• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Serra

I really like listening to all the codec stuff, some of the conversations are hilarious. Listening to them discuss whether Mistrals titties are real or not was a real highlight.

Also, who do I have to bother on Twitter to get some cards for this game? I'd love me some MGR backgrounds.

Hell yea, MGR badges!

The La Li Lu Le Lo?!??!??!

Haha. I love you gaffers so much.
How is the PC performance of the game? General conscientious? I own it on PS3 and have beaten it like a million times over, but I am considering buying this on PC. I just cannot get enough of this game.

Permanently A

God damn. Anyone else playing on hard? Wasn't really struggling much but final boss, just laughable how short I last. I've made it to QTE maybe once? Would love some tips Hard/VeryHard/Revengeance veterans. Already saw the tip for debris but I haven't even made it that far yet...

Damn, I'm scared. Playing on hard and haven't died once yet. Just beat Sam, hope Armstrong isn't too much for me.

Permanently A

Haha. I love you gaffers so much.
How is the PC performance of the game? General conscientious? I own it on PS3 and have beaten it like a million times over, but I am considering buying this on PC. I just cannot get enough of this game.

Pretty good, solid 60fps. It hasn't framedropped for me in combat yet though it did lag for me when I had over 500~ parts in blade mode.

Damn, I'm scared. Playing on hard and haven't died once yet. Just beat Sam, hope Armstrong isn't too much for me.

Yup, Sam wasn't much trouble with the Sai but Armstrong is a whole other story. I cannot even believe there are two difficulties where he is harder than this. Getting my ass straight up stomped for about 2 hours now, with each run lasting fiveish minutes.

Nyoro SF

Damn I have the framerate problem when I go fullscreen. Windowed is perfectly fine.

It's funny because I have dual monitors, so when I go fullscreen, it lowers to sub 30FPS, and everything on my other monitor also drops to the same framerate.

I have no idea what's going on with that....

EDIT: I just tried to turn on fullscreen again and it killed the game!

I've played every Metal Gear Solid game except for Peace Walker. Is there absolutely anything in this game from that game, whether it be a reference or character? I can play Peace Walker first, but I kind of want to jump into Rising.

Just finished the Monsoon fight and OH MY FUCKING GOD :O

that fight was a damn workout and i shudder at the thought of playing that on Very Hard or Revengeance.

legacyzero

Banned
Just beat Monsoon, and everything about that fight was awesome. The preceding cutscene (including cat cameo), the propulsive music, Monsoon's offensive moves putting great emphasis on parrying, his rather unique way of dodging attacks, the fact that it's a purely 1v1 fight, and the way you finish the bastard off.

Satisfying. He must be quite the son of a bitch on Revengeance difficulty.
Just finished this part as well. I had a HUUUUGE grin on my face the whole time. That whole damn fight was so creative!

beat hands lady. not sure im happy or disappointed that there are checkpoints mid boss fight lol.

And im fucking terrible with blade mode no matter the controls trying to cut arms.

btw: whats the general strategy of taking out helicopters? I can't seem to beat them with much elegance.

you can parry rockets but can you deflect them back? I assume you can parry their charge attack but they always seem to do it when im already running some other direction and they aren't even close to be near me.

Permanently A

I've played every Metal Gear Solid game except for Peace Walker. Is there absolutely anything in this game from that game, whether it be a reference or character? I can play Peace Walker first, but I kind of want to jump into Rising.

I played PW like 3 or 4 years ago but I doubt it. Two completely different time periods and characters.

Hypron

beat hands lady. not sure im happy or disappointed that there are checkpoints mid boss fight lol.

And im fucking terrible with blade mode no matter the controls trying to cut arms.

btw: whats the general strategy of taking out helicopters? I can't seem to beat them with much elegance.

you can parry rockets but can you deflect them back? I assume you can parry their charge attack but they always seem to do it when im already running some other direction and they aren't even close to be near me.

It requires a weapon you don't have yet.

I can't think of a single thing. Revengeance has a couple of offhand references to MGS4 and 2, but nothing about the Big Boss games.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Also, who do I have to bother on Twitter to get some cards for this game? I'd love me some MGR backgrounds.

I've tweeted the Konami twitter account and Platinum's JP Kellams about it. Not sure who's in charge of such a decision.

Card. Badges. Backgrounds. Emoticons. Revengified. I need them.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Falling Sky is the move that you want for all aerial opponents. It's a homing flying kick. Until you have it, you have to resort to chasing them around, hoping they dip low enough, or using Rockets.

Fantasmo

Thank god for Fullscreenizer.

Amazing game once it clicks..

Except for one thing... RAPIDLY WIGGLING ANALOG STICKS IN A GAME WHERE YOU ARE USING ALL THE BUTTONS TO STAY ALIVE CAN DIE IN A FIRE.

Fucking hell. I'm trying to stay on point in a fight and they want me to move my hands in a different position so I can wiggle fast then move them back be ready to fight again? Fuck off.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yup, Sam wasn't much trouble with the Sai but Armstrong is a whole other story. I cannot even believe there are two difficulties where he is harder than this. Getting my ass straight up stomped for about 2 hours now, with each run lasting fiveish minutes.

Wait until you play the Sam DLC.

robotrock

Banned
My game seems to be capped at 50fps. How do I fix this?

Wait, hold on a second. This game is weird. At the 1920x1080 option, the game runs at a locked 50fps and is flickering like mad. On the 1680x1050 option though, the game runs at 60fps and is definitely running at 1920x1080.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Did Rising win any soundtrack awards this year?

I see some places didn't even nominate it....
It seems most places barely even remembered the game came out last year, let alone its commendable attributes in certain categories.

A real bummer, since I think it deserves more recognition. It was my #2 GOTY.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Consortium isn't runnin too good on my rig so doing a Hard playthrough now. It doesn't seem that much harder than Normal, I probably should've started with Hard in the first place. This is my favorite non-boss level in the game:
11898006794_d6ba9d53ea_h.jpg

Uh, Sundowner I'm right behind you bro.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This game... man.

Man.

When it finally clicks and you start stunting on fools, god damn platinum. Masters of their craft. Masters.

Grief.exe

I've been gone all day, anything interesting happen in the world of MGR?

We have already brought it to Tora's attention, hopefully he has passed the information on to the appropriate people.
Trading cards would be awesome for this game.

Carbonox

Wait, the UK PSN store doesn't have the DLC to buy/download anymore? WTF....

This thread reminds me that I never touched those and now I can't? pls konami

Nyoro SF

OK all my problems mysteriously fixed themselves. No patch, just restarted the game and bam! smooth and perfect framerate at fullscreen 1920x1080.

oh jesus I only have one nanopaste left to fight armstrong. I'm fucked aren't I?

My first time through I used up all my nanopaste on the fight before him, so I just had to sack up and get down to business. He'll do an attack about halfway through that'll give you more nanopaste drops, but getting to that point without any was a serious challenge. You can do it, though. I believe in you!

JLeack

Banned
For any of you unaware, you can use the PS4 controller on PC to play this game. I've beaten the whole game with it and am moderately satisfied.

Top Bottom