• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nanomachines, son!

Metal Gear Rising update pushed through the Steam database, lets see what it is...

sxYwxxo.png

Hm, is changenumber anything significant? I'm guessing no.

Polearm in the freeze shot? Did you not stunlock the GRAD? :lol
You're crazy.

That's an SLI artifact, but part of what I mean by getting my time down by another minute perfect parry would deal with him much quicker and I lost a good 40 seconds with wave 3 because I fucked up my positioning.

I have wave 1 and 2 perfectly choreographed so that wave 3 comes in at around the 40 sec mark, wave 3 I'm still experimenting with but I feel confident in being able to get it finished by the 1:20 mark.

That's an SLI artifact, but part of what I mean by getting my time down by another minute perfect parry would deal with him much quicker and I lost a good 40 seconds with wave 3 because I fucked up my positioning.

I have wave 1 and 2 perfectly choreographed so that wave 3 comes in at around the 40 sec mark, wave 3 I'm still experimenting with but I feel confident in being able to get it finished by the 1:20 mark.

You ARE crazy. ;) Good luck man. I couldn't consistently get the gekko to charge (though I suppose if you air parry a kick, you could shave seconds off since you don't have to deal with charge windup and QTE block) and then I couldn't consistently get a 2-fer when I took out the mastiffs with the wall jump... you're doing impressive work, IMO. :D

You probably missed the QTE at the end of the 2nd phase, it saves your checkpoint right there and you have to replay the whole area.

Depending on the difficulty and Armstrong's aggression index, it can be very hard to not take damage on top of excelsus in phase 1 and 2 before you get the checkpoint to start phase 3 (main event).

Dodging that bastard for 90+ seconds to take no damage in phase 2 on revengeance is AGGRAVATING.

Well, I haven't played on Revengeance so I imagine his patterns are quite a bit harder. On Hard, Sam is definitely easier to no damage than Armstrong.

Armstrong still wins between the two because of that second phase of just trying to dodge his overly aggressive ass for 2 minutes.

BiggNife

I just got no damage and S rank on revengeance. Screw Armstrong, THIS is the HARDEST boss to no damage.... so many random factors in play here..

Well, I haven't played on Revengeance so I imagine his patterns are quite a bit harder. On Hard, Sam is definitely easier to no damage than Armstrong.

jwhit28

Man I can't believe it has taken me this long to play this. Just that opening sequence, I mean what more can you ask from an action game?

Thorgal

rising keeps slipping in and out of the top 10 on steam

this title has some serious legs

Sometimes i wih Valve would add a counter next to their games so you can tell how well it is selling .

The fact that it is in the bestseller list proves it is selling well but not how much . is it at 100.000?

200.000 ? or over 500.000?

You ARE crazy. ;) Good luck man. I couldn't consistently get the gekko to charge (though I suppose if you air parry a kick, you could shave seconds off since you don't have to deal with charge windup and QTE block) and then I couldn't consistently get a 2-fer when I took out the mastiffs with the wall jump... you're doing impressive work, IMO. :D

The fucking cow is the only truly RNG part of it, if I don't get the charge right off the bat I restart.

Seriously, is Monsoon suppose to be so hard to do a No Damage?

Besides the new bane of my existence (Armstrong as Sam - "You're Hired"), it was one of the most difficult for me.

There are some tricks you can use to make it a bit easier though.

What part are you having issues with?

Spaghetti

Sometimes i wih Valve would add a counter next to their games so you can tell how well it is selling .

The fact that it is in the bestseller list proves it is selling well but not how much . is it at 100.000?

200.000 ? or over 500.000?
probably won't know the exact figures until konami announces them or they're picked up in their end of fiscal year stuff, i gather they're pleased with them though

but rising did go toe-to-toe with mega sellers day z and rust for some time before and after release, so that's something

Besides the new bane of my existence (Armstrong as Sam - "You're Hired"), it was one of the most difficult for me.

Mostly those multiattacks, but sometimes he moves pretty fast and I parry the wrong direction. The separated parts is also midly annoying.

Uraizen

Banned
Mostly those multiattacks, but sometimes he moves pretty fast and I parry the wrong direction. The separated parts is also midly annoying.

Be careful of those smoke grenades, they take off a very small percentage of your life. That rat bastard hit me with those on a few of my attempts.

I actually just shadowplayed footage of me fucking real bad a few times and still taking like 40seonds off my time, I'll put it on youtube and link when it's ready.

Ok so here's me doing VR mission 18 in 3:43 while getting fucked by the camera pretty badly during the third wave and me fucking up during the stunlock on the GRAD. I'll go back and do a perfect execution of it at some point but I'm more than happy with my time now and the fact that I managed to pull out of a couple spots where it wasn't going according to script and coulda gone REAL rotten.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gIuFdZ2b98

0wkKSYcs2KMJ

TnK

I am having more problems with Monsson than Armstrong. The two things that do damage:
1- His fast attacks. One of them hit me in the middle, even when tapping parry really fast. Has an odd timing.
2- The part when the vocals kick. This is the worst part for me, as I get hit in annoying parts. I guess I just need learn how to PP him right.

Uraizen

Banned
I am having more problems with Monsson than Armstrong. The two things that do damage:
1- His fast attacks. One of them hit me in the middle, even when tapping parry really fast. Has an odd timing.
2- The part when the vocals kick. This is the worst part for me, as I get hit in annoying parts. I guess I just need learn how to PP him right.

As long as you perfect parry his first arm, you can throw his own sai back at him to stun him when fully charged. It's fast enough to beat his second arm.

Wow, I just started a very hard run and got my ass handed to me. No-moves raiden and I are not friends. The one rocket soldier with two dogs had me stopped for ages.

As much as that part sucked, S ranking Mistral was pretty good.

Jintor

No damaged mistral without really trying on very hard. Her severe lack of gimmicks really hurts her

Also, you can fail her whip QTE and you won't take any damage. Weird!

Wow, I just started a very hard run and got my ass handed to me. No-moves raiden and I are not friends. The one rocket soldier with two dogs had me stopped for ages.

You can just run straight past them, Boris only locks you in to defeating those first three clowns (+ the cow?)

As long as you perfect parry his first arm, you can throw his own sai back at him to stun him when fully charged. It's fast enough to beat his second arm.

This is a trick I may have known before but forgot when doing my no damage run. You bet your sweet bippy I will be using it when I fight his ass on Revengeance.

Currently debating:

(1) More attempts at DVR27 -- I had almost made it to wave 04 when i got clocked by that damn gekko as I was trying to zandatsu the 3rd mastiff.
(2) S-Rank revengeance R07. It's short but can be one of the more aggravating ones because of some of the BS with Armstrong and MGE. Also debating knocking out R05 while I'm at it.
(3) Sam's Revengeance run in under an hour and attempting to no damage Armstrong there...

No damaged mistral without really trying on very hard. Her severe lack of gimmicks really hurts her

You can just run straight past them, Boris only locks you in to defeating those first three clowns (+ the cow?)

That fuckin' gekko. Kept getting in cheap shots on me.
Then MGR kept being a douche... I can't tell you how many retries that one took. I'd have him down to 10% or less and he'd shoot the missiles. And they'd land UNDER HIM WHERE I WAS STANDING! >_<

Yeah I just watched some v. Hard playthrough vids and realized you can skip them. So many wasted rocket deaths. Dammit Boris.

I'll need to get Mistral's patterns down better to no damage her though.

Jintor

Yeah I just watched some v. Hard playthrough vids and realized you can skip them. So many wasted rocket deaths. Dammit Boris.

I'll need to get Mistral's patterns down better to no damage her though.

Eh, Mistral staggers really easily so you can basically keep her in stunlock for the entire match if you just keep the pressure up.

Mistral is also really easy to checkpoint abuse. Plus you can knock her arms off and parry the tripod throw to win the third stage instantly on Revengeance.

Monsoon is still a massive bastard. It wouldn't even be that hard if not for the stupid vehicles being thrown at you and randomly not mashing block hard enough.

Mistral is also really easy to checkpoint abuse. Plus you can knock her arms off and parry the tripod throw to win the third stage instantly on Revengeance.

Monsoon is still a massive bastard. It wouldn't even be that hard if not for the stupid vehicles being thrown at you and randomly not mashing block hard enough.

You should not be mashing anything with Monsoon.

That fight is so much fun I just went and recorded an S-rank no damage of it, video is processing now will update once it's live.

There's something so satisfying about fucking him up in Zandatsu so fast you're still in slowmo when coming out of it

VcxkJamHHXKV

You should not be mashing anything with Monsoon.

That fight is so much fun I just went and recorded an S-rank no damage of it, video is processing now will update once it's live.

There's something so satisfying about fucking him up in Zandatsu so fast you're still in slowmo when coming out of it

VcxkJamHHXKV

Nice move with the divekick and emp grenade.

Sakujou

Banned
sry i hope no one asked this question before, but is someone able to make comparison shots?

i still replay revengeance because it was just the best game i played last year...

wondering if the pc version is like blistering teardrying über action with its full glory of HD-ness.

Always be attacking, the whole thing about monsoon being a final exam of your ability to parry is a little off base, I like to think of him as the first real test of Defensive offense and canceling.

By that fight you shou8d only be using parry as a block when things go really rotten and you need to collect yourself.

Monsoon No damage/S-rank vid is live, maybe it will give you some ideas for how to fight him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLRcYfIs2ok

Also while not from this particular video here's a gif that encapsulates why I find this fight to be so fun and exhilarating
QN8Rhs2eCHjA

Happened when I glitched him past the 40% dmage QTE and he went full hostile magnetic mode immediately after which can happen and is the reason I lob that wasted emp in the video

antitrop

Wow, the first GRAD fight on Very Hard was infinitely easier than my first time in that part on Hard. Beat it on my first try, didn't even use a Nanopaste.

If you end up in a corner and he's doing his sai combo, I don't think you're meticulously counting and pressing block for the exact number of attacks.

Don't block.

Defensive offense through it, the only time you should be blocking with monsoon is during the BD fight when you get him to a magnetic state while he's still in smoke.

I can do no damage on Moonsoon easily until the music kicks in, then I always fuck up. Do EM grenades still work when he starts throwing limbs at you?

Volcynika

I can do no damage on Moonsoon easily until the music kicks in, then I always fuck up. Do EM grenades still work when he starts throwing limbs at you?

Yeah. I just handled it by parrying/blocking the two sets of sai attacks, ninja running past his legs, and using an EM grenade on his body. Probably a better way to handle it, but that worked for me.

Zeth

Waltzed my way through Normal to familiarize myself, knowing it is fairly short. Just finished chapter 2 in Hard, and I'm having a difficult time deciding what to upgrade/buy, would appreciate opinions on this. Muramasa vs Fox Blade? Unique weapons? I have the pincer but it's only barely upgraded. I think my main blade is nearly maxed, should I stick with it?

What difficulty?
It's not there on Revengeance for sure.

Revengeance, actually. How do I reach it? Just a really perfectly timed jump?

Waltzed my way through Normal to familiarize myself, knowing it is fairly short. Just finished chapter 2 in Hard, and I'm having a difficult time deciding what to upgrade/buy, would appreciate opinions on this. Muramasa vs Fox Blade? Unique weapons? I have the pincer but it's only barely upgraded. I think my main blade is nearly maxed, should I stick with it?

Fox Blade is ridiculously overpowered. To me, it breaks the game.

Top Bottom