• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

wanders

Remember when Ground Zeroes was revealed and everyone was going "Holy shit! There's no way that's current-gen! IT LOOKS SO GOOD!"

And yet, now we have "Ugh, simple up-res."

Ive compared the reveal footage with the game now and Im surprised how good it still looks

I have a question: I have received 30 bucks as gift cards in a multimedia store. It's the price of Ground Zeroes on X360 in that store. Should I get that game for free or is it stupid to get it on 360 ?

Alienous

I have a question: I have received 30 bucks as gift cards in a multimedia store. It's the price of Ground Zeroes on X360 in that store. Should I get that game for free or is it stupid to get it on 360 ?

There's nothing special in the current-gen PS4 and Xbox One releases. And I think the last-gen versions are about equal. Go for it, I'd say.

Salaadin

Remember when Ground Zeroes was revealed and everyone was going "Holy shit! There's no way that's current-gen! IT LOOKS SO GOOD!"

Well, for what it's worth, I think the game looks great.... Even up ressed . It's just that next Gen is here now so I wouldn't mind it looking better. Especially since TPP is a year away.

do u have next gen consoles..i would recommend just getting it on whatever u plan on playing the phantom pain on; as there is content that carries over supposedly

Looks just fine to me. If The Phantom Pain were to look the same as it did in the E3 build, for instance, I'd have no complaints.

EDIT:

do u have next gen consoles..i would recommend just getting it on whatever u plan on playing the phantom pain on; as there is content that carries over supposedly

Content carries across generations. :) [PlayStation 3 -> PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 -> Xbox One]

I've played like three hours and I've just reached my first mission objective lol. If you went straight for the objective it'd take you maybe 10 mins tops but like any MGS game there is a lot of fun in trying to sneak up on enemies and the map is quite large to explore. Controls are awesome I dunno it feels easier than past games. My supressor ran out on my rifle so I'm basically sneaking and stabbing dudes in the neck now. Is there no way to put someone to sleep with a tranq and knife them while they're on the ground asleep? I can only seem to use my knife if you sneak up on someone and hold them hostage.

Yeah I don't get how anyone finishes this in 2 hours, including all side missions! That's just insane. I've been playing for a few hours and I still haven't finished the first mission... although I'm finding this one harder than previous MGS games (or maybe I've just become rusty).

I don't think you can knife someone if they're asleep/stunned. That's why I'm being very careful with conserving my suppressor. There are a bunch of other weapons hidden about; make sure you interrogate as many soldiers as you can, as they'll lead you to their locations. Sucks that you often have to give up your weapon to pickup a new one though.

I've made some good progress and was having a lot of fun (and took a shit load of new screenshots, uploading now), then I got killed and the checkpoint was a little far away so I turned it off.

Is it just me or does Ground Zeroes give very strong vibes of MGS1? The whole base-infilitration setting, with the winter, rats, and underground tunnel crawling... it's the most MGS1-like atmosphere from all the sequels. And I love it.

I suppose people expect a bigger leap between PS3/360 and PS4/XB1.

Even though, you know, we aren't even past 6 months with the new hardware.

Only having a few clips of ammo for each weapon and not being able to radio for supply drops has made things very interesting for me. Can't just tranquilize everybody that I run by. One of these days I'll pull off a No Reflex Mode/No Alerts run.

xkramz

Wow is xbo really 720p? Smh how can Ryse be 900p and being a much larger game. And a game like this be on 720p? Devs are getting too lazy...

Hattori

Banned
Wow is xbo really 720p? Smh how can Ryse be 900p and being a much larger game. And a game like this be on 720p? Devs are getting too lazy...
One is multiplatform and the other built from the ground up with the a specific console in mind. Also Ryse is 30fps only, whereas this is 60fps(on X1.)

wanders

Last-gen version looks great.

Current-gen graphics'll need to step their game up graphically to compete with the likes of Ryse and Infamous: Second Son.

True that

I adjusted my expectations when Kojima said next gen GZ/TPP would just be 1080/60. Didn't really expect better textures, etc.

xkramz

One is multiplatform and the other built from the ground up with the a specific console in mind. Also Ryse is 30fps only, whereas this is 60fps(on X1.)
Yeah I understand. But I have an xbox one only... I guess I'll pick this up when I get ps4 down the line =[

Man these are mindblowing considering they are coming off ps3 hardware. NEED MOAR CLOSE-UP SHOTS!

Your wish is my command :)

13206936294_36c69bcd1f_o.png

13206563755_0833007735_o.png

Dat sixpack

13206511285_7d7ffa5eef_o.png

13206532345_118d8ec753_o.png

13206665863_a13320690e_o.png

13206840774_d3a15d1d81_o.png

13206503465_1a23244edf_o.png

13206497975_9a089f82db_o.png

13206493075_0efb4c4e70_o.png

13206481835_8559ea8958_o.png

I love how dynamic the lighting is. Shame the shadows don't hold up.

I kept the above shots focused on Snake's model and from relatively early areas of the mission as not to spoil other locations. If you don't mind seeing more head over here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/adelgary/sets/72157642464645404/

Yeah I don't get how anyone finishes this in 2 hours, including all side missions! That's just insane. I've been playing for a few hours and I still haven't finished the first mission... although I'm finding this one harder than previous MGS games (or maybe I've just become rusty).

I don't think you can knife someone if they're asleep/stunned. That's why I'm being very careful with conserving my suppressor. There are a bunch of other weapons hidden about; make sure you interrogate as many soldiers as you can, as they'll lead you to their locations. Sucks that you often have to give up your weapon to pickup a new one though.

I've made some good progress and was having a lot of fun (and took a shit load of new screenshots, uploading now), then I got killed and the checkpoint was a little far away so I turned it off.

Is it just me or does Ground Zeroes give very strong vibes of MGS1? The whole base-infilitration setting, with the winter, rats, and underground tunnel crawling... it's the most MGS1-like atmosphere from all the sequels. And I love it.
I finally found another supressor'd gun in one of the locations (armory) given up by interrogating an enemy. I'm doing a mix of stealth and guns blazing at the moment. I've pretty much cleaned up the entire map of enemies and going forward with the mission checkpoints. I was expecting rust going back into MGS but it feels easier to me.

I have 3 hours exact playtime and just getting to what I think is the meat of this first mission. MGS fans who like to explore and play these games slow and find everything like me will find more than enough content here.

npa189

1-1.jpg

via reddit

Looks like we got a phantom pain release window folks. Just as I thought, bet my account on a 6/12/15 release date.

Vroadstar

For those worried that this game is too short, if you play the game like COD, guns blazing and all it will be short.

But if you've played Metal Gear before and play this game like other Metal Gear games, it's actually a good length. Plus you get all the side missions, XO patch collecting etc.

I mean, just interrogating each guard you encounter is fun, because you're anticipating what new secrets they will reveal.

Just my two cents....

npa189

For those worried that this game is too short, if you play the game like COD, guns blazing and all it will be short.

But if you've played Metal Gear before and play this game like other Metal Gear games, it's actually a good length. Plus you get all the side missions, XO patch collecting etc.

I mean, just interrogating each guard you encounter is fun, because you're anticipating what new secrets they will reveal.

Just my two cents....

That's what I always thought it would be, not to sound pretentious but most reviewers don't really seem to understand metal gear. Its about sneaking, not flat out murdering.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
So, around 365 days until The Phantom Pain. Hopefully less, but with KojiPro's perfectionism I guess it's gonna be slightly more.

Watching streamers play this the last couple of days was fucking painful. All of them were playing it like CoD and were constantly in full alert. Can't wait to get my own hands on it.

Can you not knock on a wall to get a guards attention? I'm finding that severely lacking here. I know you can throw mags but not the same.

Also just finished first mission

Rank E score of -15098. lmao. Yah that's right, minus!

Time of 208 minutes = -9999
6 enemy alerts = -1800
50 kills (woops) = -9999

I realllly took my time and killed everyone because I hate leaving guards asleep to be woken up later.

Can you not knock on a wall to get a guards attention? I'm finding that severely lacking here. I know you can throw mags but not the same.

Also just finished first mission

Rank E score of -15098. lmao.

Time 208 minutes = -9999
6 enemy alerts = -1800
50 kills (woops) = -9999

I'm 4.5 hours playtime and still in the first mission, haha.

Why don't you check the game manual for all the actions you can do and can't do.

Top Bottom