• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Felsparrow

Neo Member
So wait, this is just one long mission right?

I think I'll wait for reviews, and probably all the used copies that will show up.

But then again, it's a new generation of consoles, and this is one of the showpiece games for it.

Boke1879

While we all knew it was short. I think a LOT of people are about to be upset at the length of this. Konami I think really fucked up by doing this. People are going to be pissed.

I sense a lot of returns.

Not a problem, it's happened to me before. I really appreciate you letting me know that the website updates quicker than the PS4. That might be common info, but I didn't know this.

Its really good for releases that drop when the store updates at 5pm or whatever, sometimes they appear hours in advance.

malfcn

Let me correct that. 3 long cutscenes, one of them is a full trailer we already saw. The other ones match their length together. 25 mins of gameplay in total in between them.

It took me 48 minutes to finish the GZ mission with a couple of deaths because of the shitty camera and some roaming.

Thankfully it was a friend copy, i´m not paying for this at even $10.

I don't understand why it's so short.

Mononoke

Banned
Not that I see. I have my ps4 and xbox one snapped together and neither one are updated in the store.

Ah, I took his comment as it was on Xbox One, so he was tempted to just cave in and get it on that instead. Lol I guess I shouldn't make assumptions.

WELL THEN, going to just put another hour into Persona 4 and check back in an hour.

beastmode

Not to my knowledge, no. But here's basically what happens. The white bar when you're in view grows more intense until you hear "INTRUDER". Boom. Alert mode.

Or, looking through binoculars, you take a look at the enemy and move on remembering their position or guessing where they're are now.
I've seen the game played with default settings but I want to track my prey with Snake's own eyes. Seriously dislike the white bar as well. The subtle lens flare effect and slow-mo when in enemy sights seems like fair-enough hints. Good cinematography too.

In the other thread it seems to be up on the Brazilian Live store #wth

Wowza, lucky guys.
Ah, I took his comment as it was on Xbox One, so he was tempted to just cave in and get it on that instead. Lol I guess I shouldn't make assumptions.

WELL THEN, going to just put another hour into Persona 4 and check back in an hour.
Yeah, that's probably for the best. It'll probably be on the store at 0300 EST.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Christ, is there at least a massive set of VR-like missions to challenge and progress through?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Amazon copy is still showing as not shipped even though I got release date delivery...

Am I fucked?

Questions about the Deja Vu mission

How do you recreate the soldier and the tank and the dark background scenes?
I'm trying to figure that out myself. And the logos. My god this mission is amazing there is so much shit to find I'm one hour in and still haven't done it all.
Dude there is a ton here. I refuse to believe any MGS fan would get only 2 hours out of this game. If you aren't an MGS fan then I'd say pass. There is easily 6-10 hours of stuff here.

How is the Phantom Pain bonus DLC handled, it's just a code you put into the Konami website right? I'm worried about region stuff since I'll probably end up getting it from the US PS store because of the stupid AU/NZ delay.

will the deja vu mission be uninteresting for people who were never really fond of mgs1. I just watched a playthrough of it before i played the other ones. I couldnt get into the controls, so i just wanted the story. Will i find enjoyment out of it at all

Boke1879

It´s a prologue, that´s why.

IMO what makes it worse it´s the fact that is 100% predictable, everything that happens in this prologue it´s already on the trailers or was easily guessed by fans.

It pretty much comes down to Konami forcing Kojima and company to put out a product because they literally have nothing else coming out. I think they would have been ok if they charged like 10 bucks for this thing. At $30 you're going to have a lot of pissed off customers.

Lots of trade ins and lots of people asking for refunds if they bought this digitally. I sense I HUGE shitstorm about to hit Konami and Kojima in the coming weeks.

malfcn

How is the Phantom Pain bonus DLC handled, it's just a code you put into the Konami website right? I'm worried about region stuff since I'll probably end up getting it from the US PS store because of the stupid AU/NZ delay.
Code in box. But sure who handles it. From what I saw it just makes the have easier.

Mik2121

That really makes me happy as a fan. Thanks for the positive input!
Check the last 10 pages or so. You'll see a bunch of guys that finished the game and most of their impressions are great.

As someone else said though, for a MGS fan it will probably last many hours, but for someone who isn't a fan it might feel too short.

They are banking on this having high replayability ...
And thats what I'm most interested to find out about from reviews and GAF impressions (after, say, a week).

Is this bringing something new to the table in terms of replayability? Is it the most replayable MGS scenario so far? Is the environment interactive enough, and your toolkit of gear and moves diverse enough to allow for very different experiences even with the same objective on the same map?

That's key to me anyhow, and key to the idea of this being worth a standalone product premium price and not just a single level of a game surgically removed, polished, put out early and oversold.

JayEH

I'm hearing reports that its up. Where are people buying it? Website or on console? It still hasn't updated for me.

Dysun

Got the 8th (and last) copy at Wal-Mart. That was a close call since there were 9 guys in line but one of them wanted it for Xbox One, which they had none of.

Top Bottom