• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
So that's how the reviews are going to go?

Reputable site - The game is great, a technical achievement, some might find it too expensive and it could be longer. 8/10
Site no one's heard of - The game is great, a technical achievement, some might find it too expensive and it could be longer. 4/10

Dysun

after Uncharted 3, never again. Took them 45 minutes to find the box it was in. I just stood there awkwardly watching employees run around like headless chickens trying to find it

I've picked up Pokemon and GTA V recently without issue, but those games were a bit more hyped. Not sure if they will have these ready

Anybody else going to stroll through Wal-Mart at midnight?

Yes!! Only one GameStop in my area will be open at midnight, and it's about fifteen miles away. Walmart is less than two from where I live.
I want to play this game as soon as possible. Setting up my capture card for streaming right now! :)
Maybe we should have some sort of Ground Zeroes friend list to keep up with each other on the leaderboards, no?

Mononoke

Banned
x6AEmjj.jpg

Still no add to cart button.

*eye twitch*

Isn't there a way to pre-order the digital version? I've never done this before on PS4, but where do you go do that? Or can you not do that.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's only for certain games featured on PSN (such as Infamous).

Anybody else going to stroll through Wal-Mart at midnight?

Walmart screwed me over on launch night for PS4 so no, but I called the Meijer down the street and they said they'll have GZ ready to go at midnight, so I'm gonna get my copy there.

The 24/7 Meijer almost always comes through because no one ever thinks about going there. Got GTA V at midnight there as well.

Im going to wal-mart, I will force them to get it if need be.

I have to play this tonight, I go away on business all week. Luckily this is a game I can actually finish before going to bed.

FrankWza

What is the companion app for? I thought all the base-building stuff was for Phantom Pain?

There's base building and mission select in this app. I don't have the game to sync bbut once you sync you can upgrade your mother base without the game. Also second screen functionality

Edit:

Actually it looks like you don't need the game and you can play some type of missions but when you sync the game you unlock more content

Typomancer

Neo Member
Isn't there a way to pre-order the digital version? I've never done this before on PS4, but where do you go do that? Or can you not do that.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's only for certain games featured on PSN (such as Infamous).

Once the store updates the page with an add to cart button, then we’ll be free to get it. If it updates at midnight or not is what’s got me in a total fit right now.

I am even considering taking a trip to Walmart if I won’t be able to download this from PSN tonight, and I don’t think I’ve done anything as desperate as that for a game.

Shit. My 24 hour Wal-Mart said they only received 1 copy of Ground Zeroes for Xbox One. I gotta be sure to get there right at 12:01 to snag it up.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So that's how the reviews are going to go?

Reputable site - The game is great, a technical achievement, some might find it too expensive and it could be longer. 8/10
Site no one's heard of - The game is great, a technical achievement, some might find it too expensive and it could be longer. 4/10

To be honest even though I'm getting the game I think we need more 4/10 reviews in this industry. Too often is only one side of the scale used. 5 should be average.

co1onel

Everyone is worried about whether the PS4 version will go up at midnight. I'm probably the only one wondering if the xbox version will go up at midnight.

JayEH

Everyone is worried about whether the PS4 version will go up at midnight. I'm probably the only one wondering if the xbox version will go up at midnight.

If it does goes up, it'll be at 12 AM PST. Titanfall was available then but I don't know if that was an exception or not.

I saw this on Reddit and don't know if it's been posted here, but I'll say it anyways...

DON'T READ THE EXAMINER GROUND ZEROES REVIEW!!!

The review rips the game to shreds, calling it a scam and gives spoilers in the a couple of the paragraph. I assume it's because he wants people to not play it so he just doesn't fucking care. I managed to avoid it but he's getting ripped to shreds in the comments. Absolutely shameless by a reviewer. Just a heads up!

EXAMINER has that problem, sadly. They do have a bad rep in cases like that. There are some good freelance writers for TV show reviews however.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
is the game DS4 compatible on PS3?

Andodalf

Banned
i dont think MS has done a digital midnight release ever

Edit: guess im wrong nvm

They do for DLC at least. I remember buying the Halo Reach 343 dlc at midnight, and there being no matchmaking for it yet! I just played hastily thrown together custom games with forum people. Good times. Legitimately more fun than I had with the matchmaking.

co1onel

Somehow I missed this post earlier.

Yuh, sorta. It's based on how Sony breaks up their regions. For instance, PSN US is all one region, so it goes up Midnight EST.

Sure will be. But their servers are set up differently, so Midnight on all time zones. (Once again, I can only comment to North America and parts of South America)

So I guess xbox version is going up at midnight. Confirmed PS4 midnight release too, I guess we all missed it.

Top Bottom