• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection Vita |OT| Snake in your pants!

x3sphere

The framerate comments really put me off from getting this :( I don't think I'll be able to handle it if the drops from 60->30 are frequent with MGS2. They should've locked it to 30 instead.

First time playing MGS3 on my PS3 right now ^__^ also stoked on replaying Peace Walker and 2... I love stealth and CQC so damn much. Far outweighs this insane storyline.

aett

I'm glad I bought this. I'm playing MGS2 for the first time since 2006 and I love the way it looks and handles on the Vita. I can't wait to finish it and play 3 again, and I'll probably replay both to earn most of the trophies. (Except the dog tag trophies, because screw that.)

Is there any way to get Peace Walker onto my Vita? I only played that for a tiny bit because I hated the controls, but with the second stick it's probably much better.

hitmon

Is there any way to get Peace Walker onto my Vita? I only played that for a tiny bit because I hated the controls, but with the second stick it's probably much better.

I am wondering the same thing. I'm tempted to shell out for the digital version if its possible.. I already own the UMD. :(

ViolentP

I'm glad I bought this. I'm playing MGS2 for the first time since 2006 and I love the way it looks and handles on the Vita. I can't wait to finish it and play 3 again, and I'll probably replay both to earn most of the trophies. (Except the dog tag trophies, because screw that.)

Download it on a PS3 and use Media Connect to shoot it over to the Vita. I can confirm it works.

Apath

God, MGS2 is such a shitty game. I played and beat it back in the day, but playing it now is just awful. MGS3 on the other hand -- which I've never played before -- is awesome. I got a trophy for knifing Ocelot while he was unconscious on the ground :D

First time playing MGS3 on my PS3 right now ^__^ also stoked on replaying Peace Walker and 2... I love stealth and CQC so damn much. Far outweighs this insane storyline.
make sure u play all the co op missions online including some story missions. it is the best thing you can do in the mgs collection.

A few hours into MGS 3 and hot damn. So.good. Took me awhile to get use to the controls but damn the story is so good. Im not noticing 30/60fps. Feels pretty solid for me. But yea, i'm loving it.

Zabuza

Banned
God, MGS2 is such a shitty game. I played and beat it back in the day, but playing it now is just awful. MGS3 on the other hand -- which I've never played before -- is awesome. I got a trophy for knifing Ocelot while he was unconscious on the ground :D

No no no no no. MGS2 is a blast to play today. I think it has aged really well. But to each his own I guess.

Joni

I believe I know why my saves can't transfer between Vita and PS3. My Vita version is a EU version, PS3 version is US. :'( That means either finishing each game twice or buying an American Vita version in the future.

Download it on a PS3 and use Media Connect to shoot it over to the Vita. I can confirm it works.

also you can copy over your psp saves too by popping in your psp memory card into the ps3, copying it to the system, then transfer it to the vita. no way i was going to start from scratch again on peace walker. i unlocked so much shit and team members, including kojima on my squad.

Thoraxes

They sold that game for this much alone on the 3DS, and that MIGHT be the worst way to play it. So... yeah, definitely worth it here.

Can't I just like MGS3 equally on all platforms :D

Framerate issues aside, the 3D was superb in that game, and I just like MGS. Also, imma getting my copy of this tomorrow I think.

I can't say no to it... I've bought MGS3 too many times count :/

Apath

No no no no no. MGS2 is a blast to play today. I think it has aged really well. But to each his own I guess.
It could just be because I haven't gotten used to them, but I found the controls to be unbearable. I keep sticking to walls when I don't want to, and then when I do stick to the walls, I find Snake moves in almost the opposite direction I want him to no matter what. Plus he moves so quickly -_- I beat the Russian Girl, explored a bit, and then decided to give MGS3 a try. Haven't gone back since.

Zabuza

Banned
It could just be because I haven't gotten used to them, but I found the controls to be unbearable. I keep sticking to walls when I don't want to, and then when I do stick to the walls, I find Snake moves in almost the opposite direction I want him to no matter what. Plus he moves so quickly -_- I beat the Russian Girl, explored a bit, and then decided to give MGS3 a try. Haven't gone back since.

I love both MGS3 and MGS2 as far as gameplay goes, but MGS3 is definitely superior.

JohngPR

Is it possible to take a Vita PSP save and put it back on the PS3?

I only ask because I'm wondering if you can do tranfarring with Peace Walker on PS3 and Vita if you use the PS3 as a middle man.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

I had the same issue, its because the controls are different.

When you are trying to stick to walls and such, you now have to use the touchpad, if you try using the joysticks it makes snake/raiden go the wrong way.

Also, moving quickly is due to the fact that MGS2 runs at 60fps a lot of the time. Where as MGS3 is always 30fps.

I am almost to the first boss on the big shell and so far the game aged fantastically.

Koroviev

I had the same issue, its because the controls are different.

When you are trying to stick to walls and such, you now have to use the touchpad, if you try using the joysticks it makes snake/raiden go the wrong way.

Also, moving quickly is due to the fact that MGS2 runs at 60fps a lot of the time. Where as MGS3 is always 30fps.

I am almost to the first boss on the big shell and so far the game aged fantastically.

This has probably already been answered, but should I play MGS2 first? I've never played any of the MGS games, but have seen people say that MGS3 is the one to play first. I'm thinking it would be best to play them in the order that they were released.

This has probably already been answered, but should I play MGS2 first? I've never played any of the MGS games, but have seen people say that MGS3 is the one to play first. I'm thinking it would be best to play them in the order that they were released.

I say play MGS2 first. Little gags you'll get in 3 plus the released order.

BigTnaples

This, play them in the order they were released.

In fact, I would not play MGS2 or MGS3 at all until you have played MGS1, if you have a PS3/2/1 or at the very least The Twin Snakes if you Have a GC/Wii.

MGS is all about the story, without experiencing MGS1, you are doing your self a tremendous disservice.

In fact, I would not play MGS2 or MGS3 at all until you have played MGS1, if you have a PS3/2/1 or at the very least The Twin Snakes if you Have a GC/Wii.

MGS is all about the story, without experiencing MGS1, you are doing your self a tremendous disservice.
As someone who never finished mgs1 - listen to this man.

Koroviev

Thanks, guys. I'll try to pick up MGS1 when PSOne support comes to Vita. Hopefully it's included in the first batch or two :x

Has anyone played the VR Missions on MGS2? First Person Mode specifically? If you choose control mode 2 (its more like an FPS) then use the PSG1.... dear god... You cannot aim... in fact, if you try to spin... you WILL spin. About 100k RPM.

It's ridiculous.

WTH! I can't remember where to find M9 Tranq gun in big shell. I'm already doing the
find Fatmans bombs part
and I've yet to find the M9. It's impossible sneaking around and not knocking everyone out.

WTH! I can't remember where to find M9 Tranq gun in big shell. I'm already doing the
find Fatmans bombs part
and I've yet to find the M9. It's impossible sneaking around and not knocking everyone out.

Try Strut F. Normally on lower difficulties you'll find it in the very first room you start the game in but I think if you miss it, it'll spawn there. On a side note, on hard and above it'll only spawn in Strut F.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I've been playing MGS1 through remote play right now and I have to say I agree completely.

aett

Try Strut F. Normally on lower difficulties you'll find it in the very first room you start the game in but I think if you miss it, it'll spawn there. On a side note, on hard and above it'll only spawn in Strut F.

On normal, I only found the M9 in strut F, unless I totally missed it.

Just got a weird glitch. I had the game in sleep mode for several minutes, during a swimming part, and when I turned the game back on, my O2 was depleted and my health had only a sliver left, and more importantly, there was a Vita error message on the screen and I had to close the game.
And I had just beat Vamp with the M9 and forgot to save!

MrMephistoX

Yep just downloaded it off PSN on my PS3 and it runs (and plays thanks to two analogs) beautifully. Kind of odd that you're unable to crawl but I enjoyed my first hour with it yesterday.

On normal, I only found the M9 in strut F, unless I totally missed it.

Just got a weird glitch. I had the game in sleep mode for several minutes, during a swimming part, and when I turned the game back on, my O2 was depleted and my health had only a sliver left, and more importantly, there was a Vita error message on the screen and I had to close the game.
And I had just beat Vamp with the M9 and forgot to save!

You're right, I was one difficulty setting off. Normal and above you need to find it in Strut F, the two lower ones it's in the first room.

Anyone have a list of controls for MGS3? Also, am I unable to walk while crouching in MGS3?

I dont have a list. But no crouch walking, thats only for the 3DS and Peace Walker.

edit:
After some crafty trade in work I'll be getting this tmrw or tuesday. HUZZAH!

In the exact same boat. So broke. Damn you Kojima!

lmao. How'd you do yours? I have to go ahead and and trade 3 specific games into gamestop to get the plus 10 deal giving me 35 credit. Go to best buy trade in another 8 games (including gravity rush =[ ) to get best buy credit of about 126. Buy a visa gift card with that best buy credit leaving me with 120 cash. Use said cash to cover last remaining bit of MGS purchase at gamestop and then use the rest of the cash on food and gas. But dammit I WANT MY MGS HD VITA.

Glix

lmao. How'd you do yours? I have to go ahead and and trade 3 specific games into gamestop to get the plus 10 deal giving me 35 credit. Go to best buy trade in another 8 games (including gravity rush =[ ) to get best buy credit of about 126. Buy a visa gift card with that best buy credit leaving me with 120 cash. Use said cash to cover last remaining bit of MGS purchase at gamestop and then use the rest of the cash on food and gas. But dammit I WANT MY MGS HD VITA.

I just decided I can part with The Show and also realized I have enough Gamestop points for $10 bucks off.

I just decided I can part with The Show and also realized I have enough Gamestop points for $10 bucks off.

My plan is so complicated and yours is so nice. I'm jealous. The downside is I dont have any used copies of MGS near me so I can't use the coupon. The extra bit is I'll use the coupon on Resistance: Burning Skies, play and beat that quick and then trade that into Best Buy too which will help on the cost of MGS in the long run. But not really. lmao

BigTnaples

Is the only way to steady your aim by taking Pentazmin? Or is there a button to hold breath also? I cant remember...

Top Bottom