• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Erban1

Next time specify what’s up, because the PS4 version is not (not available to purchase, even).

At this point all I can hope for is that it is available for purchase by 3:00AM PDT.

Sorry...was up briefly
xapJqWL.jpg

Questions about the Deja Vu mission

How do you recreate the soldier and the tank and the dark background scenes?
You figure it out yet? And did you get the

Easter Island Moai head one too? Those are the only two I need. I'm also trying to find every other secret like the spotlights with the kojima logos and the metal gear logos which I don't quite get yet. I think there is an order to them I've removed a few of them so far.

Still not seeing it on the store. Those that are seeing it, what time zone are you in?

Not seeing it on PSN website or the store on PS4. Don't see it on the Bone store either.

JayEH

Still not seeing it on the store. Those that are seeing it, what time zone are you in?

Not seeing it on PSN website or the store on PS4. Don't see it on the Bone store either.

I bought it from the Playstation iOS App. I'm EST, there are reports that west coast is downloading it as well.

You figure it out yet? And did you get the

Easter Island Moai head one too? Those are the only two I need. I'm also trying to find every other secret like the spotlights with the kojima logos and the metal gear logos which I don't quite get yet. I think there is an order to them I've removed a few of them so far.

is the deja vu mission enjoyable for someone who didnt play mgs1, i just watched a playthrough for the story

molnizzle

So is there good "MGS 1-4 in five minutes" video? I played and loved MGS 1 and 2 (well, I played 2, at least), but I never finished 3, 4 or Peace Walker.

is the deja vu mission enjoyable for someone who didnt play mgs1, i just watched a playthrough for the story
I'd still say so. I've spent over an hour and close to two trying to figure out everything. I'm lost at the moment on an empty map cause I've killed everyone and I'm just roaming around trying to piece things together. If you are an MGS fan even if you didn't play MGS1 I'd say it is still a fun mission.

Downloading now from Ontario, Canada!

It was $29.99 too! That sold me on getting it digital since retail it is $34.99, plus I had $6 left in my wallet, no tax either. So almost half the price then buying it in store tomorrow.

Cost me $24 with the money I had there, while in store tomorrow would be $40 with tax.

Imm0rt4l

Which universe do you enjoy more?
I dunno. I love Metal Gear as a series, but there are a lot of things I really dislike about the direction from mgs2 to 4, the series has a special place for me. TLoU is one game though, but that one game I consider to be a masterpiece.

Gaz_RB

So is there good "MGS 1-4 in five minutes" video? I played and loved MGS 1 and 2 (well, I played 2, at least), but I never finished 3, 4 or Peace Walker.

lol 5 minutes. Maybe 30 minutes.

I dunno. I love Metal Gear as a series, but their are a lot of things I really dislike about the direction from mgs2 to 4, the series has a special place for me. TLoU is one game though, but that one game I consider to be a masterpiece.

Left Behind was great, and TLOU is one of my all time favorite games.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Here's a really dumb question about the opening cutscene...Chico has those in-ear headphone buds, but isn't this the 70's? Did portable tape players even exist then, let alone earbuds?

Damn, bruh. These Walmart employees sure are taking their sweet ass time getting the game out of the back!! I almost expect one to come out with the game and say "Kept you waiting, huh?"

Pop

Damn, bruh. These Walmart employees sure are taking their sweet ass time getting the game out of the back!! I almost expect one to come out with the game and say "Kept you waiting, huh?"

It took Wal-Mart employees 45 mins to find Dark Souls II for me. Guess what, it was right under the counter the whole time. :I

Typomancer

Neo Member
Here's a really dumb question about the opening cutscene...Chico has those in-ear headphone buds, but isn't this the 70's? Did portable tape players even exist then, let alone earbuds?

Nanomachines, son. Kojima always brings in futuristic tech into time periods it shouldn’t exist.

cackhyena

They are fudging the timeline a bit, but Walkmans and ear buds came out in the late seventies, I believe.

Well, I've been playing twenty minutes now, and haven't done anything except loot at various objects and have miller comment on them through the radio lol. Having fun just doing that. The reviewer who beat this game in 25 minutes was obviously doing it wrong, and missed half of what makes mgs games fun IMO.

Holy moly, that's over an hour of video!

I was really hoping for the Cliff's Notes... surely I'm not the only one in this position! Heh.
Good luck.

This is the same series that offered up a digital app on the PS3 to keep track of names, dates, places, timelines, conspiracies, body doubles and clones and neurotoxins and holy shit is the world of MGS hilariously impenetrable for those of us joining in late.

For what its worth I loved every bit of MGS 4 even though I knew nothing of the world's intrigues. They tend to echo past moments so while you my not know all the details you can pick up a great deal from context and dialogue.

Its like starting to watch a soap opera - after a short while all the various intrigues will make sense. They'll make *a* sense anyhow ;p

co1onel

The giant advanced AI robots didn't really exist during the 70s either :/

Its just MGS

Spoiler for Tank photo in deja vu. Finally figured it out!!!

get a grenade in one of the armory rooms and throw a grenade into the open tank door on the top. Climb on nearby shack for easier aiming.

Good luck.

This is the same series that offered up a digital app on the PS3 to keep track of names, dates, places, timelines, conspiracies, body doubles and clones and neurotoxins and holy shit is the world of MGS hilariously impenetrable for those of us joining in late.

For what its worth I loved every bit of MGS 4 even though I knew nothing of the world's intrigues. They tend to echo past moments so while you my not know all the details you can pick up a great deal from context and dialogue.

Its like starting to watch a soap opera - after a short while all the various intrigues will make sense. They'll make *a* sense anyhow ;p

You know, I have beat MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, and MGS4 and I still don't have my head wrapped around the entire story. Trying to completely understand the Metal Gear universe, its stories, characters, their motivations, is not something that comes easily. I am just saying the story doesn't exactly make sense to me, but I love the world, I love what I do understand, and that is why I play all the games to completion.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Well, I've been playing twenty minutes now, and haven't done anything except loot at various objects and have miller comment on them through the radio lol. Having fun just doing that. The reviewer who beat this game in 25 minutes was obviously doing it wrong, and missed half of what makes mgs games fun IMO.
Exactly, any mgs fan knows there's always little activities to obsess over, and bee-lining the critical path is not the way to play this series at all. Its about discovering every detail.

Btw, I wasn't a fan of Skull Face's voice actor when I just started. Sounded pretty flat in that first scene, hope that was just that moment.

You know, I have beat MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, and MGS4 and I still don't have my head wrapped around the entire story. Trying to completely understand the Metal Gear universe, its stories, characters, their motivations, is not something that comes easily. I am just saying the story doesn't exactly make sense to me, but I love the world, I love what I do understand, and that is why I play all the games to completion.

I've been a huge MGS fan for 16 years and I still find out new things when I replay the games. Sometimes my friends would ask me really obscure questions about the series and I wouldn't know what to say. The story's so convoluted but I love it so much.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
can I use a ds4 on the ps3 version?

abrack08

They're claiming they don't even have the game at my local Walmart. I was hopeful when I saw a group of people in electronics but they're here for the Frozen DVD release apparently. But MGS isn't in any of the game racks and supposedly isn't in the back. Fuck.

Top Bottom