• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

It's a bummer that the game only allows one save state in the game (and it's an auto-save).

Like if I'd like to restart to take screenshots from the opening cutscenes, I'll be forced to delete my progress so far...

Edit: @Naked Snake, sign in to a new profile?

Oh good idea. I'll try that.

And for the record, I have my Brightness slider in the game set to minimum, because even there I can still see the MSF logo which the instructions state I'm supposed to adjust the brightness until I can't see it. Not sure if that affects the accuracy of the screenshots I'm posting.

Dunk#7

It's a bummer that the game only allows one save state in the game (and it's an auto-save).

Like if I'd like to restart to take screenshots from the opening cutscenes, I'll be forced to delete my progress so far...

Create a new account or use a different account on your console. Should use a different save file

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Oh good idea. I'll try that.

And for the record, I have my Brightness slider in the game set to minimum, because even there I can still see the MSF logo which the instructions state I'm supposed to adjust the brightness until I can't see it. Not sure if that affects the accuracy of the screenshots I'm posting.
It does.

Ishida

Banned
ibcNXXgfVI02m2.gif

BB from GZ looks a Gen better than MGS4 Snake

Well, you disagree with me. That's a tragedy.

Anyways, my mind is still blown about Ground Zeroes' ending being rendered on last-gen consoles. Shit looks amazing.

Chinner

Banned
"Nostalgia" is the popular excuse today to complain about people liking what you don't. Hayter was terrible in your opinion, and in the opinion of many others. And he was great and iconic in my opinion, and the opinion of many others.

must have been an issue as kojima got rid of him. it was obvious hayter was getting too comfortable in his role.

Im curious, does Ground Zero have a platinum trophy? I only question it with it being "short".

No Platinum, unfortunately. A Konami rep says that he will pass this concern along, but doesn't expect it to be taken care of before launch. So, it may or may not ever happen. We'll see!

Alright. Took a lot of screenshots from the opening cutscene just now using default brightness, all direct-feed uncompressed PNG from PS3 (real time, you can zoom any time):

13201935374_7a1dff25f4_o.png

13201915744_cec092a818_o.png

More here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adelgary/sets/72157642441511583/with/13201794353/

Looks like the models are identical in-game and in cutscenes and across consoles (please correct me if I'm wrong). The lighting and shaders look much better in cutscenes though. Also I wonder if it could be running at a higher internal resolution?

Ishida

Banned
Alright. Took a lot of screenshots from the opening cutscene just now, all direct-feed uncompressed PNG from PS3:

13201935374_7a1dff25f4_o.png

13201915744_cec092a818_o.png

More here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adelgary/sets/72157642441511583/with/13201794353/

Looks like the models are identical in-game and in cutscenes and across consoles. The lighting and shaders look much better in cutscenes though. Also I wonder if it could be running at a higher internal resolution?

The FOX Engine sure does miracles. Last-gen consoles have come a long way.

Alright. Took a lot of screenshots from the opening cutscene just now, all direct-feed uncompressed PNG from PS3 (real time, you can zoom any time):

Wow, sorry for being late to the conversation on this, but that PS3 version looks incredible. I just scrolled through the screens assuming it was PS4.

rvy

Banned
No Platinum, unfortunately. A Konami rep says that he will pass this concern along, but doesn't expect it to be taken care of before launch. So, it may or may not ever happen. We'll see!

Tweet Kojimmy. He'll make it right.

GZ will have DLC, which is why there is no Platinum yet. Kojimmy rustled everyone.

Top Bottom