• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Vita |OT| Snake in your pants!

iLeYkpZV6whYu.png

i3C26lOdhx3t2.png

ibesIySKhUNgpY.png

itEIZptnBmKvX.png
iNkU5PFVT1pKr.png

ibbejnxjI2gy00.gif

ipl5z60tv7Cxa.png

ibewjqE6VQlqUv.png
ibmK75HbrvjSax.png
itvCJxHIUYyd5.png
ieAHiZhYtS8Iy.png

iT8BNRrHDfWuU.png

iNMqb5d0o4Cvm.png
iC36gac5HrpsK.png
ibrYwTJcKbYiJP.png
i5srXp91RUvls.png

iZ03eonDC9SOh.png

ibdFopizcMYnTr.png
ibqP8vO3txubVz.png
i7NHxJVWgpNgd.png
iTEk2ZLCNhaST.png

i4ufRNcV8HamB.png

iry8EfUFtrYld.png
ipuBdsuqXBuEy.png
imutfFhNyJX4z.png
ibhll2xdRqNy78.png

iveaMMnJ5QifY.png

i3tsvZfW0L9bz.png
inLdCFw5oreBB.png
i4v0WdqlXj3QA.png
ib0humqALuAI9z.png

ibopVG8n0jkZ4w.png

iyz55dLy5QEGO.png
isEbXeTb5huVo.png
ibiGQ275wmBMyn.png
ibn3mNqAfzuG19.png

iHpJKCSKl5KTV.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Great OP, day 1 and already preordered at amazaon.

Not to ruin your OP since it's a good one but both games run at sub native resolution so I wouldn't include the part about them running at qHD since it's misleading but otherwise it's a very good OP.

mehdi_san

So excited for this. Getting both J and US release on day one! I just wish they had a MGS themed Vita, why is Miku getting the only one? :(

Binabik15

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

It didn't want PW, anyway, not sure if I had played it if it had been included. I also don't care about framerate. Or transfarring. Or touch controls. Or Subsitance camera. Just give it to me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Metal Gear is in the collection. MG 1 and 2. No MGS or Peacewalker though.

I assume he meant MGS 1.

Also, I had no clue the originals were on this as well. HYPE!

anddo0

Great OP.

MGS is without question my most purchased franchise of all time. I have these games in so many different forms, but still can't get enough.

Very much looking forward to next week.

I'm a PS Vita owner who has never played a MSG game, ever.

Would this be a good jumping on point?

Yeah, why not? Start with MGS3, for timeline sake.. You'll enjoy MGS2 more if you play Metal Gear Solid first.
When PS1 support becomes available it would be a good idea to purchase Metal Gear Solid.

jiggles

Banned
I only ever played through MGS3 once. Glad I held off on the HD collections until now. This is gonna be great.

Boo at the extra wait for Europe, though.

Not sure if I want to grab this. I really want to play Peace Walker so I may just finally get around to grabbing the console version. Are the MSX versions of the older games on the console versions as well?

I am kinda conflicted on getting this collection and MGS3 on the 3DS, but then again smoother gameplay with better frame rate along with MGS2 and classic MG titles is tempting! I look forward to read the reviews. MGS2 is the substance version right? I did not get to play that version much but I liked those "VR" training missions that were added.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Anyone catch these at E3? I'm really curious about the framerate.

I am kinda conflicted on getting this collection and MGS3 on the 3DS, but then again smoother gameplay with better frame rate along with MGS2 and classic MG titles is tempting! I look forward to read the reviews. MGS2 is the substance version right? I did not get to play that version much but I liked those "VR" training missions that were added.
Did you already buy the 3DS version? If not, I would hold off. I did buy it myself (gotta own them all, I guess) and, man, is it bad. It's incredibly choppy, super jaggy, and is lacking a lot of the visual touches present in the PS2 original even.

Sylver

Banned
Not sure if I want to grab this. I really want to play Peace Walker so I may just finally get around to grabbing the console version. Are the MSX versions of the older games on the console versions as well?

You can play PW PSP version on VITA, at least in Europe.

You can play PW PSP version on VITA, at least in Europe.

That's another option. But price is obviously a factor, and I assume the one in the console collection is also HD-ified.

Peace Walker on the PSN store is $29.99. Plus another $39.99 for the Vita HD collection is a bit too pricey when I can grab all three on console for $49.99 (probably can find it for $39.99 at this point).

Did you already buy the 3DS version? If not, I would hold off. I did buy it myself (gotta own them all, I guess) and, man, is it bad. It's incredibly choppy, super jaggy, and is lacking a lot of the visual touches present in the PS2 original even.

No not yet. I thought it wouldn't be worth it without the CPP add on due to reading about the terrible controls. However I was a bit intrigued by reading on some of the improvements on the graphics, and crouching mechanic and ease with item management. However I suppose they did improve some things on the "HD" ports other than upscaling and better frame rates?
I suppose the VITA version will be the definitive portable experience then.

When i get the vita some time later this will be one of the first games i'll pick up. I have no problem playing these games over and over agian. Just to good.

Same here! I will probably be playing these games more than new ones as I love the MGS games (despite not playing 3 and 4!)

Can't wait to pick this up and start transfarring that shit.

MGS2 VR missions feel perfect for Pick up and play style gaming and then for the long moments indulge in the full games.

Kajiba

When i get the vita some time later this will be one of the first games i'll pick up. I have no problem playing these games over and over agian. Just to good.

Letep

Excellent OP.

I'm excited for this as I've never played these games in earnest (aside from VR missions).

Jawmuncher

Theres one question I have about this HD collection.
Will I be able to start playing on the Vita first then transfar to the PS3, and still get trophies?
Or will I have to start on the PS3 to get trophies like with MGSPW transfarred to the psp.

Raonak

Banned
Theres one question I have about this HD collection.
Will I be able to start playing on the Vita first then transfar to the PS3, and still get trophies?
Or will I have to start on the PS3 to get trophies like with MGSPW transfarred to the psp.

They both have seperate trophy lists.

so if it works like motorstormRC;
if you play on the vita, and earn a trophy, it'll only appear on the vita's trophy list, but as soon as you start up the ps3 version , it'll ulock the same trophy for ps3. (and vice versa.)

Already pre-ordered, might be a blessing in disguise when it arrives at the end of the month as I have gravity rush and lollipop chainsaw to contend with next week.

Salaadin

They both have seperate trophy lists.

so if it works like motorstormRC;
if you play on the vita, and earn a trophy, it'll only appear on the vita's trophy list, but as soon as you start up the ps3 version , it'll ulock the same trophy for ps3. (and vice versa.)

What about vice versa? I already have MGS2 and MGS3 trophies unlocked on PS3. If I buy the Vita versions, willt hose trophies be unlocked already?

Andrefpvs

Nope. Lists are separate. You need to unlock them on the Vita.

How do you know? Trophy lists are separated for MotorStorm RC and when you unlock them on PS3 you also unlock them on Vita (and vice-versa).

Unless anyone has tried it, we don't know yet.

Top Bottom