• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Noos

Neo Member
Do you have to S-Rank hard modes to get 100% or just normal? Or both?

I believe you do need to S rank the hard modes in order to get 100%. As I've been playing through, it seems the requirements are:

-S rank normal and hard missions
-unlock all trials (do not have to complete them)
-find all XOF badges
-find all tapes?

Zen

Banned
Hey I'm in a weird situation. When going for the cassette tapes, I would play a mission, find the tape then quit once I got to a checkpoint.

So I do this for the Eliminate Renegade Threat mission, beat the mission on normal and hard, s rank both, and do all the trials. But it stills says I'm missing one unlock. Is that last unlock the tape? Did I screw up?

Please tell me I missed something and didn't break the completion counter lol.

I think there are two cassette tapes in that mission? If you pick up the one at the tower, Kaz says in the end that the client said there should have been another tape with more details.

JayEH

I think there are two cassette tapes in that mission? If you pick up the one at the tower, Kaz says in the end that the client said there should have been another tape with more details.

That's for a different op. Thanks for trying to help though.

cackhyena

Which two? The one
stuck on BB's body
, obviously, but which other one?
The one where you
have to jump on the ...I don't know what they are, electrical boxes? Then jump from there on that lower flat roof. All the times I passed there and I never thought to actually look up and notice a lower roof line available.

SJRB

Gold Member
Hey I'm in a weird situation. When going for the cassette tapes, I would play a mission, find the tape then quit once I got to a checkpoint.

So I do this for the Eliminate Renegade Threat mission, beat the mission on normal and hard, s rank both, and do all the trials. But it stills says I'm missing one unlock. Is that last unlock the tape? Did I screw up?

Please tell me I missed something and didn't break the completion counter lol.

There are 7 Chico tapes, a Skull Face interrogation tape and an additional data tape which all need to be acquired in the several missions [both GZ and Side Ops].

Do you have all of those?

abrack08

The one where you
have to jump on the ...I don't know what they are, electrical boxes? Then jump from there on that lower flat roof. All the times I passed there and I never thought to actually look up and notice a lower roof line available.

Ah ok I can see that. I used a guide to get all of them but 2. Besides that certain one they all seemed equally findable to me, but I was being told where they were, haha. I actually had the hardest time finding one
on the helipad area in like a puddle of water or something
. I was using a guide for that one and the picture in the guide was nowhere NEAR where it really was, that really screwed me up.

JayEH

There are 7 Chico tapes, a Skull Face interrogation tape and an additional data tape which all need to be acquired in the several missions [both GZ and Side Ops].

Do you have all of those?

I'm talking about specifically one mission's set of rewards, you know how when you complete a mission it will say something like X/17 rewards, I did all the trials, tapes, s ranks for one mission but it stills says I'm missing a reward which I presume may be the tape.

I guess I'll 100% it to my full ability and see if the tapes counted or not in the final total.

NYR94

I'm talking about specifically one mission's set of rewards, you know how when you complete a mission it will say something like X/17 rewards, I did all the trials, tapes, s ranks for one mission but it stills says I'm missing a reward which I presume may be the tape.

I guess I'll 100% it to my full ability and see if the tapes counted or not in the final total.

Yeah, they need to make the requirements for 100% and all unlocks clear. I have 17/18 cassette tapes and can't figure out how to get the last one. I don't even know what mission it's in.

JayEH

Yeah, they need to make the requirements for 100% and all unlocks clear. I have 17/18 cassette tapes and can't figure out how to get the last one. I don't even know what mission it's in.

You get the last one by beating all missions on hard I think.

cackhyena

Ah ok I can see that. I used a guide to get all of them but 2. Besides that certain one they all seemed equally findable to me, but I was being told where they were, haha. I actually had the hardest time finding one
on the helipad area in like a puddle of water or something
. I was using a guide for that one and the picture in the guide was nowhere NEAR where it really was, that really screwed me up.

Yeah, I had to keep checking the reference picture for that one, even though I could have sworn I was on top of it. It's annoying, but I guess if they were simple to find, they'd kinda feel meaningless.

Dynamic3

Were there any preorder and/or first print bonuses for the US version? I just ordered a copy from Amazon and it says "Standard Edition".

Were there any preorder and/or first print bonuses for the US version? I just ordered a copy from Amazon and it says "Standard Edition".

First print copies are still being pushed out. A few local Best Buy stores here just restocked a few days ago (with The Phantom Pain bonus DLC). For whatever reason, Amazon has always had Ground Zeroes labeled "Standard Edition," but I'm not sure why! Hope you get your DLC. ;-)

Dynamic3

First print copies are still being pushed out. A few local Best Buy stores here just restocked a few days ago (with The Phantom Pain bonus DLC). For whatever reason, Amazon has always had Ground Zeroes labeled "Standard Edition," but I'm not sure why! Hope you get your DLC. ;-)

I presume it's an insert with a code on it?

I believe you do need to S rank the hard modes in order to get 100%. As I've been playing through, it seems the requirements are:

-S rank normal and hard missions
-unlock all trials (do not have to complete them)
-find all XOF badges
-find all tapes?

Thanks, was having trouble finding this info.

CloudNein

pfft. how about not putting reasoning in other people's mouths? how about accepting that people, including myself actuall LIKE hayter as a voice actor for snake since he matches the same campy rediculousness of the rest of the game and voice actors.

i don't know if you noticed, but kiefer sounds out of place now he's surrounded by the usual hammy script and voice actors. kojima either needed to write a more grounded, better script with realistic potrayals of characters, or he needed to keep hayter so it gels with everything else. this..."half step" just creates a jarring mess of voicework. you have kiefer trying his damnedest to make crappy writting sound legit, all the while you have characters working opposite him with the likes of the "fiddle" line of dialogue which makes the entire scene seem like a joke...

i want hayter for consistency. i want hayter becasue he fits the anime-esque, crazy melodrama of typical MGS story lines. i want hayter becasue he's a better fit then kiefer, who was only brought on board so they can stick a celebrity name on the box.

That's exactly why we *don't* need Hayter. The series is moving in a new direction. I've enjoyed the silly over the top MGS vibe for 16 years. It's time to move the fuck on. Big Boss is should be doing some nasty things in TPP, it's no place for stupid jokes.

Zen

Banned
pfft. how about not putting reasoning in other people's mouths? how about accepting that people, including myself actuall LIKE hayter as a voice actor for snake since he matches the same campy rediculousness of the rest of the game and voice actors.

i don't know if you noticed, but kiefer sounds out of place now he's surrounded by the usual hammy script and voice actors. kojima either needed to write a more grounded, better script with realistic potrayals of characters, or he needed to keep hayter so it gels with everything else. this..."half step" just creates a jarring mess of voicework. you have kiefer trying his damnedest to make crappy writting sound legit, all the while you have characters working opposite him with the likes of the "fiddle" line of dialogue which makes the entire scene seem like a joke...

i want hayter for consistency. i want hayter becasue he fits the anime-esque, crazy melodrama of typical MGS story lines. i want hayter becasue he's a better fit then kiefer, who was only brought on board so they can stick a celebrity name on the box.

I do not find Sutherland jarring at all, he sounds practically identical to Hayters Snake with better range, and if what he have seen of TPP and GZ is any indication then we are getting the bolded. This is, bluntly so, going to be the darkest MGS yet, and Kojima-isms in the dialogue seem to happen far less frequently if GZ is any indication.

atr0cious

I want Hayter to return, but I finally listened to some Peace Walker tapes, and he's unbearable, especially in the Chico tapes talking about Paz. It's just bad voice acting all round, and I can understand Kojima hearing that while trying to write his super serious game, cringing. Wouldn't have gelled at all.

I want Hayter to return, but I finally listened to some Peace Walker tapes, and he's unbearable, especially in the Chico tapes talking about Paz. It's just bad voice acting all round, and I can understand Kojima hearing that while trying to write his super serious game, cringing. Wouldn't have gelled at all.

It's kind of hilarious picturing Kojima of all people cringing at bad voice acting, which is usually amplified by some incredibly terrible writing.

Finally managed to find the last XOF patch. Thanks to a rat.

The one I was missing was on a roof near where Paz is held. I didn't know I could get there until I saw the rat. Then I jumped from one of those big boxes and boom, last patch.

The Flash

Banned
I've heard of this happening before, at least for the ps4 version. And some people said they didn't get it until after all the cutscenes and credits played.

So I would just have to play the main mission again and not skip any of the cutscenes?

Noos

Neo Member
So I would just have to play the main mission again and not skip any of the cutscenes?

I would try playing the main mission, collect all the patches, and do not skip any ending credits/cutscenes. I don't think the cutscenes during the mission matter.

Also, note the following:
- If you die after collecting a patch and before a checkpoint, you must pick up the patch again.
-The achievement will unlock after the mission at the rewards screen.

The game takes place in the 80s so they're fine.

since when has MG ever given a shit about how people used to talk during "whatever decade"

its the context of the scene that's the problem, the guy is having a breakdown, yelling and raging everywhere and he says some weak shit like that? lmao

atr0cious

since when has MG ever given a shit about how people used to talk during "whatever decade"

its the context of the scene that's the problem, the guy is having a breakdown, yelling and raging everywhere and he says some weak shit like that? lmao

Because it was a "modern" phrase in the 70s and 80s? And Kaz is obviously a theatrical dude?

The Flash

Banned
I've only recently become a MGS fan so is it wrong of me to say that I've enjoyed GZ more than the other MGS games I've played?

I would try playing the main mission, collect all the patches, and do not skip any ending credits/cutscenes. I don't think the cutscenes during the mission matter.

Also, note the following:
- If you die after collecting a patch and before a checkpoint, you must pick up the patch again.
-The achievement will unlock after the mission at the rewards screen.

I'll give that a shot. Thanks dude!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Ugh, how many points do I need to S-Rank Eliminate The Renegade threat on Hard? I have more than my Normal run and I got S on that.

cackhyena

Ugh, how many points do I need to S-Rank Eliminate The Renegade threat on Hard? I have more than my Normal run and I got S on that.

Are you having to use Reflex? If you can cut that out, or rescue a prisoner, it'll probably put you over the top. I just had to make sure no Reflex was used and I can be in and out in about 4 and a half minutes.

I've only recently become a MGS fan so is it wrong of me to say that I've enjoyed GZ more than the other MGS games I've played?

I'll give that a shot. Thanks dude!

Nope not at all, but it's great for you to play the other games so you can have a gist of what's going on and appreciate the characters! since GZ is a prequel. i love all the MGS games but sons of liberty is probably my fave mostly due to the jump from ps1 to ps2 it was quite an experience.. yeah the story is very convoluted lol

The Flash

Banned
Nope not at all, but it's great for you to play the other games so you can have a gist of what's going on and appreciate the characters! since GZ is a prequel. i love all the MGS games but sons of liberty is probably my fave mostly due to the jump from ps1 to ps2 it was quite an experience.. yeah the story is very convoluted lol

I've greatly enjoyed familiarizing myself with MGS. Snake Eater and Peace Walker were especially good. I wish I could play 1 and 4 but they're only on PS3. I'd I've thought that Kojima would've ported them over to 360 by now.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Are you having to use Reflex? If you can cut that out, or rescue a prisoner, it'll probably put you over the top. I just had to make sure no Reflex was used and I can be in and out in about 4 and a half minutes.

No reflex, I rescue two prisoners. My record is 49442, still no S. :( Do i Need ti hit 50k?

Noos

Neo Member

I would suggest turning off Reflex Mode as cackhyena has suggested. Also note that you do not need Kaz to talk about the targets before eliminating them. If you kill them before they are fully marked, they still count. This can save a little bit of time.

Top Bottom