• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Alienous

PS4
13076717865_ecdf3c1f0e_o.png

PS3
13201649295_25afd84b6e_o.png

Next-gen port, indeed.

It looks good, but I think they could really push the visuals still.

eso76

Oh, I see you are late to the party. Here, grab a chair.

Wait, it's one of those parties where people sit ?

I can see where he's coming from. The wrinkles and grooves on Old Snake's face make it seem more detailed than Big Boss' face in MGSV.

But those wrinkles are painted on ss's face ! They're ugly.
Oh well.

Skullface pic: Dof looks more pronounced on ps3, I like that.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Good. Big Boss is boss to me. Last game I played was MGS 3 on the HD collection and he's everything Snake couldn't be.
Really? I'll always thought Solid Snake was the Snake Big Boss couldn't be
and it's implied by Big Boss in MGS4
although I think GZ & TPP is gonna make us see Big Boss in a different light and probably more earning of the title,because really if we go off MGS3 alone SS has been there and got the T-shirt multiple times and cleaned up the mess BB started and couldn't finish.
But like I said I think that will change with GZ+TPP and it'll show why Big Boss is Big Boss.

cackhyena

That's a bit worrying, TPP will have the same graphics and will be releasing in a year that all of us may have seen far more better looking games on nextgen.
Doesn't concern me as those games probably won't have the same amount of content and secrets TPP does. It looks good enough for me.

That's a bit worrying, TPP will have the same graphics and will be releasing in a year that all of us may have seen far more better looking games on nextgen.

That looks really great to me, and considering the size of Phantom Pain and its frame rate, I think it will be just fine. However, it's just something that people will have to deal with. No matter how hard a developer works on a game and no matter the engine, it's always going to end up looking outdated unless the art helps to preserve it.

Second Son looks amazing, but it's an early PS4 title which will surely be bested, visually, in no time.

It took me 48 minutes exactly to finish the PS3 version. Including several deaths because of the shitty cam mostly. I will not even bother on replaying it on PS3, it runs like crap at times, specially on the GZ mission. Will wait to get the PS4 version for cheap or for a friend to lend it to me.

It took me 48 minutes exactly to finish the PS3 version. Including several deaths because of the shitty cam mostly. I will not even bother on replaying it on PS3, it runs like crap at times, specially on the GZ mission. Will wait to get the PS4 version for cheap or for a friend to lend it to me.

Sacrificing performance for graphics, yayyy!

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Begin development of an engine to maximize PS3/360...in 2010.
ibk4MNXpve7z8G.png

It is what it is. Like I said before, at least they're giving us 1080p/60 on PS4.

I'm not too worried about the Phantom Pain, the long E3 trailer looked really good. Especially in regards to lighting and the other dynamic effects like the weather. It was running at 60 FPS as well although I wouldn't be surprised if there was more aliasing in the final version.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
That looks really great to me, and considering the size of Phantom Pain and its frame rate, I think it will be just fine. However, it's just something that people will have to deal with. No matter how hard a developer works on a game and no matter the engine, it's always going to end up looking outdated unless the art helps to preserve it.

Second Son looks amazing, but it's an early PS4 title which will surely be bested, visually, in no time.
It looks fantastic to me too but will TPP look good in a years time?
Will it have improved graphics over GZ? That what I wanna know.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I do wonder if theyll up the graphics some for TPP but, as I said yesterday, I just LOVE that GZ is 1080p60 on PS4.

There won't be any upgrades since the game still has to support PS3/360. Konami will just live with the fact that TPP's visuals will be smashed into the dirt by 2nd gen PS4/XB1 games. It'll be a great GOTY caliber experience regardless.

It looks fantastic to me too but will TPP look good in a years time?
Will it have improved graphics over GZ? That what I wanna know.

It will, more than likely. The engine team won't just be sitting on their hands. Look at the PS4's advanced skybox for instance.

I'm actually pretty surprised so many people seem upset over the graphics, they look great to me, the only thing I'd change is some sparing uses of tesselation on things like the circular mirror on the cars. Honestly aside from that though, this game at 1080p/60fps is good enough for me, the open grounds gameplay is next gen enough for me.

Edit:
Meant to say FF lol
Ok, makes sense now. I was like, huh? Thought you might have meant pre-ordering TPP at the same time, but I'm pretty sure you can't do that online yet.

Spaghetti

hopefully any prospective pc port takes advantage of the better hardware available.

tesselation especially, i've been doing that comfortably on a mid-range card since 2011.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a definitive account of the MGS universe somewhere online? The MGS Database is more of an encyclopaedia, I'm after more of a more cohesive and in-depth Wiki detailing the plot and intricacies of the entire series. I'd kickstart the hell out of something like that.

cackhyena

Phantom Pain 60 FPS

Already looks much better than Ground Zeroes no?

Not really. Things like his hair, the reigns on the horse, the horse hair, the cloth draped around his neck are all pretty last gen looking at that point. I'm sure a lot of that could be improved, but something like Witcher 3 blows it away visually to me. That said, I still really dig the way it looks overall and open worldish MGS is my dream, so...

I've played like three hours and I've just reached my first mission objective lol. If you went straight for the objective it'd take you maybe 10 mins tops but like any MGS game there is a lot of fun in trying to sneak up on enemies and the map is quite large to explore. Controls are awesome I dunno it feels easier than past games. My supressor ran out on my rifle so I'm basically sneaking and stabbing dudes in the neck now. Is there no way to put someone to sleep with a tranq and knife them while they're on the ground asleep? I can only seem to use my knife if you sneak up on someone and hold them hostage.

Remember when Ground Zeroes was revealed and everyone was going "Holy shit! There's no way that's current-gen! IT LOOKS SO GOOD!"

And yet, now we have "Ugh, simple up-res."

shawnhi

I've avoided the spoiler thread until now... just one more day to make it through. Kinda want to take Tuesday off from work... but then what will I do with the rest of my day?

Top Bottom