• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggelos

DrBo42 said:
Jesus Christ. :lol June 13th is going to be a sad day for you.

Why??
Is it because he's going to realise that he must wait another century just to get a game like this one???:lol

Laurent

DrBo42 said:
:lol You guys have completely lost it. Damn the Patriots!
I can't wait to hear your impressions once you'll get your hands on the game... I agree that we should keep our hopes low, but fuuuuuck... it's hard! :lol

Laurent said:
I can't wait to hear your impressions once you'll get your hands on the game... I agree that we should keep our hopes low, but fuuuuuck... it's hard! :lol

Keeping expectations low on a Metal Gear Solid game is like the bloody stratosphere for most other games.

dankir

DAbookerman can you tell me the audio formats MGS4 plays in? I know 7.1 Dolby Digital, but LPCM? Lemme know please.

DrBo42

Laurent said:
I will definitely post impressions.

DieH@rd

Banned
De-mon said:
2cwjyc0.jpg

very nice. Anyone has that ocelot pic, without MGS4 logo over him?

Ploid 3.0

Laurent said:
This thread is the only refuge for Metal Gear fans that don't want to be spoiled...

until the last hour when a carefully planned strike force come in and post pictures and rick rolled websites that don't allow you to close the browser full of MGS4 spoiler video, sound, and text. Deadly time to depend on this thread for any refuge.

DrBo42 said:
You're the one looking to start a problem. Oh noes the game you're excited about may not be that great! Good lord whyyyyyyyyy???!?!? Quiet down little boy.

Dude, you are coming in here and asking people to lower their expectations and shit, let people get excited, what is your damn problem. By the way, I don't expect much from your impressions, you have been on a crusade with the last few post of yours against MGS4.

Is it an 8? :lol

Funny thing is, you say I'm the one looking to start a problem.

Oh noessss!!! The game everyone is hyped and excited for, I must be the exception here, I must tell people to lower their expectations, oh noesss, the game actually might be that good. That can't be, no it can't. God damn, why???? Gtfo.

dralla

I just picked up my paycheck from work, also told my boss I'm going to "Atlantic City" next week..now I just need to hit 711 and pick up the required supplies and I'm all set

ezekial45

Banned
Just to make sure; you won't be able to use the codec anymore, right? Like the codec only comes up during specific scenes during the game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
dralla said:
I just picked up my paycheck from work, also told my boss I'm going to "Atlantic City" next week..now I just need to hit 711 and pick up the required supplies and I'm all set
2qwevzc.gif

The Lord uses your avatar in mysteeeeeeeeeeeerious ways.......let us pray!!!!!!?!!!!!!

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
mileS said:
I really can't blame shagg_187 for wanting that.

As soon as the GameFaqs spoilers hit some assholes felt the need to post them here then somebody even smarter had to quote it with broken spoiler tags. I only caught a glimpse of one line but if it ends up being true it was a mega bad spoiler to see before the game.

forget the user names but i'm sure it was delt with right away... fuck the people that had to post end game spoilers.. if you've been reading this thread you should know nobody wants to see that shit. And the people that had to break the spoiler tags I hope you're perma-banned.
Hold on, someone posted the spoilers? Is it safe to go back a read the last few pages or has the post not been deleted yet?

Dave1988

Some guy at GFAQs has the strategy guide already (posted pics as proof), so anyone still afraid of spoilers should bail out RIGHT NOW.

Some of the stuff he posted is just mind blowing and some is "Why the hell didn't I realize this sooner?"

ezekial45 said:
Just to make sure; you won't be able to use the codec anymore, right? Like the codec only comes up during specific scenes during the game.

The beautiful codec is still in, and just like MGS past, you can use it and abuse it to your hearts content for all the little details and nuances of dialogs and info.

I haven't gotten anything ruined for myself thankfully, and I'm not going to state where I saw spoiler threads, but I will say this, in bold and all caps, just to reiterate a very true, and a very important, important message:

NEOGAF IS CURRENTLY THE ONLY SAFE GAMING BOARD ON THE INTERNET LEFT AT THIS POINT

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Lakitu said:
I will have to find a way to play MGS 4 around Euro 2008... damn.
yeah I've got the same problem, and on top of that I have bloody exams. My hardest one is a few days after MGS4's release :(

Dante

Prime crotch said:
Word of warning, someone put out a huge spoiler on Gamefaqs and it seems plausible, so yeah abandon ship to everyone's waiting to play.

anybody avoiding spoilers is not going to go to Gamfaqs. Spoilers in here will be punished with a swift ban, This thread should be a safe haven.....hopefully.

Duke Togo

Oh hell no! I'm out of here, I can't wait to discuss this game with you guys next week. I refuse to let the game of the forever be spoiled for me.

Dave1988 said:
Some guy at GFAQs has the strategy guide already (posted pics as proof), so anyone still afraid of spoilers should bail out RIGHT NOW.

Some of the stuff he posted is just mind blowing and some is "Why the hell didn't I realize this sooner?"
Yeah the main part of the guide are scanned and up already at photobucket. I'm betting people are making spoilerific gifs already.

Greg

Yeah, even if things are dealt with fairly quick, chances are shit is going to pop up on here sooner or later when I'm browsing.

Done in this topic until sometime after release - later.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Greg said:
Yeah, even if things are dealt with fairly quick, chances are shit is going to pop up on here sooner or later when I'm browsing.

Done in this topic until sometime after release - later.
That is why I only browse it every other day and hope I don't check it when some one actually posts something with spoilers.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
ya know I been thinking.....

Did anyone notice that MGS4 comes out on a Thursday(when new release comes out on Tuesday/Wednesday?), and firmware updates come out o na Thursday......

Just a coincidence......

diunxx

I'm moving to the ot and not coming back until the end of July or august I know some asshole is gonna put a spoiler in a thread title sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom