Maybe just my pc, but I've fought him four times now and every time he goes full HAM Raiden remains in the shot

it's actually kind of annoying because the camera tries to pivot to him as soon as the scene ends but he's not where he's supposed to be, and then sundowner hits you

Oh... I thought there was a trick to doing it. I wanted to do it myself, lol.

BiggNife

First time I hear this. Like they said, try going to windowed mode first, put 1080p, then go fullscreen.

This is a decent port btw, nowhere near how bad DaS is.

I got the no damage achievements for:
1- Mistral.
2- Sundowner.
3- Armstrong.

Monsoon is probably the hardest, and Sam is also really hard. more fun then Monsoon though.

Sam isn't so bad once you get the hang of it. It's not easy, but its manageable - the only frustrating part for me was when he's disarmed, and I used a combination of light ninja run slashing plus Ripper Mode to get through that phase of the fight quickly. If you could handle Armstrong I'm sure you can do Sam.

The easiest no-damage achievement is probably Khamsin, IMO. Once you get the hang of dodging his unblockables it's pretty doable, and you can always get a stealth hit on him during the evading sections as long as you wait until he charges up his unblockable.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
WOW I finally beat that bastard Sam and the game CRASHES right after I pull the sword out his stomach!! I don't even know what to feel right now. I had like 4% health left too for the longest and was just rockin on pure adrenaline. Goddamn.

438.jpg

They host phenomenal podcast about gaming in Japan. Translators were also fully aware of western view of MGS franchise and crazy memes when they localized Rising. They also have close ties to Kojima, they did that famous Transfarring video. Just you wait, there will be more crazyness. :D

I checked their page to see a list of the games they worked on. It's amazing that one company has had a hand in so many of my favorite games.

Uraizen

Banned
The bug / glitch in real-time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD2NLfIGEHk&feature=youtu.be

Somehow I am a little bit relieved, I was almost throwing my controller, thinking that it was my problem somehow.

Will try what corrosivefrost said tomorrow!

Yeah, that's definitely not your fault. People on the Steam forums are complaining about it, too.

WOW I finally beat that bastard Sam and the game CRASHES right after I pull the sword out his stomach!! I don't even know what to feel right now. I had like 4% health left too for the longest and was just rockin on pure adrenaline. Goddamn.

Mine crashed in the exact same spot before. Only once in all my playthroughs, but it did happen.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Mine crashed in the exact same spot before. Only once in all my playthroughs, but it did happen.

Well, guess I'm unlucky because it just crashed at the same exact spot again. Wow. This is some discouraging shit right here. Guess I'm going to call it a night and hope for the best when I try again tomorrow.

JetStream Sam trollin' my X51. smh.

Uraizen

Banned

I wish we got another Sam DLC Campaign. =( I love how his style is purely offensive.

Now that I think of it, I liked the balance they came up with for the game as a whole with the DLC. Raiden was the stealth and offensive character. Sam was the purely offensive character with the taunt mechanic. Bladewolf was more stealth oriented, but could hold his own in a battle.
I still played Bladewolf offensively.

Fucking finally OMG

At least 5 times I've gotten him down to 10%, breathed a sigh of relief and had this asshole hit me with something while I was patting myself on the back. Glad to have the boss mode, if I had to do this after a doing a level perfectly and reached that last checkpoint after taking getting hit... furniture would move, minimum.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Any fix on the 24fps framelock when using HDMI?

When I play it on my TV in fullscreen mode at 1080p it switches to 24Hz on my tv...

From a couple pages back and as i said i really think this should be in the OP.

Dont know if this has been posted yet, but i really think it should be in the OP for all the people playing on HDTVs.

An easy fix for the full screen 24hz.....which also fixes every other game that fucks around like this is Borderless Windowed.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WindowedBorderlessGaming/discussions/0/846966336037436101/

Different software but same idea, windowed mode but borderless: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6utvc3azpe0ugy5/fullscreenizer.zip

Jintor

oh man, revengeance is even nuttier than i remember

it sure feels good to go full parry god on RAY, but the instant deaths to the UGs is murder

Can someone confirm a bug for me?

I'm playing the Blade Wolf DLC, and I'm in the fourth VR level with the platforming section where there's a huge wall. I was certain that I was simply stuck to the point that I looked at a guide, and I'm starting to wonder if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.

Some of the platforms move. There's one that you need to jump to near the beginning - you can see it here at 16:07 - http://youtu.be/WotU7lfvGBo?t=16m7s

When I'm playing, however, that moving platform is simply not there at all. I've restarted from the checkpoint, waited for a few minutes, nothing. Did I just get a glitch and have to start the DLC over?

Nyoro SF

Why can't I skip these creeedddiiitssss

War still rages within is a good song but god damn

Still waiting for the mod that allows this. I'm honestly surprised this wasn't caught during playtesting, after the first watch through the credits you should be able to skip every time.

Are you kidding me...that was bug? I was doing the same thing, it was so frustrating.
I died at least 10 times at that part. >_>

Yes :/ I was cursing all Platinum Games before i knew... asking loudly what were they thinking with this shitty boss ( /AVGN mode) :D

Yeah, that's definitely not your fault. People on the Steam forums are complaining about it, too.

Guys, just letting everybody know, that lowering the resolution to 800x600 solved the problem, and i was able to reflect the last attack. Hope they fix this, because it looks ugly as hell in this resolution...

Thanks specially for Uraizen and corrosivefrost for the support! :)

Schlomo

http://8-4.jp/blog/?lang=en

They host phenomenal podcast about gaming in Japan. Translators were also fully aware of western view of MGS franchise and crazy memes when they localized Rising. They also have close ties to Kojima, they did that famous Transfarring video. Just you wait, there will be more crazyness. :D

I loved how they put things like "...Metal Gear?!" in there.

One thing about the localization that leaves a lot to be desired is Raiden's voice though. It's like the director told him to go all out with his forced bad ass voice for his Jack the Ripper scenes, which in itself already sounds ridiculous, but it gets worse when you make several codec calls and his voice switches back and forth between forced and fairly normal.

SeriousApes

Woohoo! Finally finished downloading. I have slow internet and I had to run download sessions over two weeks or so, but I can finally play it. I was having some issues using my DS4 until I realized I had to disable the touchpad. The game would sometimes think I was using K/B+M and then I wouldn't be able to attack or sometimes I could only use either the light or heavy attack with my DS4. But all is well now!

TnK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BagfYOZJQfk

Now I'm tempted to go do it myself and knock out the s-rank for chapter R00 and R06 quickly on Revengeance.
Sam isn't so bad once you get the hang of it. It's not easy, but its manageable - the only frustrating part for me was when he's disarmed, and I used a combination of light ninja run slashing plus Ripper Mode to get through that phase of the fight quickly. If you could handle Armstrong I'm sure you can do Sam.

The easiest no-damage achievement is probably Khamsin, IMO. Once you get the hang of dodging his unblockables it's pretty doable, and you can always get a stealth hit on him during the evading sections as long as you wait until he charges up his unblockable.

I just got no damage and S rank on revengeance. Screw Armstrong, THIS is the HARDEST boss to no damage.... so many random factors in play here.

EDIT: I just love how in the last stage, the first group of enemies go "Enemy sighted, send backup AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWUUUUUAAAAAAAAA" when they see you. makes me laugh every time.

Hmmm, I don't seem to know how to sneak past the first enemies.

I just got no damage and S rank on revengeance. Screw Armstrong, THIS is the HARDEST boss to no damage.... so many random factors in play here.

EDIT: I just love how in the last stage, the first group of enemies go "Enemy sighted, send backup AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWUUUUUAAAAAAAAA" when they see you. makes me laugh every time.

Hmmm, I don't seem to know how to sneak past the first enemies.

As for Sam, it's much easier than some of the others -- it's just a matter of getting a just-defend -- I did it in about 5 minutes after I said I was going to go play it. Monsoon is still my most hated no damage outside of the DLC. Sam vs. Armstong is already making me rage... I'm just considering doing it on revengeance and hoping I can get it there with increased taunt damage and quick charges.

Sneaking by the first fight in R07 is easy -- you go toward where the humanoid gekko is, then walk toward the rock -- jump until caution is triggered then hide in a box. One of the soldiers will investigate you, when he turns to go back, stealth kill.

Go back around and get on the high rock to the left, jump until caution, then box. When the other guard gets close enough, stealth kill.

For the remaining guard, just use a homing missle.

Can someone confirm a bug for me?

I'm playing the Blade Wolf DLC, and I'm in the fourth VR level with the platforming section where there's a huge wall. I was certain that I was simply stuck to the point that I looked at a guide, and I'm starting to wonder if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong.

Some of the platforms move. There's one that you need to jump to near the beginning - you can see it here at 16:07 - http://youtu.be/WotU7lfvGBo?t=16m7s

When I'm playing, however, that moving platform is simply not there at all. I've restarted from the checkpoint, waited for a few minutes, nothing. Did I just get a glitch and have to start the DLC over?

What difficulty?
It's not there on Revengeance for sure.

Burnburn

You know what, the zandatsu missions can go fuck themself. It's just bullshit that an enemy can walk off the stage and die like a fucking fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Now that that's out of my system, the zandatsu mission are cheap, like really cheap. I was doing D27, there were only two wolves left, which should be a piece of cake, but noooooo one decides to be stupid and walk of the stage. Made me rage hard. Oh well, let's try it again.

Edit: beaten it \(^o^)/

ArjanN

I can't beat Armstrong.. JESUS I HATE HIM. I HATE HIM JESUS:mad:

Play some VR missions. Upgrade your health/sword damage with the points you get.

If the bit where he throws stuff at you is killing you, just ninja run under it instead of trying to cut them.

Alternatively, get good. :p

I just beat him.

It took about 2-3 days. Fuck him.

I ended up replaying the last level to get more nanopastes, ended up with 2. I can't remember how many I used during the fight. Basically, just memorize his actions and unleash hate. Dodge is your friend.

Grief.exe

Use Ninja Run when he charges up his flame attack.
Spam Defensive Offensive when he goes yellow.
Parry all he normal attacks, should be easy at this point in the game.
You can ninja run around his rocks.
If you do cut up the rocks, then they drop 4 nanopaste. Pick them up, save, reload to start the fight with 4.

My suggestions for cutting up the rocks.
Switch to control mode B. Changes aiming your cut angle to left stick and camera to right stick.
To aim your cuts, rotate the left stick around its axis to line up two boxes, then let go of the stick to cut at that angle. Use right stick for a little fine tuning, you have plenty of time.

mkjP5VK.png

I was somewhat disappointed with the Sundowner fight. After all the buildup from the start of the game, and considering how all the other boss battles in the game had been, I was expecting an epic, tough-as-nails, long, crazy battle. Instead I got a simple boss with like 2-3 moves that I beat on my second try without items. :/

I even went back to Monsoon to see if I had simply got that much better at the game, but nope, he's much, much harder (not to mention longer and much more varied in attacks), even though I now have Sundowners' scissors (which BTW are downright incredible, one of the very, very rare situations where one "slow but powerful" weapon is actually worth it for me).

Hell, I went back to Sundowner to see if I had simply got lucky the first time, but nope, he died like a bitch again. :/

What am I missing, GAF?

Grief.exe

I was somewhat disappointed with the Sundowner fight. After all the buildup from the start of the game, and considering how all the other boss battles in the game had been, I was expecting an epic, tough-as-nails, long, crazy battle. Instead I got a simple boss with like 2-3 moves that I beat on my second try without items. :/

I even went back to Monsoon to see if I had simply got that much better at the game, but nope, he's much, much harder (not to mention longer and much more varied in attacks), even though I now have Sundowners' scissors (which BTW are downright incredible, one of the very, very rare situations where one "slow but powerful" weapon is actually worth it for me).

Hell, I went back to Sundowner to see if I had simply got lucky the first time, but nope, he died like a bitch again. :/

What am I missing, GAF?

He is just a push over, can probably be attributed to the rushed development of the game. All of the reasons you listed would imply that the original design of the fight was meant to be much more epic.

I wish we got another Sam DLC Campaign. =( I love how his style is purely offensive.

Now that I think of it, I liked the balance they came up with for the game as a whole with the DLC. Raiden was the stealth and offensive character. Sam was the purely offensive character with the taunt mechanic. Bladewolf was more stealth oriented, but could hold his own in a battle.
I still played Bladewolf offensively.

I want Sam for the next game and 50% of it played by him -- or better yet, a spinoff game based on Sam. His moves look much sweeter and he's a better fighter than Raiden IMO. His quickdraw is fucking incredible.. much better than even Ryu's ultimate technique in NG.

What am I missing, GAF?

Did you cut the shields off?

demidar

One of the worst VR missions, definitely. Disposable weapon system was undercooked. Another thing to work on for the sequel.

Did you cut the shields off?

Er, yes. Can you even progress in the fight without doing so?

He is just a push over, can probably be attributed to the rushed development of the game. All of the reasons you listed would imply that the original design of the fight was meant to be much more epic.

What a shame, then. It's just kind of funny that it's the easiest and plainest fight when it's probably the one character you're most looking forward to kick his ass in the entire game. Blade Wolf, Mistral and Monsoon are pretty much introduced to you minutes or seconds before their boss fights and yet are all much more memorable fights. :/

This is amazing lol.

It really is. I also hate that mission.

One of the worst VR missions, definitely. Disposable weapon system was undercooked. Another thing to work on for the sequel.

I just discovered today that you can quickshoot missiles from the hip by double tapping L1, though, which is kind of cool and helps a lot in the VR mission that has you downing Geckos with the missile launcher. But yeah, all in all it seems like a system from another game (which I guess technically is, since it's pretty much MGS's weapons transplanted to MGR).

Beat Armstrong with no damage but the achievement didn't pop, do I have to take no damage at all of his phases, including the cutscene-y fist fight that I have to get hit or something?

Grief.exe

Beat Armstrong with no damage but the achievement didn't pop, do I have to take no damage at all of his phases, including the cutscene-y fist fight that I have to get hit or something?

You probably missed the QTE at the end of the 2nd phase, it saves your checkpoint right there and you have to replay the whole area.

Top Bottom