• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

No Love

Banned
Such an incredible game. Beat Mistral (way too easy on Hard) and I'm loving it. I purposely waited this whole last year for the PC version as I wanted to experience it in its full glory. It was more than worth the wait!!!

Momentary

Banned
Can I still unlock Items through stage select... Like going back and picking of left hands that I missed on the first play-through? Will getting those on stage select count towards the total?

Has anyone figured out a way to use SweetFX with the game?

Either the game crashes on launch or the settings don't get applied with everything I've tried.

RK9039

antitrop

Okay, I beat the Prologue on VH and I didn't accidentally delete all my progress. =D

THAT PROLOGUE IS FUCKING AWESOME, RULES OF NATUUUUUURRRRRRRRREEEEE

Grief.exe

Despite getting pissed off a couple of hours ago I just couldn't leave this..just managed to finish the main game, still have DLC to go. A bit embarrased by my 46 continues on Hard, but C overall isn't bad I guess. Very Hard seemed to be a completely different animal..First fight they added a Gekko, 2nd fight 2 stock Blade Wolves.

Best moments of the game were the boss fights, particularly Sam and Monsoon..hated Sundowner mostly because I was uncomfortable with the aimed cutting..only got the hang of it at the very end.

Very Hard is going to be insane.

MOONSOON

iYqY3HzPSrsvp.gif

One of the most epic boss fights of all time

Monsson!

Favorite boss fight so far. Of course I haven't fought Sam or Armstrong yet, and those seem to be some of the best.

Final boss shits all over him, I was singing It Has To Be This Way in my sleep last night, lol.

EDIT: Oh, fuck, I think I accidentally started a new game on Very Hard and lost all my progress from Hard. Is it normal for Raiden to start back at 100% health and have nothing? Do you get everything back after the Prologue, or did I really fuck it up? When I load the save file it still looks like I have the upgraded health and upgraded energy meters, and the save file says 8 hours.

Is selecting 'new game' to start on Very Hard a bad idea?

Edit: seems that would work just fine.

So I've beat the game and seen people talking about some dogde mechanics how do you exacly do them? :p

This really needs to be unlocked from the start and explained in the tutorial.
So many people have no idea of its existence.

Levyne

Banned
I'm pretty sure new game resets your customizations but it's the same "file". So chapter select if you don't want to lose those.

Frologic

Just beat Sams DLC and was pretty dissapointed. Same environments, same enemies, same boss encounters and Sam is still a pretty shallow character even after learning his motive. Don't understand all the Sam love.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Is selecting 'new game' to start on Very Hard a bad idea?

If you start from New Game instead of Chapter Select you delete all your rankings and upgrades from your previous play-through.

Just beat Sams DLC and was pretty dissapointed. Same environments, same enemies, same boss encounters and Sam is still a pretty shallow character even after learning his motive. Don't understand all the Sam love.

The enemies have new moves and AI with Sam himself being a really unique character to play as instead of just being a clone of Raiden.

Sundowner's shield seems to have limited tracking when you try to go around behind him. It doesn't seem like circumventing eliminating the shield was intentional, it works way too well. Doing the fight the 'right' way to reach his second form doesn't take particularly long and the precise cuts are pretty much an assessment of your slicing skills before you hit the final battle. He's still pretty lame either way though.

Regiruler

Blade wolf DLC has a new boss at the end and a new song to go with it.

So I got working bits for AO and SLI:

Ambient Occlusion: 0x00000022
SLI: 0x42D04005

The AO shows through smoke and the SLI flickers during the pause menu but otherwise they work great.

Wow, Very Hard is like a completely different game. It's learning everything all over again. I like it.

Getting every room down to a science is where the gameplay really clicked for me.
Feel free to treat yourself to a fully upgraded Muramasa. Or a Fox Blade if you want to break the game.

joe2187

Banned
Wow, Very Hard is like a completely different game. It's learning everything all over again. I like it.

Revenageance difficulty will make you learn the game all over again, again.

In some ways it's easier since the damage boost you get from a perfect parry is OP as fuck. But the enemies are 5x's more aggressive and you'll see alot more of the Hammer bros, Armored goons, occasional GRADS all over the place and Mastiffs a plenty.

zainetor

Banned
Revenageance difficulty will make you learn the game all over again, again.

In some ways it's easier since the damage boost you get from a perfect parry is OP as fuck. But the enemies are 5x's more aggressive and you'll see alot more of the Hammer bros, Armored goons, occasional GRADS all over the place and Mastiffs a plenty.

lol, That fight in 3rd mission, where there are 3 mastiffs and 2 fenrirs.
At least they were kind enough to put in a normal dude for the no kill bonus, so it's easier to get the S-rank.

McNum

Beginning to slightly question my idea of playing through the game on Hard since i already beat the PS3 version. Just fought Monsoon. Either I'm rusty or he packs one hell of a punch per mistake on Hard. I won, but I used a ton of nanopastes. Going into chapter 4 with just one. Getting all Cs for chapters, too.

At least Sundowner is a bit of a breather boss. What comes after him... will be fun on Hard. I really don't want to get to the final boss with less than 3 nanopastes left.

Still, having a lot of fun since the game fights back despite me being decent at it now.

legacyzero

Banned
Boss Fight of All-Time

I'm going to replay Bayonetta again for the 4th time, soon, but I think that fight topped Jubelius for me. I need Bayonetta on my PC.

Have never played a game from Platinum until this weekend. Kinda hoping #SegaPCPorts does good work. Bayonetta looks amazing, though.

However, Monsoon still takes the cake for me. So damn creative!

antitrop

Have never played a game from Platinum until this weekend. Kinda hoping #SegaPCPorts does good work. Bayonetta looks amazing, though.

Do everything in your power humanly possible to play Bayonetta and Vanquish. Platinum are the absolute masters of the craft. It saddens me that I'll probably never play The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2, but it is what it is.

Grief.exe

lol, That fight in escape from denver, where there are 3 mastiffs and 2 fenrirs.
At least they were kind enough to put in a normal dude for the no kill bonus, so it's easier to get the S-rank.

How do you get no kill bonuses?

Do everything in your power humanly possible to play Bayonetta and Vanquish. Platinum are the absolute masters of the craft. It saddens me that I'll probably never play The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2, but it is what it is.

Be satisfied in the knowledge that Nintendo is keeping Platinum afloat until their next PC game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Hey, never say never. Down the line, the Wii U will become cheaper and cheaper and it'll be easier to make that buy... unless you just hate Nintendo or something.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Dodge mechanics you say? Seems I need to play around in the menus, but my old Samsung Synchmaster died on me yesterday :( RIP in peace.

I was waiting for g-synch to be available/affordable but now I need a new monitor sooner than expected, major bummer ;_;

Anteater

Just beat it (hard), last boss was alright

There's something I don't like with the core mechanics and I can't put my fingers on it, it doesn't feel too "dynamic", it often don't feel like enemies are fighting back, you parry/evade them, stun them and what not and just mash a combo/blade mode, rinse and repeat.

It doesn't feel like I've really learned most of the moves after I've beaten it though, so I'll spend more time with the game :D I haven't tried the other weapons. Game is really cool though, can't wait to try the DLCs.

Just beat Sundowner this morning. For some damn reason, I kept dying on him. I kept dodging most of his thrusts, but when he closed his shield, I could barely for the life of me cut it in the precise angles(and kept getting blasted). It took me at least 10 tries. :/ Hell, Monsoon and Mistral were easier, lol.

But I am loving this game!

joe2187

Banned

You should find someway to play bayonetta.

If you think Rising is good (which was a game done in a year by PG) playing Bayonetta will make you feel like a kid all over again when you first started playing video games.

Top Bottom