• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

So, I've decided that this is my favourite game of the year. I don't care if it's still slightly too expensive for what it is and there's definitely a few things that need to be fixed, the overall experience is amazing.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm not crazy about the game, but I have no issue with the cost having finished it.

It's a lot more objectively valuable in content than dozens of similar priced indie games.

FrankWza

I might try that, but I just found out something VERY VERY WEIRD.

I took my PS4 offline and loaded a new game and it worked... then I took it online again and it keeps getting stuck. I wonder if there's something online messing with my data. I tried to backup my saves to the cloud and they got stuck there for like 20 minutes without doing anything so maybe my saves on the cloud are fucking with my game??

There's been issues with connecting since launch. Both with the game and idroid app. I doubt it's the cloud service.

What's the consensus on the PS3 version? Don't own a PS4 yet, and if I get the PS3 version it will be download only as the disc drive on my ps3 is acting up.

..is this a joke?

For shame SJRB:

Ground
Zero.

1665777927.png

Best post in thread.

Mik2121

There's been issues with connecting since launch. Both with the game and idroid app. I doubt it's the cloud service.

I think I fixed it...

My internet connection was acting really weird today. I couldn't check half of the websites I always use and I couldn't access my cloud data. I have a feeling the game was crashing when trying to access the cloud and it gave me that error.

I restarted my router and lo and behold, now I can play the game again while online...

... too bad my save data isn't available on the cloud for some reason (all my other files are there) and I deleted it from my PS4... Oh well, more reasons to play the game again.

beastmode

Does anyone know what set of circumstances it takes to get a guard to open a blue door? Happened a few minutes ago but I was having a perfect run and didn't want to be seen so I didn't go in. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What's the consensus on the PS3 version? Don't own a PS4 yet, and if I get the PS3 version it will be download only as the disc drive on my ps3 is acting up.

It's fine. A visual downgrade and resolution downgrade from the PS4, obviously but $20 digital is more than fine.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone?

I don't wanna keep trying to find them on my own if it's crazy difficult.

They can be pretty difficult to find on your own, yeah. They're all in Ground Zeroes, though. So if you kill every guard in the area silently (there's 49 or so before alerts?) you should be able to have the time of your life finding them.

jsnepo

It's fine. A visual downgrade and resolution downgrade from the PS4, obviously but $20 digital is more than fine.

Don't forget framerate too. The PS3 version looks great if you ask me. My friends and I are always baffled how Kojima and his team were able to pull this game off using old hardware such as the PS3 and Xbox 360 version.

I'm wondering though. How is the Xbox 360 version of this game?

nillapuddin

Did Digital Foundry do a comparison between PS4 and XB1 yet??

PS4 looks amazing
I have an Xbox and I was thoroughly impressed throughout, there were no parts of this game that I felt were hampered by the decreased resolution, nor did I even slightly notice anything I felt was subpar, nobody should be worried at all.

Even PS3/360 versions look pretty spectacular when its all said and done

This is a win-win for everybody, move on, nothing to see here.

Wasnt that video comparing ps3 vs ps4 and 360 vs xb1. they never talked in depth about the differences between ps4 and xb1.

do you have some sort of motive?
we know the differences flat out

bbd23

Okay so i watched the whole thing on Youtube and now I want to play peace walker haha. I've completed 1 2 and 3 and find it a little hard to get into 4 right now. If I complete peace walker now will I be missing out on things?

Spaghetti

I just saw this Change.org petition on my email, regarding bringing MGSV to PC: http://www.change.org/petitions/pc-gamers-everywhere-bring-mgs5-to-pc

Is it really true that petitions like this can have an effect? It states that things like this do work and it's what brought Dark Souls to PC. Is this true or bullshit?

Therefore, is it worth me contributing money to this petition in order to promote it further?
the dark souls petition did help namco make a choice

but i wouldn't put any money towards this petition.

konami is well aware of pc demand, and kojima wants to do it. just keep talking about mgsv on pc where the right people (like torashiro) can see it. sign the petition and spread it around if you want, the more attention it gets the more konami will notice and adjust plans accordingly.

*sigh* pc gamers never learn. i can't imagine being on my knees 24/7 begging for a steam release for every hit console game.
how is it the fault of pc gamers that japanese publishers are occasionally shy on releasing on pc?

Hellshy.

PS4 looks amazing
I have an Xbox and I was thoroughly impressed throughout, there were no parts of this game that I felt were hampered by the decreased resolution, nor did I even slightly notice anything I felt was subpar, nobody should be worried at all.

Even PS3/360 versions look pretty spectacular when its all said and done

This is a win-win for everybody, move on, nothing to see here.

do you have some sort of motive?
we know the differences flat out

I wasnt aware we knew the differences flat out. Why would I have a motive. They did a video on Tomb raider and we knew of differences between the two versions from the devs prior to release. I was mainly curious about the frame rate of both versions. i have the ps4 version and thought the frame rate was solid but I am not great at picking up on dips if they are small. I apologize for being curious

the dark souls petition did help namco make a choice

but i wouldn't put any money towards this petition.

konami is well aware of pc demand, and kojima wants to do it. just keep talking about mgsv on pc where the right people (like torashiro) can see it. sign the petition and spread it around if you want, the more attention it gets the more konami will notice and adjust plans accordingly.

Thank you! I suppose I'll hold off on things money-wise. Hopefully more people sign this for Konami to take notice.

Ardenyal

264 meter headshot with a tranq gun just happened. Funny how the over the shoulder viewpoint is more accurate than iron sights.

This is why I don't buy games at release no more.

After being hyped up and being sucked into buying brink at release, never again…………………..fool me once, shame on me………fool me twice…………nah son, there aint no twice.

pixlexic

Banned
PS4 is 1080p.
X1 is 720p.
PS4 has more consistent 60fps and dynamic weather.

is there proof of the frame rate? I have both and have not seen a difference.

and no all versions have dynamic weather.. ps4 has one stage with different clouds.

Bamihap

Good at being the bigger man
My tv is calibrated. But the brightness of MGSV seems too high. Even when I put the game's brightness on the lowest setting.

Anyone else got this problem?

Ardenyal

I had no idea the darts vould even travel that far. Did you aim at the sun or something?

The bullet drop works really weird in this game. You would expect it to drop exponentially but it seems to go straight forward up to 30 (?) meters and then calculate a new angle that the bullet travels straight.

I was able to use the hash marks on the OTS crosshair to line up the shot.

Start the AA destruction mission and use binocs to mark the guy straight ahead on helipad. Fire shots at him in OTS view until you get "!" and remember the angle you hit him at, restart mission. rinse and repeat until you get a record, finish mission.

Hellshy.

The bullet drop works really weird in this game. You would expect it to drop exponentially but it seems to go straight forward up to 30 (?) meters and then calculate a new angle that the bullet travels straight.

I was able to use the hash marks on the OTS crosshair to line up the shot.

Start the AA destruction mission and use binocs to mark the guy straight ahead on helipad. Fire shots at him in OTS view until you get "!" and remember the angle you hit him at, restart mission. rinse and repeat until you get a record, finish mission.

Cool. Thanks for the info

nillapuddin

I wasnt aware we knew the differences flat out. Why would I have a motive. They did a video on Tomb raider and we knew of differences between the two versions from the devs prior to release. I was mainly curious about the frame rate of both versions. i have the ps4 version and thought the frame rate was solid but I am not great at picking up on dips if they are small. I apologize for being curious

look guy, the reason I jumped on you quick was, there only seem to be a few kinda people asking those questions these days

Xbox owners worried about their experience
Sony users boasting
The uninformed asking out of necessity

Because there was direct information on all these specs given from the dev themself, I figured you might be in the first 2 categories

So I assured you that the experience on Xbox One is top-notch, frame rate is solid, visuals are awesome

If you have a PS4 then you are getting a highest fidelity possible and have nothing to worry about

We've gone along way in this thread without breaking out into console wars, I was just trying to make sure we werent going there again, sorry about that

The Console War has changed. The age of acceptance has become the age of flame wars. All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass resolution. And he who controls the framerate, controls history. War has changed. When the forum is under total ass storming, war... becomes routine.

Hellshy.

look guy, the reason I jumped on you quick was, there only seem to be a few kinda people asking those questions these days

Xbox owners worried about their experience
Sony users boasting
The uninformed asking out of necessity

Because there was direct information on all these specs given from the dev themself, I figured you might be in the first 2 categories

So I assured you that the experience on Xbox One is top-notch, frame rate is solid, visuals are awesome

If you have a PS4 then you are getting a highest fidelity possible and have nothing to worry about

We've gone along way in this thread without breaking out into console wars, I was just trying to make sure we werent going there again, sorry about that

The Console War has changed. The age of acceptance has become the age of flame wars. All in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass resolution. And he who controls the framerate, controls history. War has changed. When the forum is under total ass storming, war... becomes routine.

All good

Jut

Banned
this game has been the perfect rental. when everyone was comlaining about this game being too short and too expensive why was nobody just talking about renting it?

i completed all the missions the first day, gonna mess around for a second then return it.

its everything i wanted it to be, an enchanced Peace Walker.

this game has been the perfect rental. when everyone was comlaining about this game being too short and too expensive why was nobody just talking about renting it?

i completed all the missions the first day, gonna mess around for a second then return it.

its everything i wanted it to be, an enchanced Peace Walker.

thisisneogaf.gif

Fehyd

Banned
The Xbox One version doesn't have dynamic weather? I haven't played it yet, but picked it up for PS4. I'd be surprised if something like that wasn't implemented on Xbox.

Afaik it's not dynamic weather. It's basically a graphics shader for the sky that affects the lighting. There's some noticeable differences in lighting when the sky shader is in effect.

NYR94

My tv is calibrated. But the brightness of MGSV seems too high. Even when I put the game's brightness on the lowest setting.

Anyone else got this problem?

Yeah, something's off with the game. Other poster mentioned it earlier in the thread. For all of the MGS games I've had to lower the brightness on my TV a little bit, but Ground Zeroes takes it to an extreme level.

Top Bottom