• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I just saw Kojima explained why there's no Platinum trophy for Ground Zeroes, something I was very curious about:

Kojima Tweet said:
The reason GZ doesn't have Platinum Trophy in PS4 is due to SONY's regulation. They won't allow us to have them for non-full price game.
(ign)

Still seems like a weird bit of reasoning.

1. Sorry I don't have an answer to your question.

2. Approx. how long did it take to complete the additional missions?

I'll wrap it in spoiler tags just in case.

1st run for Ground Zero mission was about 1 hour and 40 min. Each additional mission was anywhere from 15min to 30 min on my first playthrough.

Typomancer

Neo Member
GameStops near me aren’t doing a midnight release for Ground Zeroes. Only 14 preorders (13 for PS4, 1 for Xbox One for those interested). I specifically walked there to preorder the PS4 version in order to play after midnight.

I still preordered from GameStop because Sony/Konami didn’t get their shit together and make it a digital day one thing on the PS4, and for the reversible cover art I guess. But I won’t be playing it tonight like I had hoped. Fuck me for wanting the PS4 version. It’s one of the reasons I got a PS4 so early in the first place; to play the next generation of Metal Gear Solid games as soon as possible.

Guess it’ll be more Planetside 2/Titanfall this evening while I wait.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
A game for The Boss has always seemed like the next logical step for the series. Koj has basically written Snake into a corner and god knows we've now seen enough of Big Boss in the 60's and 70's. It would either have to be a whole new arc (which would be bullshit) or go back even further and show what The Boss got up to during World War 2, but with that comes the risk of stagnating the character.

I think personally it would be ideal to marry the two. A whole new set of characters taking place in the early 20th Century during the time of The Philosopher's. Shit would be money.

Alienous

That's not correct though.

Aye, it's a content assessment.

You have to have a game that can justify the larger set of trophies, content-wise. And Playstation have some regulations regarding what can be a trophy, and how many of each type of trophy you're allowed (by that I mean trophies for completion, different difficulties etc). If you can't reach their internal parameters, and seemingly if you aren't a Playstation exclusive, they deem the game a "smaller content game" which come with a smaller trophy set.

How do you unlock that last side mission marked "????"

Collect the
XOF badges
. I might be able to PM you a link to where they are, if you just want to get to the mission. Some of the locations are clever, though. Challenging, navigation-wise.

dakun

Apologies if this has already been posted, but I just saw Kojima explained why there's no Platinum trophy for Ground Zeroes, something I was very curious about:

(ign)

Still seems like a weird bit of reasoning.

that's a reasoning that makes no sense.. considering Telltale Games products have Platinum Trophies.

Sotha_Sil

As a fan of the franchise, I want to see many more Metal Gear games in the future so I feel almost obligated to support the developer by buying the game. I think this is a common feeling among fans of any franchise. That said, I think we as fans have a responsibility to ourselves to think about what we want our favorite franchises to become. Our purchasing decisions, more than anything else, send a message to a company that the practices they are engaged in are accepted.By defending a bad practice online just because we like the franchise and want to see more of it, we’re actually doing the product a disservice.

Quoting from your article, I'm glad you put this in there. If this prologue is a success, I fear other publishers and developers may look to this model and start releasing games like this. It's a great way to get consumers to pay $90 for something they'd normally pay $60 for.

The Wal-Mart by my house is open 24 hours. Can I go in after midnight and pick it up (assuming they have it in stock) or do I have to wait till the morning for them to put it out?

Kojima is in France to celebrate the launch of GZ and do a ton of interviews, it seemed like he was just sightseeing Normandy Beach instead of proper location scouting.

I wouldn't hold my breathe in any case, my friend haha.

This is true. Please take deep breaths and remain calm. I don't want people injuring themselves on Hypothetical Pre-Pre-Hype.

But I still don’t know when the PS4 version will actually let me buy it. Price and “Add to cart” button is still not showing.

Did you pre-order in full? If not, grab it tomorrow if it never shows up on psn. If it shows up on psn you can always move your preorder to some other game you wanted to pick up in the future.

Typomancer

Neo Member
Did you pre-order in full? If not, grab it tomorrow if it never shows up on psn. If it shows up on psn you can always move your preorder to some other game you wanted to pick up in the future.

Doesn’t matter if I preordered it in full or not; if I can get it on PSN earlier, I will just cancel the preorder from GameStop. We’ll see.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Fuck u Sony and Peruvian retailers in not waiting and I'm not paying Peruvian over price, ps3 it is

Spazznid

I've got a PS4 copy on the way from amazon but if it hits PSN at midnight I may not be able to resist...

I feel the same way. I want that extra content, kind of, but it's not even much... I think I'll go to bed early, but then I'll get up early, and have to wait for the package to arrive between 2 PM and 7PM. I can't take it no mo!

Shawn6661

Gamekult.com Review : 5/10

+ balanced infiltration/action gameplay
+ acceptable graphics
+ enhanced IA
+ a desire to know more about the future MGS V

- insufficient content
- far too expensive
- no moment of bravery, boring side missions
- a rather limited open world

Alienous

Gamekult.com Review : 5/10

+ balanced infiltration/action gameplay
+ acceptable graphics
+ enhanced IA
+ a desire to know more about the future MGS V

- insufficient content
- far too expensive
- no moment of bravery, boring side missions
- a rather limited open world

I actually said "Lawd" out loud.

The pummeling Kojima, KojiPro and Konami are about to get can only make them stronger. It'll be a humbling experience, I'm sure.

The Wal-Mart by my house is open 24 hours. Can I go in after midnight and pick it up (assuming they have it in stock) or do I have to wait till the morning for them to put it out?

If they have it in stock, I usually ask an employee to fetch it from the back. It works every time for me. I'm planning on doing the exact same thing you are. Might wait until 1 or 2 just to give them the chance to put it out so I don't have to ask. Feels rude, you know?

I assume so. "Cool set piece", or something like that.

I had actually hoped that
the destruction of Mother Base
would be interactive in some way. Maybe
not in a grand scale, just have you pressing the trigger at points to save more soldiers than you would normally, so they could stick around as bonus personnel in Mother Base
? It would have evoked Peace Walker's sequences like
when you're on The Boss's horse, chasing after the titular mech, or occasionally having to shoot down drones or do CQC
, but maybe in the end it would have been too much work.

As an aside, can't wait for Phantom Pain reviews to dock points for starting off without any preamble when it's all in Ground Zeroes. Then again, people might not mind by then if it's massively discounted prior to TPP's release...

Top Bottom