• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Neiteio

Replaying this game via the PC version now. Just did the prologue and first chapter. I got goosebumps on every boss or miniboss battle -- Ray, Sam, Gekko, Bladewolf, Mistral... When the music kicks in, the fight is on!

antitrop

But who’s to judge
The right from wrong
When our guard is down
I think we’ll both agree

That viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiioooolence breeds viiiiiiiioooooooolence
But in the end it has to be this waaaaaaaaaay

Neiteio

I know this is a Konami-published title, but I hope MGRR sells so well on PC that Sega sits up and takes notice, and then proceeds to PC port Bayonetta, Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns.

I really, really, REALLY would like a PC version of Anarchy Reigns. Add a training room to the multiplayer lobbies, double the framerate, and implement flawless netcode. :-O

Cerity

So I just finished the game and after the credits the game just freezes, complete black screen. I try again, beat armstrong again after a few more tries, sit through the credits and the game freezes, again. I bring my FPS counter up and it's just sitting there at 60fps. Godammit.

Otherwise, the games short development time really shows through IMO, the game seems generally underbaked. The only things that really seem solid are the basic combat mechanics and the bosses, everything else was kind of tacked on. Senator Armstrong was the first time the game got properly hard (on hard) for me, but a lot of the time it seemed like chance with the move where he splits the arena into however many parts. If you choose the wrong free area, you are definitely going to have a bad time. No nanopastes until you get to him to at least 150% doesn't help either.

I might revisit the game to do the sam dlc's but I didn't enjoy the game enough to go for a VH/revengeance playthrough, maybe if there is a camera fix/mod done up.

zhorkat

I know this is a Konami-published title, but I hope MGRR sells so well on PC that Sega sits up and takes notice, and then proceeds to PC port Bayonetta, Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns.

I really, really, REALLY would like a PC version of Anarchy Reigns. Add a training room to the multiplayer lobbies, double the framerate, and implement flawless netcode. :-O

People in the ask Sega for PC ports thread are planning to make a petition. I don't think Anarchy Reigns is going to be one of the games asked for in the petition, though.

antitrop

Beat the game for the first time, on Hard. One of my favorite bosses ever right there, that final fight was absolutely incredible.

This was one of the best games I've ever played. Rarely have I ever enjoyed myself so thoroughly.

Neiteio

Beat the game. One of my favorite bosses ever right there, that final fight was absolutely incredible.

This was one of the best games I've ever played. Rarely have I ever enjoyed myself so thoroughly.
Was this your first time through the game, Antitrop? I don't know why, but I thought I recall talking to you about this game back when it came out on PS3.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Deep inside...we're kindred spirits...you...and I...

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Beat the game for the first time, on Hard. One of my favorite bosses ever right there, that final fight was absolutely incredible.

Just started a Very Hard playthrough tonight myself. If you decide to do the same good luck.

That higher difficulty MG Ray fight man...

Z0kqP.png

I literally died on the very first mob. Like three times in a row. The situation was very reminiscent of playing Master Ninja for the first time.

Man, Very Hard is like a different game. Always thought it was silly how slow enemies were to attack in groups on hard so this is a nice change of pace.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Does the ability to rematch bosses unlock once you've beat the game? I'm already itching to fight Mistral again, lol.

I think you have to beat the DLC bosses too since I didn't see it in the chapter select until after I went through Sam and Blade Wolf's story.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Just beat it. That was a lot of fun and probably the most exercise I've gotten in months. Clocked in at 9 hours. George is a shit. Violence breeds violence.

fionel

I tried forcing vsync and using a custom resolution as suggested in some of the posts here, but it seems like my game is capped at 40fps. My specs are

i5 750 @2.6Ghz
Radeon 7850
8GB Ram

I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to be able to get 60fps right?

Carm

Finished on normal 7h59m,42secs, overall grade of C, a lower C though. Could have shaved at least an hour off that but was farming BP on 02. Didn't S rank any bosses, last boss was overly long, and the green phase was annoying, zero indication what you were suppose to do. Even got close up front in blade mode, never saw anything. Figured that out eventually though. Missed one left arm, last one of the freight elevator on 04, camera sucked so even with AR up didn't see it.

Zaru

I broke internal parts of my DS3 while playing this game on the PS3, can't wait to damage my 360 controller on the PC version sometime this year.

-Digits-

So, first time players, how would you rank this game among other 2013 releases you had played?

I'm kicking myself for not buying it day 1 on ps3. I'm kicking myself more for not playing it immediately when it came to Plus. I'm so glad I played it day 1 on pc (won it from a fellow GAFfer).
I rank it very highly. It's definitely one of my favorite games. Even though I missed a lot of high profile 2013 games like Bioshock Infinite, TLOU (played but didn't finish because my phat doesn't like it) and Tomb Raider 2013 I think it'd still be in my top 3.

Jintor

Some of these checkpoints are stupid. To get to the reinforcements that spawn behind you in the sewers you need to kill the 3 mastiffs EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME you restart.

dk_

Really enjoying this game. Haven't played it on consoles and the combat is really tight. Sure, it's not a looker, but the gamplay is top notch.

Nibel

Some of these checkpoints are stupid. To get to the reinforcements that spawn behind you in the sewers you need to kill the 3 mastiffs EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME you restart.

Well, it's a optional bonus fight

Besides, it's pretty easy to stealth kill those three mastiffs; just learn their pattern and backstab them

Didn't S rank any bosses, last boss was overly long, and the green phase was annoying, zero indication what you were suppose to do. Even got close up front in blade mode, never saw anything.
There is a big indication. The blade mode icon shows up and points to his back, like it does with normal enemies you can dismember.

Lyonaz

Goddamn Jetstream Sam DLC is great, he controls so good. Also compared to Raiden I manually aim and slash everytime in Blade Mode for that quick kill instead of hacking the enemies in million pieces. His animations are godlike, the wallbounce into charge slash is soooooo BADASSSSS!!

Also fuck that VR Mission 4 with the endless enemies it seems, everytime I defeated a wave I thought that was it and did a taunt to celebrate and then enraged enemies would spawn. >.< I think I fought those 3 Mastiffs a million times. Perfect parries and dodge are your friend, just need to practice the timing for those perfect parries.

Top Bottom