• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection |OT| The Naked, the Solid and the Lightning

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Ridley327 said:
I think you might be confusing that with Heroism; Camaraderie is awarded during co-op play for doing co-op-y things, like reviving players, giving items and maintaining co-op formations. Heroism impacts the ranking of soldiers you recruit, as well as which of the battle cries you unlock.

oh you're right

so is that easier or harder to obtain? (couldn't do much co-op in the PSP version)

because heroism was a fucking bitch

n the PS3, you can play all of them on the list but just have to buy MGS4 and MGS seperately.

Portable Ops is on PSN too for PSP but no one really needs to play that game

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
SamuraiX- said:
What are you talking about exactly?

Are you saying PW will be the easiest? Not really sure what you're saying here...

MGS3's most challenging trophies are arguably those requiring the collecting food/animals and Kerotans.

There's no way you can argue that's more involved than retrieving every dog tag from every sentry across five difficulty levels in MGS2.

I'm saying that between MGS2 and MGS3, MGS2 will most certainly be the harder one to platinum. Dog Tags require more time than camo, face paint, and animals. VR and Alternative Missions require more skill than any of the MGS3 trophies.

ChuckNoLuck said:
Did the Newegg deal expire? :\

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879248097

SamuraiX-

Sub_Level said:
I'm saying that between MGS2 and MGS3, MGS2 will most certainly be the harder one to platinum. Dog Tags require more time than camo, face paint, and animals. VR and Alternative Missions require more skill than any of the MGS3 trophies.

Ah, then I take it this was just a typo?

Sub_Level said:
Also, LOL @ people saying MGS3 will be the easier one to platinum.

Ridley327

Retro_ said:
oh you're right

so is that easier or harder to obtain? (couldn't do much co-op in the PSP version)

because heroism was a fucking bitch

Let's just say that it's going to be time consuming all around. :)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Ridley327 said:
Let's just say that it's going to be time consuming all around. :)

lol

looking forward to farming rooms online

zlatko

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
Play Versus Ops then

They did put Verus Ops in the HD collection? Not just cooperative ops?

I can't fucking wait! Hopefully it gets more play this time. MGO revival here we gooooooooo!

wwm0nkey

zlatko said:

I can't fucking wait! Hopefully it gets more play this time. MGO revival here we gooooooooo!
They did say the AD-Hoc modes are now supported via XBL and PSN and they never said Versus Ops was cut so I think its very safe to assume Versus Ops is in.

EDIT: Also the details on the official site list the online mode as 1-6 players.

zlatko

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
They did say the AD-Hoc modes are now supported via XBL and PSN and they never said Versus Ops was cut so I think its very safe to assume Versus Ops is in.

The issue with it in Peace Walker for PSP was that it was tucked away in some weird menu area, and so no one really played it and most people didn't even know it existed. I'm hoping that won't be the case here. Or at least hopefully we can try to assemble some GAFfers for some fun 6 on 6. :)

Ridley327

Pre said:
So I'll totally be able to co-op the missions in Peace Walker on PSN, right?
Yep; if the setup works like it did on the PSP, what you'll do is go to a mission in either MAIN OPS or EXTRA OPS and toggle it into co-op. I would imagine that they'll give you the option to do simple matchmaking or inviting friends.

-Winnie-

zlatko said:

Versus Ops online will make Peace Walker a much better package. I never had any use for all the crazy weapons you unlock, but it should be fun to try them out online. :)

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
MGO2 has a matchmaking thread in the community section so I don't see why not

zlatko

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
I wonder, do you guys think Versus Ops deserves its own |OT| if we get a few people up for it?

I'd be up for it, but we need a head count here to see how many people are initially interested. It would give it more exposure, but let's wait and see how it is when it releases. Maybe it'll be laggy, or low map count, etc and people won't care.

Ridley327

RedSwirl said:
I'm still deciding whether to start Peace Walker over or transfarr.
I kinda feel like dropping in my save file to help out other people with the tougher missions.

That, and to show off how utterly broken the chain gun+bandana combo is to unsuspecting teammates. :-D

Reveirg

So I was planning on getting this, having never played MGS before. I picked up the first one on PSN following some Gaffers' suggestions.

I do like the presentation, beginning of the story, music, etc. but the gameplay is seriously getting on my nerves. You can't see anything most of the time, I keep dying and the whole game seems more like trial-and-error to me.

Is MGS2/3's gameplay significantly better? (or different, I'm sometimes weird about which games I like and most people will probably disagree with me on MGS)

Ridley327

MGS2 is very much MGS1 on steroids, so you wouldn't be running into many problems getting into it. MGS3 was where they decided to change just about everything, but the general controls to it are the same as they have been.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
RedSwirl said:
I'm still deciding whether to start Peace Walker over or transfarr.

I'm starting over

but I'll probably transfer my new save to my bros PSP and trade over my super soldiers to my new game

Ridley327

I don't think it's been mentioned by KojiPro at all, so I would say it's safe to assume that there will be no skateboarding.

And not a single fuck was given and all that jazz.

It stinks that there's no marketing to speak of for this game collection. It's probably my most anticipated title of the fall. Even the youtube trailer is lame. I've seen better fan made stuff. Would also like to see more of the art book I paid an extra $40 for...

Shinjiru

The Wise Old Man said:
Would also like to see more of the art book I paid an extra $40 for...
Me too. I have the limited edition preordered, but I am on the fence on whether to keep it or go with the standard version instead.

Reveirg said:
So I was planning on getting this, having never played MGS before. I picked up the first one on PSN following some Gaffers' suggestions.

I do like the presentation, beginning of the story, music, etc. but the gameplay is seriously getting on my nerves. You can't see anything most of the time, I keep dying and the whole game seems more like trial-and-error to me.

Is MGS2/3's gameplay significantly better? (or different, I'm sometimes weird about which games I like and most people will probably disagree with me on MGS)
How far have you gotten? I wouldn't really describe it as trial and error but you do have to be patient and watch enemy patrols before seeing the path to advance. Use the first person view and the corner look when up against a wall for extra visibility.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Bearded Dudebro said:
At least 1 fuck was given, I love me some Skateboarding on Big Shell. Guess I'll stick to my PS2 copy for my fix though
It would be fun to see the skateboarding return, but that mode actually used an entirely different graphics engine based on a skateboarding game released by Konami around the same time.

Reveirg

electroshockwave said:
How far have you gotten? I wouldn't really describe it as trial and error but you do have to be patient and watch enemy patrols before seeing the path to advance. Use the first person view and the corner look when up against a wall for extra visibility.

I got up to Psycho Mantis and died a bunch of times (yes, I do know the trick, and it's somewhat annoying on the PS3 >_>). I'm probably going to give it a try one more time later today and see if I can get hooked.

I really wish I could get MGS1 on the 360 in one form or another. Maybe I'll try and ebay a copy of Twin Snakes instead for the Wii.

Emily Chu

Banned
Brainiac 8 said:
I really wish I could get MGS1 on the 360 in one form or another. Maybe I'll try and ebay a copy of Twin Snakes instead for the Wii.

sooner or later it's like 1200MB for Arcade ?

heck crysis is on arcade : /

Emily Chu said:
sooner or later it's like 1200MB for Arcade ?

heck crysis is on arcade : /
Crysis isn't. It's a games on demand game, not XBLA. That being said, yes they could definitely go that route if they cared to remake MGS1. I'm not sure we'd see a remake this late in the gen though.

Reveirg said:
I got up to Psycho Mantis and died a bunch of times (yes, I do know the trick, and it's somewhat annoying on the PS3 >_>). I'm probably going to give it a try one more time later today and see if I can get hooked.
LOL, how the hell does that work with wireless controllers? Do you have to connect a second controller like a guitar to the first?

Top Bottom