• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Grief.exe

MGR mousepad given to Kojima from Platinum to celebrate the PC release

BfCwCoQCcAAbWa0.jpg:large

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Monsoon taught me how to parry, can't believe I've played it up until that point more or less without using that mechanic at all X|

Even got a couple of S ranks along the way

I was aware that the dlcs were short but I didn't know they were THIS short. 50 minutes to beat the bladewolf dlc including a VR mission... And it's 99% recycled assets too. At least the characters are fun to play as but I'm glad I didn't pay for these on the PS3 version.

I was aware that the dlcs were short but I didn't know they were THIS short. 50 minutes to beat the bladewolf dlc including a VR mission... And it's 99% recycled assets too. At least the characters are fun to play as but I'm glad I didn't pay for these on the PS3 version.
S-rank Jetstream Sam's DLC on Revengenance and then say it wasn't long enough.

Ein Bear

The PC release has inspired me to fire up my PS3 version and go for the platinum.

The VR Missions are so fucking hard. Holy shit.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Magic man Maldo. Your attention to detail and faithfulness to original texture work is still unmatched, as far as I'm concerned. If/when you finish, consider it another playthrough.

Now all we need is ENB to complete the package.

u guys remember this?

ros4vlwb.gif

:(

JP confirmed my suspicious in another thread some time ago; much of the content shown in that very first trailer was a lot of really early conceptual stuff. If you go back and watch it almost all the content is different: location of Ray fight, enemy types, etc. Seems like that was all from the earliest build of the game where they were testing mechanics and getting everything working. At that point wall run was in, but later scrapped as served no purpose to the overall game design.

Good thing for a sequel, me thinks.

That wall-run looks like it would have been super-wonky, considering how much trouble Raiden already has sometimes trying to flip over small objects 3 times. Would have at least looked cool.

And I'm missing a fight in R-01. Any idea what it might be? It's not the two helicopters. I didn't take a screenshot of my end grade, but I think it's in the middle somewhere.

Grief.exe

That wall-run looks like it would have been super-wonky, considering how much trouble Raiden already has sometimes trying to flip over small objects 3 times. Would have at least looked cool.

And I'm missing a fight in R-01. Any idea what it might be? It's not the two helicopters. I didn't take a screenshot of my end grade, but I think it's in the middle somewhere.

Something for Platinum to implement for the sequel.

Uraizen

Banned

Probably after you cut the left arm off of a guard for the key. You go back to the area where you fought the first helicopter.

McNum

Well, started up a run on Revengeance.

What I learned from the tutorial this time around:
1. Enemies do double damage from Very Hard.
2. R-00 Raiden cannot followup on a Gekko charge parry.
3. WOW! Counter does silly damage!
4. So does Metal Gear Ray! No room for error at all!

Well, I made it through, and now Raiden is standing on the beach, Armor Breaker in hand, and a Murasama in the backpack. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens if I can perfect-parry Blade Wolf. I think that's my first opportunity to really see what the Revengeance parry buff does.

Finalow

finally finished the game on hard. fucking
Armstrong.
that throw move he does made me died like 20 times. I tried to run away but it only worked one time out of ten, also I tried to cut those blocks but for some fucking reason, if I managed to cut all three of them, in the last part where you cut his head the camera goes to fuckland (moves away from the target) and obviously I miss. the rest of his moves aren't really hard to avoid or parry, after 20-30 tries I guess I got good at that.
other bosses are just so easy compared to him.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Second mission done!

Grade: C

I thought I remembered being assured that the super boring slowwwww walking & talking scenes were present only in the demo not the full game but nopes still here in full force. And another Sonic game scene though at least the collapsing bridge wasn't as bad as the building. Still died once somehow ~_~

Oh and whats with these bosses? I died like 10+ times on the AI Dog legitimately trying to parry and generally not play like a spaz. So for Mistral I drop all pretense of "skill" and mash away and win without even dying once. Huh??!

Next level is a sewers... with a mouthy robo-dog partner. Wat.

random thought: hate the kojima production logo at startup. it looks so squished!

Jintor

Mistral is nowhere near as aggressive as any other boss, is easily hitstunned, has no gimmicks or any real defence, and had no unblockables.

Though I've never understood anybody having real trouble with wolfy

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Mistral is nowhere near as aggressive as any other boss, is easily hitstunned, has no gimmicks or any real defence, and had no unblockables.
That's good but bad for me! I'll try playing legitimately again! Still expecting many many more deaths ta follow.

Half my attempts when I'd parry the thing it'd stay near me, the other half it'd like bounce far away giving no time to attack. Your codec team says ya can't outrun it so let it come to you and I do that and well can't really parry the whole combo attack nor get away from it in time. Never had a clue how to avoid the chainsaw to the gut move in its third phase! Plus that walking leg thing, I'm terrible against them so any health regain I'd gotten against the normal soldiers got wiped out by it time and time again. I'm just bad an incapable of getting better!

Headbutted in the back by dwarf gekko is the #1 cause of restarts against Mistral.

And you can skip all of the calls by mashing/ holding Y. They were unnecessary but it's hardly an issue after a while.
Still can't skip Monsoon's dumb speech though.

Hypron

I would call the army of geckos surrounding her a gimmick. They're more annoying than anything any other boss throws at you imo.

I would call the army of geckos surrounding her a gimmick. They're more annoying than anything any other boss throws at you imo.

Luckily her own weapon makes the dwarf gekkos a total non-issue when you fight her in subsequent playthroughs. You can just twirl away with the pole-arm all day without worrying about them, and the items they drop will actually keep your health and fuel refilled pretty well if you need it.

It's amazing to see just how much all the bossfights change after your first playthrough, either through new weapons or upgrades you've unlocked or the badass Revengeancing skills you've built up. My first fight against Armstrong was a one-and-a-half hour grudge match, mostly me dying over and over but learning a little bit more every time until I finally triumphed over the sucker. I recently played through Hard mode again, though, and this time I just completely shut the guy down. Dodging through his attacks perfectly, never even nearly getting hit. When he came back down after the first stuff-throwing bit I went to town on him all the way to his healing phase, broke him out of it, kept him stunlocked until he tried to heal again, and then it was all over. Being able to just dominate a boss that gave you so much trouble once upon a time is one of vidjagaming's greatest pleasures.

Uraizen

Banned
Hrm, while playing against Sam using the boss selection it crashed again. The only times I have ever seen this game crash is right after you beat Sam in both chapter 6 or boss selection. Weird.

KarmaCow

Headbutted in the back by dwarf gekko is the #1 cause of restarts against Mistral.

And you can skip all of the calls by mashing/ holding Y. They were unnecessary but it's hardly an issue after a while.
Still can't skip Monsoon's dumb speech though.

Are you sure? Maybe not the first time but I'm 99% sure that you can skip it like any other cutscene.

JPKellams

Wall runs are super hard.

I had a really good time drinking with Respawn friends talking about how awesome their wall run is and how crazy a game breaking mechanic it is in game.

2San

I'm working in a texture pak for Metal Gear Rising
Good work, but do you honestly think the game needs it? For Crysis 2 it was much more appreciated since that experience was very visually driven and you could improve the performance and the visuals. It's your life though.
Wall runs are super hard.

I had a really good time drinking with Respawn friends talking about how awesome their wall run is and how crazy a game breaking mechanic it is in game.
Why would it be game breaking in Revengeance?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Good work, but do you honestly think the game needs it? For Crysis 2 it was much more appreciated since that experience was very visually driven and you could improve the performance and the visuals. It's your life though.

It is some of the textures like on Raiden, Ray, and The Winds of Destruction are pretty bad. Cuttable environmental stuff like cars and such aren't really pretty either along with some of the enemies like the unmanned chopper.
The game is good but I can't say the textures are great from my experience with it on the PS3 or PC, so a nice texture pack will do wonders! I'm mostly looking forward to someone fixing the low res textures on Raiden's more obvious mechanical parts.

Top Bottom