• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

RPGCrazied

Any tips on Sam's VR missions? The first 2 I found I can't even do. Lol. I hate how he doesn't have a air to ground move. He just moves forward.

KarmaCow

Any tips on Sam's VR missions? The first 2 I found I can't even do. Lol. I hate how he doesn't have a air to ground move. He just moves forward.

The uncharged strong attack brings him straight down. It's a good follow up to his light into charged strong attack.

RubenCordeiro

Neo Member
Just completed the game under 7 hours. Short but sweet. I was surprised to see Sunny. It was one of my favorite characters in MGS4, it was a nice throwback to the fans.

It was fun and I would not mind a sequel at all. Platinum Games nailed this one almost to perfection, specially given the development troubles.

Any tips on how to complete the second Ray boss at the beginning of the game on Revengeance mode?(S Class)

I took no damage from him the first time while standing on the building, and then I got to the part where you run down the building to slice him in half. Right before that, there is a hole you can fall down. I was like "oh, forgot about that. Let me reload checkpoint before I die"

Reloaded the checkpoint, still took no damage, completed it in 8:47, and still got a D :(

This is rather annoying considering the only way to fix it is to start from the very beginning all over again and fight the first Ray boss as well...

ugh

Without Raiden's upgrades? I tried doing that on Very Hard, even got the charge-block QTE, but I didn't get the execution prompt after it.

You only get those Y+B prompts if your Fuel Cell meter is full. It's something that really bugged me until I figured it out. I was parrying Gekko charges all over the place and not getting the prompt :p

Thought, now that you mention it, maybe un-upgraded Raiden actually can't do those QTE finishers. I don't think you get them when you perfect-parry regular soldiers in the prologue. Either way, that Gekko isn't really so hard. You can land a perfect parry on him if you back him up against a wall (so he can't jump away), but even if you don't manage that you can still just chip away at him in relative safety since all his attacks are parryable. And if you lure him over to the other soldiers at the start of the fight and perfect parry one of them, you can sometimes take out the Gekko with the counter-attack.

Just remember that you can skip the second fight in that area (with the soldiers and Fenrirs) by cutting through the fence and skedaddling. I can't imagine how frustrating that'd be to do legitimately :p

McNum

Oh, I know you can skip that fight. When I saw the Fenris on Very Hard, i just ran for it. No, just no.

I'll give it a go later. I'm sort of stuck between the thoughts "I can't believe I managed to beat Very Hard!" and "...but there is one more difficulty to try. REVENGEANCE!"

Also, for upgrades. I've got all the health/power, I got the Murasama maxed out, the Armor Breaker maxed out (but not the HF Blade yet), and both Staff and Pincers at 5 attack. What should I go for next?

Speaking of the pincers, I know they're supposed to be awesome, but how do you use them right? I tried on Monsoon and he got away every time I tried. So I just reverted to Y, X, X attacks instead with the Murasama.

Speaking of the pincers, I know they're supposed to be awesome, but how do you use them right? I tried on Monsoon and he got away every time I tried. So I just reverted to Y, X, X attacks instead with the Murasama.

The pincer blades only have a three-hit combo (and another move in the air), but each hit can be charged to do more damage. And, when they're fully charged (which is denoted by a flash and a sound effect), each attack will hit multiple times. Also, while you're holding a charged attack you'll take significantly less damage if anyone hits you, but that's really just a bonus since it's really hard to actually plan it in advance. Basically, any time you get a chance to charge an attack in a fight, like if you've knocked a boss down (they're great against MG Excelsus), or when you know enemies are going to drop in, they're the best way to do damage.

With Monsoon, the safest way to use them is right after you knock him out of his purple state, while his head's on the ground. I think the best strategy is to dash over, hit him with the first Pincer attack and then charge the second one. It'll hit him as he's getting up and do huuuuuuge damage (I think enough to skip at least one of his stuff-throwing phases). I think there are probably more safe points in the fight to use them, too. Maybe right at the start when he runs towards you?

Any word on a patch? Still having some issues with crashes, and official support for framerates above 60 would be nice.

ToraShiro, a Konami guy who's been posting in this thread, said he's just sent off a big list of feedback to the people in charge, so hopefully we'll see something soon. I'm really hoping for 120Hz support, too, and a mouse-cursor-hiding fix wouldn't hurt, either :p

Pyrrhus

So I've been searching through this big thread for mention of input lag and haven't found much. My problem is that the game has crippling input lag when played in full screen mode. Like nearly a second of input lag. It also seems to be running at perhaps 2/3 of the intended speed. At first I was wondering why everyone was praising the game's play control and smoothness. Shit felt like Heavenly Sword. Then I put it in windowed mode and it immediately felt right and I began to understand.

So here's what I need to know. How do I play the game in full screen while also making it run properly. I've got an nvidia GX670 and I went into the inspector and tried to force off Vsync and Triple Buffering but the game doesn't seem to be respecting those settings. Still runs like complete ass in full screen.

Any suggestions?

Anteater

Just finished very hard, overall it's a bit easier than hard with the upgraded muramasa blade, got a lot of terrible ranks tho, and armstrong really feels like an mmo boss with those aoe attacks.

I guess my first run against armstrong was glitched because I could actually cut those rocks he toss at me now :lol, on my first run the blade mode would cancel before I could aim for the boxes, I was wondering how people could do it that fast.

This game runs like crap for me. 24fps with the GPU at 20%, what the hell?

I've upgraded to the latest Nvidia drivers, I've tried playing it on the lowest graphical settings, I've tried playing it in windowed mode, and no matter what I still never get above 25fps.

My specs are:
Geforce 660ti
Intel Core i5 Haswell 4670k @ 4.10ghz
8gb RAM
Windows 7 64 bit.

What should I do?

No Love

Banned
This game runs like crap for me. 24fps with the GPU at 20%, what the hell?

I've upgraded to the latest Nvidia drivers, I've tried playing it on the lowest graphical settings, I've tried playing it in windowed mode, and no matter what I still never get above 25fps.

My specs are:
Geforce 660ti
Intel Core i5 Haswell 4670k @ 4.10ghz
8gb RAM
Windows 7 64 bit.

What should I do?

Your FPS is capped, son. What you need to do is run it in windowed mode with fullscreen mod, or make a custom resolution. There's more details in this thread.

Just completed the game under 7 hours. Short but sweet. I was surprised to see Sunny. It was one of my favorite characters in MGS4, it was a nice throwback to the fans.

Not to mention it's nice to see her doing something more than... fry some eggs. :p

It was fun and I would not mind a sequel at all. Platinum Games nailed this one almost to perfection, specially given the development troubles.

Agreed. I don't understand how it's possible that Platinum Games keep surprising me considering how much of a fanboy of them I am, but they did it again.

So I've been searching through this big thread for mention of input lag and haven't found much. My problem is that the game has crippling input lag when played in full screen mode. Like nearly a second of input lag. It also seems to be running at perhaps 2/3 of the intended speed. At first I was wondering why everyone was praising the game's play control and smoothness. Shit felt like Heavenly Sword. Then I put it in windowed mode and it immediately felt right and I began to understand.

So here's what I need to know. How do I play the game in full screen while also making it run properly. I've got an nvidia GX670 and I went into the inspector and tried to force off Vsync and Triple Buffering but the game doesn't seem to be respecting those settings. Still runs like complete ass in full screen.

Any suggestions?

Mmmm, I have V-Sync and triple buffer turned on and it runs perfectly in full screen for me, zero input lag and smooth FPS. My GPU is a venerable 9800 GTX+, too. Something weird going on your side.

Why can't I stop playing this damn game?

I rented it last year for the PS3, beat it on normal and sent it back. I bought the PC version, beat it on hard and very hard back to back. Then the Sam DLC on hard. Now I'm S ranking easy with the plan to S rank normal and hard afterwards.

The parry system feels a lot smoother on the PC version. Maybe it's the frame rate, maybe because I'm using a DS4. Whatever the reason, I'm finding it a lot more fun to play.

Finalow

so, uhm, I'm at the last fight of the game without full upgrades and no healing items left. can I grind battle points somewhere and go back to try that fight after I'm upgraded?

so, uhm, I'm at the last fight of the game without full upgrades and no healing items left. can I grind battle points somewhere and go back to try that fight after I'm upgraded?

When I played on a higher difficulty from chapter select the points stacked. Not sure if you replay on the same difficulty but I assume so. Also for that fight
if you can cut the rocks when he throws them at you you can get like 4 nanopaste, which makes things much more manageable. He'll do it several times too, so just polish up your blade mode skills and it'll help a lot.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

You can go back, farm other levels for BP, upgrade, and replay the final level through the Chapter Select at any time.

Alternatively, you can also farm Nanopastes during the final fight through
cutting the debris that gets throw at you
and then saving.

Finalow

When I played on a higher difficulty from chapter select the points stacked. Not sure if you replay on the same difficulty but I assume so. Also for that fight
if you can cut the rocks when he throws them at you you can get like 4 nanopaste, which makes things much more manageable. He'll do it several times too, so just polish up your blade mode skills and it'll help a lot.

You can go back, farm other levels for BP, upgrade, and replay the final level through the Chapter Select at any time.

Alternatively, you can also farm Nanopastes during the final fight through
cutting the debris that gets throw at you
and then saving.
ok, thanks. I just didn't notice that you can select chapters from the menu.
I tried to do that part of "cut the shit he throws at you" but I always ended up failing so I was just running away. guess I need to get better at blame mode uh.

what's the best chapter/fight for farming bps?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Finally gots ta starting this tonight! PS3 version but this MGR OT is the in one now so!

I was super tempted to go with Easy mode but decided on Normal to appease... someone, somewhere? Still trying ta cheese things where possible however. Like the first Sam "fight"! Even before I got control I was like nope, no ways, not a fight you're meant to win so I didn't bother to attack or anything an just let him have his way with me. An I guessed right! Take that, game!

What was with Raidens voice in the first mission? It sounded awful. New body ver. seems more closer to his nice MGS2 voice.

Also I died 4 times on that dumb running down the building thing. Laser? Instant kill. Pit ya couldn't see coming? Instant kill. wtf was with that segment, its like I was playing a Sonic game or something! See into the future, know the pattern, or keep dying until ya do! Nothing more like that please.

edit: got a B rank on Mission 1! A passing grade to be sure!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Xcharge Y will launch him. But Sam is meant to dodge and strike.

UnrealEck

I'm not a fan of Raiden's voice acting. The guy sounds way better as Illidan though from World of Warcraft and Warcraft 3.
Aaaand I just found out that's not the same guy. What the hell.

what's the best chapter/fight for farming bps?

I think Chapter 2's a pretty good one. The Humanoid Gekko you find there is good for 10,000BP alone if you cut both of the Tripods in half in Blade Mode. The easiest way to rack up BP is just to dismember every enemy you find. You get extra BP for every cleanly-removed limb: 50 each for the legs, right arm and head, 100 for the left arm, 100 for the Zandatsu and another hundred for 'destroying' the enemy (basically just chopping them up a whole bunch). It's hard to get every bonus every time, but you can usually get both legs in one horizontal slice, both arms in one slice, etc. I tend to get the best results when I'm cutting mid-thigh and mid-upper-arm, btw; I think you have to get the elbow or knee in there for it to count.

Also you get 10,000BP for setting the fastest time on a VR mission, so if you go and do a few of those you'll end up with enough for a few upgrades.

I just got the Amateur Radio Operator achievement, and it really wasn't that bad. I was playing Picross on my 3DS while listening to all the calls, though, so that made it much more enjoyable. The only thing that really got on my nerves was that you have to be calling everyone in every new area you enter, but most of the time they just repeat the last thing they said and it often takes 10-15 seconds even when you're skipping through it. I think the actual content is really interesting and well-written, but I wish they'd give you the option to just stop the call rather than fast-forwarding through it. I'm almost positive the old MGS games used to let you do that.

hodgy100

I'm ashamed It's taken me so long to do this but:

D83D57D171769B594968230AB1E97CFB25CF0567

Monsoon is a ridiculous boss. Close to giving up.

Get health down to 40ish then the stupid splitting crap starts.

Stupid splitting crap :O It was one of my "omg wtf just happened thats awesome" moments. Its fairly easy to manage jsut keep an eye out for his limbs and parry them as usual, use em grenades to stun him and blade mode his head.

Top Bottom