• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

nillapuddin

GR4LtBP.png

#THANKSKOJIMA

makes a game that can be beaten in 6 minutes
takes 100 hours to complete

So I just completed the Classified Intel Acquisition Mission in 5:14, 0 alerts, 0 kills. A Rank??! Are you kidding me? Is there something I'm missing for this one? Don't tell me I have to rescue prisoners on this one as well...

So I just completed the Classified Intel Acquisition Mission in 5:14, 0 alerts, 0 kills. A Rank??! Are you kidding me? Is there something I'm missing for this one? Don't tell me I have to rescue prisoners on this one as well...
Second cassette tape is a real thing. That's the one that nets you an S rank, if I recall right.

bobot

Neo Member
Why didn't you make the game episodic mr Kojima. Why. Why. Why?

An episode every month or two would have been awesome.

Look forward to playing some more when my partner gets off don't starve

Bebpo

Banned
Just went through this for the 2nd time on remote play with Vita. Played REALLY well on Vita. Pretty awesome. This time went slow and searched the whole base, identified all the soldiers, interrogated them all.

But there's still some stuff I couldn't find and questions I have in general because the game, although easier than the first run, was still pretty hard and it's taken me like 2 hours each run with C ranks or worse >_<

1) Where is the silencer for the the rifle? I'm always afraid to use anything other than CQC and tranq gun because it's so easy to set off alerts in this game with noise. In fact, I was so paranoid about noise from getting alerted all the time that I went and took out all
guards in the area before I fired my first shot to take out security camers and lights because I'm so freaked that doing so otherwise will set off an alarm. Silenced rifle or even a silencer for a normal pistol would help so much to speed things up since I can take out lights and cameras without noises.

2) Are there chaff grenades anywhere?

3) Ok, so after
I get Paz, and the APC spawns in front of the building. Is there anyway to blow it up with a rocket launcher WITHOUT setting off the alarm and having infinitely spawning enemies come? That's my problem with GZ compared to past MGS. It's like I wanna have fun and just mess around doing things like blowing up APCs but most of the time, doing fun stuff sets off alerts and then enemies come forever and there's nothing to do but stand still and let them shoot me to death or pause and restart from checkpoint.

4) On remote play on the Vita, how do you access the pause menu and not the iDroid? Could never figure it out and so when alarms went off I just let guards kill me.

In response to #3
I haven't tried it yet, but I bet you could blow it up w/ C4 or even take the APV from where you find it indoors behind where you could open up the garage. It shouldn't be an auto-alert, I believe the guards will move to check it out first.

HeelPower

what the helllllllll......the graphical quality in this game is ridiculous....

I have never experienced such high FPS in a game :v This might spoil me forever.

It looks like TLoU CG all the way through...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
what the helllllllll......the graphical quality in this game is ridiculous....

I have never experienced such high FPS in a game :v This might spoil me forever.

It looks like TLoU CG all the way through...
You could have experienced the same FPS on MGS2 in 2001 ;)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Did I say "wow"?

I meant "WOW".

I can't even formulate a coherent response to how good my 2 hours with GZ was. Baby is now napping. Wife is it. I'm going back in.

I thought: Wow. W-O-W.

Wow.

Did I say "wow"?

I meant "WOW".

I can't even formulate a coherent response to how good my 2 hours with GZ was. Baby is now napping. Wife is it. I'm going back in.

Ha! Sweet, man. I guess that's what I was asking - whether or not that "WOW" was a positive or a negative! :p That's great, though. Glad you're enjoying the game with the rest of us!!

but with this lightning and ultra detailed environments ?

:v

I feel like 2001 me was more impressed with MGS2's graphics than 2014 me is with Ground Zeroes, but GZ is still a gorgeous game. I'm really hoping Kojima sticks with 60FPS for The Phantom Pain, because there ain't no substitute for dat slickness.

HeelPower

I feel like 2001 me was more impressed with MGS2's graphics than 2014 me is with Ground Zeroes, but GZ is still a gorgeous game. I'm really hoping Kojima sticks with 60FPS for The Phantom Pain, because there ain't no substitute for dat slickness.

somehow..I don't think they will be able to keep this up for the entire phantom pain...

I pray they do.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Can I blow stuff up without triggering alerts ? And how about calling my chopper ? So far, everytime I called it, even when there were no enemies in the area, the alarm would ring.

I got through that mission without alert alarms. My walkthrough is roughly like this:

- Equip the rocket launcher from the beginning of the mission.
- Get a C4 attached in the first AA you come across, along with sleeping all the enemies (about 5 or 6) across that zone. (By this point the Caution phase will activate by default)
- Go save the prisoner that's on the Paz cell by the right path (the one closer to the prision cells) and tranq everyone on your way.
- Go to the roof of the white office that's closer to the AA. Tranq all the enemies around (especially the ones on higher positions). Press the C4, exploding the first AA. Caution phase will soldiers move around. Then throw a rocket to the adyacent AA (not the one next to the white office, and not the one that's next to those gas containers), later throw a grenade to the AA next to you. If you do this correctly, no enemy will get to see you or be next to the explosions.
- By this point you can call the chopper to the nearest extraction point (the one next that you rescue Chico) and the ARC will start moving. Put two C4 in its line of movement, hide and then explode them when the vehicle gets closer, and finish it by launching a rocket or some greneade (or you can launch rocket from the long distance). Once it's destroyed, point you should be able run along with the POW and inside the chopper and bam, S-Rank.

I feel like 2001 me was more impressed with MGS2's graphics than 2014 me is with Ground Zeroes

There is no question about that for me. Graphically MGS2 was one of the most mind blowing games ever... The effect it had on me was enormous, and it was the first game I played on PS2 :)

Man

Each time I think Kojima has begun to fade out he just slams back with amaze.

Probably the highest quality next-gen release yet in several aspects and Edge & Eurogamer are right in giving this a high score despite the value-proposition.

Gloam

Had a question about the controls.

When rolling, how do you control whether or not Snake will lie on his back or stomach?

Also, is there a way to hang off a ledge from prone like in MGS4?

Liking the game a lot so far, but falling into the old trap of not wanting to be seen first time through and taking things very slowly, at least the game will be long for me!

SJRB

Gold Member
I can highly recommend everyone to disable the HUD elements in the options menu, it makes things 100 times more immersive without button prompts popping up left and right. You can also disable the weapon/item display, or set it that it only pops up when you aim a weapon.

I can't get enough of this game, it's just so damn good.

FrankWza

I can highly recommend everyone to disable the HUD elements in the options menu, it makes things 100 times more immersive without button prompts popping up left and right. You can also disable the weapon/item display, or set it that it only pops up when you aim a weapon.

I agree.So awesome.

I wish Kaz would shut up from repeating his lines over and over and over again every time I restart a mission/checkpoint. That would make things more immersive for me.

AHA-Lambda

Finished it last night and I enjoyed it alot.

I must mention though, I really didn't find the shocking scene all that shocking :/

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

2014 you is more jaded than 2001 you, I think. Just let the love flow. This is the Metal Gear we all dreamed about. :)

Finished it last night and I enjoyed it alot.

I must mention though, I really didn't find the shocking scene all that shocking :/

I found the bit after really shocking. (Ending spoiler)
The ol' Kansas City Shuffle with the second bomb... Suicide bomber child is pretty heavy stuff!

Currently murdering my way through the camp so I can run around and find the collectibles. They are really well hidden!

jsnepo

This is an excellent post. I actually disabled enemy tagging as well as reflex together with the HUD. The game feels more immersive.

KaiserBecks

"Finished" the main mission yesterday and I really enjoyed it. The other missions seem fun as well, but of course the problem is that they don't really add anything to the story (well, at least in terms of progress).
I'm really happy with how the game plays and feels, larger battlefields will be a blast.
That said, it's a shame Ground Zeroes doesn't include an editor with a more or less plain map, some structures, vehicles etc. User generated content really could've helped the game in terms of value.

onken

Just finished on hard. Yeah it's short but the gameplay is impeccable, top stuff. Soo when is the Phantom Pain coming out?

Mik2121

What do you guys do to get an enemy's attention? I know you can't knock anymore, and I can't seem to find any magazines... so, what else is there to do, other than trying to expose yourself for a second and hoping he just does a "HUH?"...

Because I'll only be able to play this next month, I've been on a media blackout and avoiding this threads like they're the plague.
Just answer me please, does the PAL version of the game also has a reversible cover with Shinkawa's art?

kubus

Because I'll only be able to play this next month, I've been on a media blackout and avoiding this threads like they're the plague.
Just answer me please, does the PAL version of the game also has a reversible cover with Shinkawa's art?
Sadly no :(

Tora posted a hq pic of the art here though, so you could print it out. Can't post it right now but I'm sure someone will.

Jhn

Jesus, I'm mind-numbingly bad at this.
I need some pointers or something, hard is kicking my ass. There's always that one rouge dude somewhere who I've failed to keep track of that insta-spots me from somewhere across the map.

Jesus, I'm mind-numbingly bad at this.
I need some pointers or something, hard is kicking my ass. There's always that one rouge dude somewhere who I've failed to keep track of that insta-spots me from somewhere across the map.

Which guard?! I just got done recording my first Hard S-rank (Stealth, No-Kill; Display Settings off, no Reflex Mode), if you'd like me to get you a link to that? It's not MLG 360-no scope pro or anything, but it does get you in and out of the main mission in under twenty minutes. ;-)

gkryhewy

Any xbox players with issues having achievements achieve? I cleared the main mission (with a C rank, but still) last night, and didn't get the achievement. And now I just got the genesis achievement for clearing a side mission, after clearing about my fourth side mission. Any ideas? Playing on xbox one.

Have a question. If I wanted to just jump into the Ground Zeroes mission and take my time searching for the collectible stuff like the tapes, xof patches and pows I missed would I still need to rescue Chico and Paz in the end to get it all to count or could I just fly off when I'm done? And I'm assuming all the POWs will still transfer over to Phantom Pain even if I rescue them in different playthroughs?

Top Bottom