• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Waltzed my way through Normal to familiarize myself, knowing it is fairly short. Just finished chapter 2 in Hard, and I'm having a difficult time deciding what to upgrade/buy, would appreciate opinions on this. Muramasa vs Fox Blade? Unique weapons? I have the pincer but it's only barely upgraded. I think my main blade is nearly maxed, should I stick with it?
Muramasa is the boss killer. It does the most damage of all swords.

Fox Blade is basically permanent Ripper mode so aside from bosses everything is butter to you.

Revengeance, actually. How do I reach it? Just a really perfectly timed jump?

Fox Blade is ridiculously overpowered. To me, it breaks the game.

Yes and yes.
That jump is a pain in the ass.
You have to let blade wolf hit the edge and stutter step before you jump... it takes a few tries if you're not used to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ikvpefwuops#t=471

Note: I found it easier to take the elevator platform that leads to one of the upgrades and allows you to fall onto the goal point instead of following Kheapathic's route and jumping through those 2 bomb rings at the end.

I can do no damage on Moonsoon easily until the music kicks in, then I always fuck up. Do EM grenades still work when he starts throwing limbs at you?

Yes, if you can hit him with one... (or the charged sai like stunlocking the GRAD at the end of VR18).

VcxkJamHHXKV

Fox Blade makes the game not fun anymore. Sort of like Crissagrim on SotN. Except that weapon never got old for me.

Pretty much.

The game is only really balanced around the HF Blade whether on purpose or due to time constraints. FOX Blade and the Wigs are obviously cheats but most of the alt weapons / secondary weapons / sub weapons aren't really balanced either (especially the Pincer Blades, which are nearly on FOX Blade levels of broken in the main game combined with ripper mode especially).

Zeth

The game is only really balanced around the HF Blade whether on purpose or due to time constraints. FOX Blade and the Wigs are obviously cheats but most of the alt weapons / secondary weapons / sub weapons aren't really balanced either (especially the Pincer Blades, which are nearly on FOX Blade levels of broken in the main game combined with ripper mode especially).

Good to know. How does a fresh Muramasa blade compare to upgraded HF in damage output? I don't want to put BP into it if I end up sticking with the HF.

Good to know. How does a fresh Muramasa blade compare to upgraded HF in damage output? I don't want to put BP into it if I end up sticking with the HF.

Muramasa does more damage and you kinda need to put BP into it anyway as its the only weapon you can use against Armstrong when the fight comes up.

xn0

Has there been an update on when the next patch is going to be out and what it is going to include? I've been holding off on my third play through for a resolution patch so I can play it at 2560x1600 without being horribly stretched.

Kinosen

Neo Member
Just did the Blade Wolf fight in the Jetstream Sam DLC on Hard, an absolute ordeal on my fingers, but I think I loved it more than the version in the main story campaign, plus with even more appreciation for "I'm My Own Master Now".

deim0s

Just did the Blade Wolf fight in the Jetstream Sam DLC on Hard, an absolute ordeal on my fingers, but I think I loved it more than the version in the main story campaign, plus with even more appreciation for "I'm My Own Master Now".

Great feeling afterwards no?

I intentionally stick to that boss fight more - everytime things go different.

Always be attacking, the whole thing about monsoon being a final exam of your ability to parry is a little off base, I like to think of him as the first real test of Defensive offense and canceling.

By that fight you shou8d only be using parry as a block when things go really rotten and you need to collect yourself.

Monsoon No damage/S-rank vid is live, maybe it will give you some ideas for how to fight him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLRcYfIs2ok

Also while not from this particular video here's a gif that encapsulates why I find this fight to be so fun and exhilarating
QN8Rhs2eCHjA

Happened when I glitched him past the 40% dmage QTE and he went full hostile magnetic mode immediately after which can happen and is the reason I lob that wasted emp in the video

Thanks for the tips. Finally got it.

I was wondering why I wasn't getting S in Sundowner, no idea you had to wait for some soldiers to come to get some zandatsu points.

Just beat Armstrong in Raiden's main campaign. Has anyone else experienced a glitch where the structures he throws at you come in lower than they should, and if you cut them all, you won't get a prompt with Armstrong and he'll land safely near you instead?

AlterOdin

Any fix on the 24fps framelock when using HDMI?

When I play it on my TV in fullscreen mode at 1080p it switches to 24Hz on my tv...

You probably tried this (if you have a nvidia card). I had the same problem (24Hz and flickering). Upgrading my drivers on my 680gtx solved it for me. Driver version 332.21

The ranking requirements often need you to do long ass combos which don't seem all that feasible without the polearm. Fully upgraded Murasama doesn't take that many hits to kill most things on Very Hard plus, you should be going for parry counters anyway.

Just beat Armstrong in Raiden's main campaign. Has anyone else experienced a glitch where the structures he throws at you come in lower than they should, and if you cut them all, you won't get a prompt with Armstrong and he'll land safely near you instead?

I had a bunch of glitches in Armstrong fights. This happened to me too.

Thrakier

Did you ever read the prompt?

Obviously no. I thought it's just the obvious yadda yadda about loosing your current progress and save position. It really makes no sense that you can delete your game progress within your save. It's not like I deleted my profile. I don't know why they did that. I wanted to replay it on very hard, but, oh well, it's time to part now, I guess. Put enough hours into it anyway.

Obviously no. I thought it's just the obvious yadda yadda about loosing your current progress and save position. It really makes no sense that you can delete your game progress within your save. It's not like I deleted my profile. I don't know why they did that. I wanted to replay it on very hard, but, oh well, it's time to part now, I guess. Put enough hours into it anyway.

honestly, what did you think this meant? The game basically has 'save position' and 'character progress'.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I forgot how bad no-damaging Sam's final boss is. Good lord. I did it, but man... I'm not looking forward to Revengence's run. D:

Thanks for everyone's help in reporting bugs and issues, I just handed a hefty report over to Kojima Studios to check over all the issues reported so far and will continue to keep updates coming on progress.

Again, thank you for your vigilance in this issue! (and to Steam Forums, Facebook page and calls to Customer Service).

Thanks for everyone's help in reporting bugs and issues, I just handed a hefty report over to Kojima Studios to check over all the issues reported so far and will continue to keep updates coming on progress.

Again, thank you for your vigilance in this issue! (and to Steam Forums, Facebook page and calls to Customer Service).

Thanks for all your efforts Tora; you're an awesome rep.

This game is nuts

I think I can speak for a few when I say "We prefer the description 'bat-shit insane...'"

"Nanomachines, son."
is also acceptable.

After a year, I have finally reached Armstrong.

.......I probably have more restarts and game overs on him than the rest of the game combined. >.>. I can parry him no problem...mostly....but the fight is so hectic. and I'm having issues with the debris
(I know you can run under it....I was trying to avoid that. XD

But, holy crap. I'm glad I finally 'got' parrying on this run through the game. I'm still not 100% at it, but parrying the crap out of Monsoon felt oh so good. I've never felt so empowered by an action game before.

Offensive defense is your go-to with Armstrong. Smack the shit out of him and stun his goofy ass.

Congrats on beating him though. Took me a good couple hours the first time around

As somebody who played Dork Souls for 200 hours before playing Revengeance, it baffles me that people don't understand the parry/ perfect parry mechanic.

I've played a good amount of Dark Souls, however, parrying really wasn't my thing. I played as a very tanky knight and could take the hits. I am actually having troubles timing the parries in this game, so I usually just do what I did in dark souls. I either just take the hits and strategically heal by targeting easier enemies, or I just run and avoid taking the hits altogether and wait until I see an opening for attack. That being said, I am pretty sure I am terrible at this game since I only have had a few S ranked fights. I think part of it is learning which attacks can be parried, and what the correct timing is to parrying the attacks.

After having a bunch of MGR vids show up on my youtube feeds/recommendations after the PC release, I'm convinced that parrying/dodging isn't the most important skill in the game, it's proper camera manipulation. Knowing when to lock on and when you manually adjust is how the game stops being a difficult claustrophobic mess and start being fun, and it's honestly frustrating watching people get repeatedly owned by off-screen enemies or just screaming "WHERE IS HE" during their let's plays.

So I'm finally giving this a proper go again (PS3 version but hey, all the same game right?).

The first chapter was as stupendously fun as I remember, absolute non stop craziness.

I forgot how many fucking optional codec conversations were in this game though - it's gonna drive me crazy throughout the game because I usually enjoy checking out everything in a game. Might give up on that though.

Getting to grips with the parry system really changes the game completely though, so satisfying.

Top Bottom