• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

MilkBeard

Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow at 10:00am along with Final Fantasy X. I'm still eat/sleep/drinking Dark Souls 2, but I'll take some time to play this game for sure. I have the next three days off.

Bring it on, Joakim Mogren!

Gahhhhhh!

I am so torn between getting it digitally in HOPEFULLY 20 minutes or getting a physical copy in the morning when Wal-Mart open at 7am.

I have a tough time breaking from physical copies, convince me otherwise!!!

Bsigg12

Gahhhhhh!

I am so torn between getting it digitally in HOPEFULLY 20 minutes or getting a physical copy in the morning when Wal-Mart open at 7am.

Do you plan on replaying the game a few times? If so, digital would be fine. If not, and you plan on 100% it once and being done, physical so you can trade/sell it in and get some money back for it.

Also, I believe only physical copies get the free mission for the respective consoles. Someone correct if I'm wrong there.

Gahhhhhh!

I'm the same way but I'm going digital to get it now but I know eventually they'll have a bundle with a bunch of the games so I'll get a physical copy then

Do you plan on replaying the game a few times? If so, digital would be fine. If not, and you plan on 100% it once and being done, physical so you can trade/sell it in and get some money back for it.

I don't trade anything, I do lend however. I have about 4 bookshelves of games from all generations, its more a habit than anything.

Joeki11a

Banned
I just want to know how long the main story is and is the game worth a full $30? planning on buying for ps4. Can anyone tell me?

I saw some stream on Twitch...

First cutscene is like 20 minutes then the guy

Got banned

If we go by that I say

2 hours of cutscenes

1 hour of actual gameplay

I just want to know how long the main story is and is the game worth a full $30? planning on buying for ps4. Can anyone tell me?

The "main story" is in fact about 1-2 hours long from all accounts.

However, the "main story" is just one of 6 missions in the game. So just running through all the missions on normal should be a good 5 hours, then if you dig into getting collectibles and/or completing the missions all on hard you've got about 10 hours of gameplay, it sounds like.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Got banned

If we go by that I say

2 hours of cutscenes

Its more like 30 minutes or less of cutscenes. Final cutscene is 10 minutes. Opening is second longest. Not much in between.

The tapes are another story.

Mik2121

Sick at home and playing the mother base game on the idroid app.
I assume when I connect to my PS4 all the data will transfer, or is it going to get overwritten and have to start anew?

Mononoke

Banned
I really am hoping this comes out in 4 minutes. Been waiting a long time for this one. Just sitting here playing Persona 4 Golden (dungeon crawling) waiting for this to update on PSN.

Got banned

If we go by that I say

2 hours of cutscenes

Let me correct that. 3 long cutscenes, one of them is a full trailer we already saw. The other ones match their length together. 25 mins of gameplay in total in between them.

It took me 48 minutes to finish the GZ mission with a couple of deaths because of the shitty camera and some roaming.

Thankfully it was a friend copy, i´m not paying for this at even $10.

TopGun

Banned
Is there footage of someone playing with all the handholdy options turned off?

Not to my knowledge, no. But here's basically what happens. The white bar when you're in view grows more intense until you hear "INTRUDER". Boom. Alert mode.

Or, looking through binoculars, you take a look at the enemy and move on remembering their position or guessing where they're are now.

they should have it tomorrow, the ps3 and 360 versions that is. Dont think they are getting next gen versions of anything yet

They still haven't expanded their test areas for PS4 rentals yet, have they?

Anyway, I'm fine paying 2 or 4 dollars for this, like I did with Dead Rising Case Zero or whatever that was called.

DrBo42

Let me correct that. 3 long cutscenes, one of them is a full trailer we already saw. The other ones match their length together. 25 mins of gameplay in total in between them.

It took me 48 minutes to finish the GZ mission with a couple of deaths because of the shitty camera and some roaming.

Fuck. That's pretty terrible.

Thought I would be enjoying this tomorrow, but the Microsoft store has my order status as backorder. At first I thought it was due to the "GAF discount".

-COOLIO-

The Everyman

wow

Linconan

*sigh...

Just got told from Sony Australia, Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes on PSN digital Download "won't" be available till the 27th as well.

*RAGE*.................................................................

Mik2121

Fuck. That's pretty terrible.
Depends on who you ask you're going to get different answers. Some people like to spend more time playing slowly. I know one guy here spent like 3 hours or something on the first mission. Then you get all the side missions and all the hard mode stuff.

If you're a MGS fan, I'd say it seems to be worth it...

Top Bottom