• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

JJD

I'm horrible with time zones, how long until midnight guys?

Hopefully the digital version will be up by then.

People say this a lot but it seems like kind of an empty statement. Short game, sure. Slice of another game, absolutely. The distinction as that a demo does not result in something like GZ.

Then it's a demo+.

It has, on the average 1st playthrough, ~2hrs of gameplay and cinematics; plus a few short extra missions to pad it out so they can justify (in their minds) charging half the full game price.

I can't keep myself from killing people in this game! Every time I grab and interrogate an enemy, I give in to the urge and slit their throats, bonuses be damned! I might have a problem.

todd360

I can't keep myself from killing people in this game! Every time I grab and interrogate an enemy, I give in to the urge and slit their throats, bonuses be damned! I might have a problem.

People like you are the reason for the lack of a moment of bravery. You sicken me.

TheLight

Then it's a demo+.

It has, on the average 1st playthrough, ~2hrs of gameplay and cinematics; plus a few short extra missions to pad it out so they can justify (in their minds) charging half the full game price.

I've never played a demo with any of this. The whole pricing and length stigma is way hyperbolic.

They literally just cut a piece of a game and put it for sale, I don't care whether or not people think that's right or worth it, but calling it a demo or diminishing it based on length/price is pretty dismissive.

Nothing in this thread has really endorsed buying this, sounds pretty weak overall. This will be the first mgs I don't day one, will wait for a sale.

Lemondish

Those are US Marines you're slaughtering, right?

Somebody let the NSA know we have a 'merican killer here.

I've never played a demo with any of this. The whole pricing and length stigma is way hyperbolic.

They literally just cut a piece of a game and put it for sale, I don't care whether or not people think that's right or worth it, but calling it a demo or diminishing it based on length/price is pretty dismissive.

I played a Ninja Gaiden demo that was about an hour, had cinematics and an extra mission.

Korezo

It's in the tags a few posts above yours. criesofthepast asked.

How do I destroy the tank and helicopter in "Intel Operative Rescue"? I tried stun gunning the crap out of them but it didn't work, so I rocket blast them and ended up with 2 kills at the end of the mission.

Nothing in this thread has really endorsed buying this, sounds pretty weak overall. This will be the first mgs I don't day one, will wait for a sale.

Yeah I got excited but...money is tight. $30 on kojima awesome into my veins for about 5 hrs tops with replaying and everything included or save it and put it towards vastly longer Infamous SS. This game is kind of in a bad spot.

TheLight

I think Ninja Gaiden is only that long if you suck at it. Just sayin'

Which lends itself to the idea of subjective gaming experiences and play times. If you can dick around and waste time in a demo of NG, you can easily squeeze the same milk out of something like GZ.

Which lends itself to the idea of subjective gaming experiences and play times. If you can dick around and waste time in a demo of NG, you can easily squeeze the same milk out of something like GZ.

Personally, I'll be able to squeeze out a lot of playtime in GZ.

When MGS4, it was panned for having less gameplay than the cutscenes. But I fucked around with the guards so much my first playthrough was embarrassingly long. Then the second run had all those secret gadgets I could use, or the third or forth, whenever I got the points for shit like the "Sun Gun" (I forgot the name!)

Anyway, replay is different for almost every single person. Some people won't want to touch the game after they beat only the main story mode, and some people like me will do a stealth run, a gunnin' run, a mix of both, a no kill mode, etc.

cackhyena

Anyway, replay is different for almost every single person. Some people won't want to touch the game after they beat only the main story mode, and some people like me will do a stealth run, a gunnin' run, a mix of both, a no kill mode, etc.

I'll be the latter as well. S ranking, collecting, and going for best times.

Lingitiz

Personally, I'll be able to squeeze out a lot of playtime in GZ.

When MGS4, it was panned for having less gameplay than the cutscenes. But I fucked around with the guards so much my first playthrough was embarrassingly long. Then the second run had all those secret gadgets I could use, or the third or forth, whenever I got the points for shit like the "Sun Gun" (I forgot the name!)

I agree. I'll probably be replaying this quite a bit to get better rankings and just to mess around with the sandbox elements. I guess for people who don't like replaying games on harder difficulties or those who only care about the main story, this seems like a pretty poor value proposition. Personally, I've bought a bunch of games around the same price which I'm likely to get less playtime out of.

DrBo42

I'm at 62 percent.

Can't put the game down. Must have spent at least 8 to 9 hours on the game.

It's really hard to predict if the game will have the same effect on me and unfortunately that's the only way I could feel I'm getting my money's worth. I love Metal Gear, MGS was the first major mature game I played as a kid and cemented my love for video games. With that said the pricing and what's being offered here almost feels like a cash in on my relationship with the series. I'm so torn.

Typomancer

Neo Member
x6AEmjj.jpg

Still no add to cart button.

*eye twitch*

Ugh how do you roll again? I'm trying to get a collectible.

Collectible spoiler:

the xof patch that apparently falls of snake by rolling or something?

Edit: Nvm got it.

Its not as uncommon as you think.

I keep thinking about a game starring The Boss as a lead. E3 2017, a trailer of in game gameplay starts with a lone soldier on a airplane, equipment and other items on the plane are rumbling/rattling about. A light turns green and the soldier opens the door, peaks out, and then jumps out. The player is controlling where the solider goes, after diving through clouds a massive battle is seen, taking place on a beach and land. D-day is happening.

The player moves the soldier behind enemy lines and deploys their parachute. The player could've landed anywhere on land. The solider has a clean landing well past the battle. The solider takes off a mask, and it is revealed to be The Boss. The Sorrow through mind conversation says "quick landing my dear", and then The Boss replies "I don't keep people waiting."

THEN BOOM, Metal Gear Solid: Legacy of the Philosophers pops up on the screen.

Drop mic, pants will be shitted in, the Metal Gear fan base across the world rejoices for weeks.

I don't think The Boss would be doing a lot of parachuting out of airplanes when she was that late in her pregnancy.

Of course, but I'm assuming she arrived by boat or something a little more practical than jumping out of an airplane thousands of feet over the earth. :p

I don't want this. The few people I've talked to that have played it early tell me it's not worth it. I also don't have the money. But fuck if this goes up at midnight I know I'm gonna buy it :(

Sami+

I keep thinking about a game starring The Boss as a lead. E3 2017, a trailer of in game gameplay starts with a lone soldier on a airplane, equipment and other items on the plane are rumbling/rattling about. A light turns green and the soldier opens the door, peaks out, and then jumps out. The player is controlling where the solider goes, after diving through clouds a massive battle is seen, taking place on a beach and land. D-day is happening.

The player moves the soldier behind enemy lines and deploys their parachute. The player could've landed anywhere on land. The solider has a clean landing well past the battle. The solider takes off a mask, and it is revealed to be The Boss. The Sorrow through mind conversation says "quick landing my dear", and then The Boss replies "I don't keep people waiting."

Drop mic, pants will be shitted in, the Metal Gear fan base across the world rejoices for weeks.

I would pay so much money for this.

Lemondish

I do. I don't suck at MGS though so I guess this is a 50 minute game for me, to get 100%.

If I take a break at some point to eat a sandwich. Slowly.

I guess your playtime will depend on what kind of sandwich.

Stick a roast beef sammy in front of me and I'll devour that thing in seconds. Egg salad, though? That'll take the better part of a night.

How do I destroy the tank and helicopter in "Intel Operative Rescue"? I tried stun gunning the crap out of them but it didn't work, so I rocket blast them and ended up with 2 kills at the end of the mission.

I would like to know too. I know you have to destroy the tank but its difficult to do that with the extra stunned bodies around.

Lemondish

WW2 MGS?

I just jizzed. In my pants. If this doesn't happen, I'm coming for you.

no pun intended

Top Bottom