• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

raven777

mostly amazing shots for PS3, but this shot stands out bad..

13211234425_7cd5ae724e_o.png

One question: IF you want to see and do everything this demo has to offer, how much time are we talking about here?

5 hours?

Seems like the main game is like 2-2/12 hours. I guess the other stuff doubles the length. Correct?

Seems like the main game is like 2-2/12 hours. I guess the other stuff doubles the length. Correct?

From what I understand, Ground Zeroes is about an hour long, and there are five extra missions that come close to being as long as Ground Zeroes (each). I for one will be milking the game for all its worth, getting all trophies, and competing on the leaderboards.

mostly amazing shots for PS3, but this shot stands out bad..

13211234425_7cd5ae724e_o.png

To be fair and you're never supposed to or need to look at the ground like that in the game. It's not a first person shooter, and most of the time the camera is pulled back enough that the low res textures aren't an eyesore.

Spaghetti

really liking those daytime shots. the lighting is pretty realistic for an overcast day.

kind of wish shopto would break the street date, but the earliest they usually get things out is the day before release.

I saw this on Reddit and don't know if it's been posted here, but I'll say it anyways...

DON'T READ THE EXAMINER GROUND ZEROES REVIEW!!!

The review rips the game to shreds, calling it a scam and gives spoilers in the a couple of the paragraph. I assume it's because he wants people to not play it so he just doesn't fucking care. I managed to avoid it but he's getting ripped to shreds in the comments. Absolutely shameless by a reviewer. Just a heads up!

VulpX

I saw this on Reddit and don't know if it's been posted here, but I'll say it anyways...

The review rips the game to shreds, calling it a scam and gives spoilers in the a couple of the paragraph. I assume it's because he wants people to not play it so he just doesn't fucking care. I managed to avoid it but he's getting ripped to shreds in the comments. Absolutely shameless by a reviewer. Just a heads up!
Yeah, read it yesterday. It's not really a review, just 4 paragraphs of a couple of sentences each with the author ranting about the price, spoiling the ending and not even writing anything remotely resembling a review. And he's being a sarcastic asshole in the comments too.

Spaghetti

reads like clickbait to be honest.

kmax

Even though I agree that GZ is a demo, that examiner "review" is terrible. It's not really even a review, its a short, spoiler filled rant. Why spoil the ending? That's not how you do reviews.

Avoid it at all costs if you don't want to be spoiled.

Mononoke

Banned
I'll be getting this digitally on PSN. Can't wait. Funny enough, I'm actually looking forward to the short gameplay time. I've just been really busy lately, and at the age of 26, kind of in a gaming slump where I'm having a hard time dedicating a lot of my time to games. So playing shorter titles is actually really sweet. So this is coming at the perfect time for me.

Jubern

Just finished re-watching that "Peace Walker - The Movie" video to refresh my mind. Can't wait for the 20th... The game only comes out here on Thursday and I work pretty late, aaaaaaah.

terrier

i wish there was an 'upgrade' plan for this game, so i could pick it on PS3 and then for a reasonable price, update version to ps4 when i purchase it.

But i'll wait and pick it from the bargain bin later this year when i purchase my ps4.

I think all these theme arguments are going to be moot once we hear the full version of Sins of the Father. The part where she just throws her head back and belts out "OUR SALVATION LIIIIIIIIIES" is like God popping his head out of heaven to vibrato right into your ears.

WORDS THAT KILL

co1onel

They don't allow platinum trophies for downloadable content games, as far as I'm aware. Ground Zeroes fits that category better than it fits being a full retail release.

I've played plenty of download games on psn that have platinums, and those don't even have a physical retail release.

Alienous

I've played plenty of download games on psn that have platinums, and those don't even have a physical retail release.

It's a bit flakey, yes.

Resogun is platinum worthy. Ground Zeroes isn't. There are internal criteria they use to gauge that. I'd say they're right 98% of the time.

co1onel

It's a bit flakey, yes.

Resogun is platinum worthy. Ground Zeroes isn't. There are internal criteria they use to gauge that. I'd say they're right 98% of the time.

I don't see the argument. Ground Zeroes has a full retail physical release and somehow its not worthy of a platinum while resogun is? Doesn't make sense in my book.

Alienous

I don't see the argument. Ground Zeroes has a full retail physical release and somehow its not worthy of a platinum while resogun is? Doesn't make sense in my book.

Sony uses their own method to determine it. It's mathematical, so you can consider a game like Ground Zeroes in terms of its content. You have a limit of how many trophies of a certain type you can put into a game. So, Ground Zeroes can't just have "complete without killing anyone" requirements for all of the missions separately to bolster the trophy count, seemingly. If Ground Zeroes is unable to reach enough trophies on the basis of the content it has, then it is determined a "small scope game".

It's sort of bullshit, but it seems to apply to every game that isn't a Sony exclusive title.

And I think they got it right with Ground Zeroes. It is an experience closer to the Left Behind DLC of The Last of Us, than GTA V, for instance.

SJRB

Gold Member
Can we dial down the screenshots please? I mean, the game is short enough as it is, exploration is the only big selling point the game has left.

Sony uses their own method to determine it. It's mathematical, so you can consider a game like Ground Zeroes in terms of its content. You have a limit of how many trophies of a certain type you can put into a game. So, Ground Zeroes can't just have "complete without killing anyone" requirements for all of the missions separately to bolster the trophy count, seemingly. If Ground Zeroes is unable to reach enough trophies on the basis of the content it has, then it is determined a "small scope game".

It's sort of bullshit, but it seems to apply to every game that isn't a Sony exclusive title.

And I think they got it right with Ground Zeroes. It is an experience closer to the Left Behind DLC of The Last of Us, than GTA V, for instance.

That's a good point. Just weird, though. You know, games like Code: Veronica X HD and Resident Evil 4 HD have 1000G, but no Platinum. Guess this falls under the same category?

Top Bottom