• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

FrankWza

If they have it in stock, I usually ask an employee to fetch it from the back. It works every time for me. I'm planning on doing the exact same thing you are. Might wait until 1 or 2 just to give them the chance to put it out so I don't have to ask. Feels rude, you know?

Telling someone to fetch is rude unless you're from U.K. having them get it right at midnight is fine.

JayEH

The ps4 version just appeared on the us psn store, no price yet though.

I don't think it's in the store's system yet. I think they just have a page for it on the store to let you know it exists.

I mean they have a Mercenary Kings page up on the store but that game doesn't even have a release date.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a midnight release. We'll most likely have to wait until the store officially updates sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Mr. RHC

Qn5m7Z3.png

Nibel: A legendary hero once known by the codename "Big Ninty".

Dat avatar!

damn-good-stuff-sir.gif

FrankWza

Hahaha well I didn't mean literally :3
Hahaha ;)

I don't think it's in the store's system yet. I think they just have a page for it on the store to let you know it exists.

I mean they have a Mercenary Kings page up on the store but that game doesn't even have a release date.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a midnight release. We'll most likely have to wait until the store officially updates sometime tomorrow afternoon.

I wouldn't worry. The word is that on PS4 games have been showing up just after midnight.

If they have it in stock, I usually ask an employee to fetch it from the back. It works every time for me. I'm planning on doing the exact same thing you are. Might wait until 1 or 2 just to give them the chance to put it out so I don't have to ask. Feels rude, you know?

The Wal-Mart in my city used to be open 24 hours and I did this all the time. Nights like tonight with releases like this make me sad it no longer is.

Man... I wanted this but my buddy who is a huge MGS fan just finished this up and told me not to waste my money. Took him about 50 minutes or so he said, although he did say they were a good 50 minutes.

torred

Neo Member

You're probably right. I'll keep the store page in the background and refresh it once in awhile just in case.

You're probably right. I'll keep the store page in the background and refresh it once in awhile just in case.

Exactly what I'm doing, hahaha.

I posted this before, its quite depressing that we don't have the same level of service as Steam on these new consoles, no release time, pre-loading or any details like this beforehand.

Bullshit, not even for inFamous Second Son, no details.

todd360

I'm planning to buy this tomorrow for some reason. My mind is telling me no but my heart is telling me omg dat reversible art.

Are 24-hour Walmarts (for example) receptive to people coming in at midnight for games being released the "next" day? Are they allowed to get it before they're told to put it out? I've never tried outside of a store-sanctioned midnight event.

Erigu

I really want to make an off-color joke about the French and moments of bravery, but that would be insensitive.
A bit tired, too, perhaps.

(and of course, somebody's already explained the "moment de bravoure" expression earlier... it's just an action setpiece that particularly stands out)

Are 24-hour Walmarts (for example) receptive to people coming in at midnight for games being released the "next" day? Are they allowed to get it before they're told to put it out? I've never tried outside of a store-sanctioned midnight event.

Yes, but it will depend entirely on the employee(s) working. Sometimes they're lazy and will just say that they haven't unboxed it and would have to go through them, but some of them will be like yeah it's in one of these boxes let's have a look-see.

A bit tired, too, perhaps.

(and of course, somebody's already explained the "moment de bravoure" expression earlier... it's just an action setpiece that particularly stands out)

Yeah. I groan when people make the same joke. But it was right there. I don't get too many easy shots.

FrankWza

They might be in the game case already. Someone posted a picture of a copy in a walmart store the other day.if it's scanned before release date it won't allow the cashier to sell. So you should be fine after 12.

Shawn6661

I know you all love french reviews so : Gamekyo.com : 4/10

+ the MGS touch
+ impeccable graphics
+ the new possibilities
+ many ways to do things
+ great directing
+ if you want the S rank...
+ at least, we want to know more about the scenario

- shameful lifespan
- lame bonus
- two new cutscenes, including one new...
- ...of which the 3/4 have been see in trailers
- we miss David Hayter
- the price of course

LOL, at around 3:15 they show Ludvig Forsell, the co composer along with Harry Gregson Williams. A rough translation of his first few lines are "Hello, Hello, Hello (technically saying thank you, sort of but w/e), hello everyone (in Swedish) and how do you do? I am Kojima Production's weird/funny white guy, Ludo (a simpler way of saying Ludvig, since it would be hard to pronounce for a Japanese person)! *something something something* He says something about Sweden (as a giant text pop-up labels him as Swedish) *something something* music *something* pleased to meet you!

It's obvious he is talking in an intentionally off accent and his "DOMO DOMO DOMO/HELLO HELLO HELLO" is completely over the top. Sort of funny seeing a foreign guy working at Kojipro, ultimately I'd like to work at a Japanese video game company, but it may not be practical.

torred

Neo Member
Exactly what I'm doing, hahaha.

I posted this before, its quite depressing that we don't have the same level of service as Steam on these new consoles, no release time, pre-loading or any details like this beforehand.

Bullshit, not even for inFamous Second Son, no details.

Yeah they should really look into improving the store. I think they mentioned somewhere on the official blog that infamous will be available to download at midnight I might be wrong though.

I don't care how others feel about it. I just hope I love it. I have a gut feeling that this will be the first MGS title to leave me disappointed...

How do I calm my hype and keep my expectations low?

LeBart

Gamekult is notoriously harsh, a 5 is not necessarily a terrible score, and the dude who wrote the Gameblog review is notoriously a phony in love with everything Kojima does. His MGS4 review was like 14 pages long or something. I wouldn't trust that guy.
So yeah, I'm gonna wait for other reviews.

Edit: Oh hey, Gamekyo review!

on the whole argument of this being a demo...i am not even calling it a game myself anymore. I compare it to the epilogue and prologue of dead rising 2(which u had to pay separately for). Even though it is 30 dollars, i havent built myself up for the hype of a normal mgs game

Mature

Wait... are you telling me GZ doesn't feature -any- moments of bravery? To think I was about to be suckered into buying this.

Alienous

LOL, at around 3:15 they show Ludvig Forsell, the co composer along with Harry Gregson Williams. A rough translation of his first few lines are "Hello, Hello, Hello (technically saying thank you, sort of but w/e), hello everyone (in Swedish) and how do you do? I am Kojima Production's weird/funny white guy, Ludo (a simpler way of saying Ludvig, since it would be hard to pronounce for a Japanese person)! *something something something* He says something about Sweden (as a giant text pop-up labels him as Swedish) *something something* music *something* pleased to meet you!

It's obvious he is talking in an intentionally off accent and his "DOMO DOMO DOMO/HELLO HELLO HELLO" is completely over the top. Sort of funny seeing a foreign guy working at Kojipro, ultimately I'd like to work at a Japanese video game company, but it may not be practical.

Lol at "Henna Gaijin composer".

jett

D-Member
Man.. fuck examiner.

Who the fuck spoils the ending of the game in the first paragraph of the review? And the review is just complaining about the games length.

Anyone has that watched the MGSV trailers can easily piece together how this thing ends, to be honest.

Top Bottom