• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
II'm on the final boss.

I feel like I'm missing something here. 200% health and my attacks are barely working against Armstrong? What gives?

Help is appreciated!

That's by design, son.

antitrop

This game is a badass simulator.

If I were to travel back in time to 16 year old me from 2001 playing MGS2 and say that Raiden would be one of the coolest characters in gaming in 2014, I would slice myself open with a sword and absorb my essence.

Conezays

Are you in his 3rd phase? If so, use the Y,Y,Y,X,Y or Y,Y,X,Y combos as much as possible to deal him damage. You can deal him 20% damage by cutting the stuff he throws at you. You can also parry his flaming punch attacks. Parrying one of those deal between 10 and 30% damage which is always good to take.

Cool, thanks! Like some other parts of the game, sometimes easier said than done. Timing is super important in this game...very cool battle system.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Argh, clearly need to get better at parrying I guess. My attacks seem weaker than a video I saw, but I guess it's just me.

They may have been using an upgraded weapon.

Defensive Offense is very VERY useful against the final boss. If you haven't been using it and are having trouble, start using it.

Cerity

despite the camera being bad I can appreciate what it does sometimes. e.g in most boss fights when they start jumping around the place, the camera struggles to keep up, it slightly immerses me a little more even though raiden is a cyborg badass and should be able to keep up.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Well, I mean, you do literally run through a level backwards at one point, but since the enemies are all changed I actually didn't notice the first time through.

Wow just started that chapter when I saw your post. Went way faster i even got the timer acheivement :0

Permanently A

is there an idiots guide to parrying somewhere I can read/watch?

just search mgr parry on youtube, there are loads

the main thing is to hold in the direction of the attacker and press left click right before the enemy hits you. If you do it too early you'll just block without the riposte.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
just search mgr parry on youtube, there are loads

the main thing is to hold in the direction of the attacker and press left click right before the enemy hits you. If you do it too early you'll just block without the riposte.

You don't have to face the attacker. You just have to TAP the direction towards them with attack at the same time.

is there an idiots guide to parrying somewhere I can read/watch?

Here's my general advice:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=96659879&postcount=3266

There are a bunch of videos online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e72lD4DVEEk

can't have mgr thread without real talk about the OST
stranger i remain is the best

Hot Wind Blowing > It Has To Be This Way > Red Sun > The Stains of Time > I'm My Own Master Now > A Stranger I Remain > The Only Thing I Know For Real > Rules of Nature > Collective Consciousness

Permanently A

UFFFFF! MAN!!!!

What a FIGHT! Just beat that freaky dude Monsoon on Hard and holy shit I parried so much my arms hurt, my 360 pad is about to break and I'm still sweating. He wasn't that hard but holy shit he was fast. If by the mech dog you don't learn to parry that guy surely gives you the time of your life with the mechanic.

Freaking loving this game so far. The QTEs irk me a bit but Blade Mode is just so goooood. Cutting people into chop chop choppy little bits until nothing is left...

Guess we are all Mr. Jack the Ripper inside.

Ready to keep dying with a re-vengeance. If Vanquish and Bayonetta are half as good if not just as awesome as this, I want them right now on the comp... :(

Levyne

Banned
First DLC down. Struggled on the boss. Found the safest way was to charge the heavy attack during the various fire-cracks-in-the-floor attacks.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The Stains of Time is the only song I don't like, mostly because of the vocals.

Oh, so OST tier list time?
Hot Wind Blowing
It Has To Be This Way
Red Sun
I'm My Own Master Now
The Stains of Time
A Stranger I Remain
Rules of Nature
Collective Consciousness
The Only Thing I Know For Real

Really wish Hot Wind Blowing was on the game, insted of the DLC. That boss didn't deserve such an awesome song.

Permanently A

Honestly I usually chicken out and play easy or medium but this time I chose hard because everyone kept saying what a satisfying experience it is. So far its pretty fun, just about to fight Mistral.

I agree that the camera is pretty shit. Like mentioned, it's too close and the vertical height makes it even worse. I hate Camera springing that I cant turn off also. I'm glad that they gave us the game, but it really isn't any better over the ps3 version.

Jintor

So some minor things.

The codec option doesn't catalogue your gotten codecs, it just dumps all the codecs character by character and chapter into a big thing. Which is great if you want to listen to the codecs, but sucks because it doesn't help you check which codecs you've listened to for your cheevo. I don't know if listening in the codec listener counts towards the achievement.

Also, if anyone's figured out how to unlock the boss rush mode (if it's still in there somewhere), do tell.

Dryk

Can anyone enlighten me as to why I'm getting a stretched fullscreen image while my GPU scaling is set to over-ride games and maintain the output resolution?

I despise games that over-ride my scaling settings to make themselves look bad and MGR can fuck right off until I can fix it

Glix

Oh man, I LOVE it!!!!

It's probably inferior to Vanquish and Bayo, but you can say that about every game.

I actually get a lot of Vanquish vibes from it, but the combat is much different. I'm in the middle of mission 4.

The game is gorgeous and smooth. The combat is great. It's extremely hectic but I always feel like I'm in complete control and when I get hit it's my fault.

I love that even though the development was taken over by Platinum and the game is a gaiden, it very very much has that Metal Gear feel. Kojima all over this shit.

I'm still pretty shitty at the combat, I'm playing on normal, but I feel myself getting better and better. Normal is just a long tutorial in PG games anyway.

Grey Fox costume FTW.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
My 1st time playing it and i love it. Really hope we get more platinum stuff now that PG has tasted those sweet, sweet gaben bucks.

My tier list as follows:
It Has To Be This Way
Rules of Nature
Collective Consciousness
The Only Thing I Know For Real
Stains of Time
I'm My Own Master Now
Stranger I Remain
Red Sun

I haven't really listened to Hot Wind Blowing.

Guess Who

Banned
EE1B1C03D15D964AFE8AFE9E03E748925B5C2922

Hell yeah, motherfuckers. Didn't even get no damage.

d0c_zaius

regardless of the problems or workarounds I have to use, it's still amazing to play. I forgot how good it really was.

But I'm also reminded how crazy the plot is to follow. I've played through the game before but this time I'm paying attention to stuff a little more.

Who is Mistral in love with?

A slightly higher FOV for 90% of the time would do wonders to help the camera since everything looks decent enough to me on the odd occasions where it zooms out a tad. Also people should follow this http://steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630802344123190161/# a dev named Konami Man? stickied it and is replying saying they are working issues.

It sucks really, I have to play this game in 1080p window because I have a higher res monitor, kinda feels like I'm waiting on the patch to come before I can actually truly enjoy or advance in the game.

JPKellams

Hot Wind Blowing > It Has To Be This Way > Red Sun > The Stains of Time > I'm My Own Master Now > A Stranger I Remain > The Only Thing I Know For Real > Rules of Nature > Collective Consciousness

That actually might be my list too.

The Ferry Corsten synths in Hot Wind Blowing are nuts. That and John Bush vocals!

Grief.exe

A slightly higher FOV for 90% of the time would do wonders to help the camera since everything looks decent enough to me on the odd occasions where it zooms out a tad. Also people should follow this http://steamcommunity.com/app/235460/discussions/0/630802344123190161/# a dev named Konami Man? stickied it and is replying saying they are working issues.

It sucks really, I have to play this game in 1080p window because I have a higher res monitor, kinda feels like I'm waiting on the patch to come before I can actually truly enjoy or advance in the game.

Its probably Tora, he was talking about compiling a list earlier today.

That actually might be my list too.

The Ferry Corsten synths in Hot Wind Blowing are nuts. That and John Bush vocals!

Hey Kellams!

Top Bottom