• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

They're claiming they don't even have the game at my local Walmart. I was hopeful when I saw a group of people in electronics but they're here for the Frozen DVD release apparently. But MGS isn't in any of the game racks and supposedly isn't in the back. Fuck.

Oh, my God. Same... About to head to another Walmart. I am freaking out. :-(

Went to two walmarts. First one only had the Xbone version on display and no PS4. Second one the lady didn't bother to check like expected. She said it was coming out next week. Sigh, I guess I'll wait till GS opens to get my preorder.

molnizzle

Good luck.

This is the same series that offered up a digital app on the PS3 to keep track of names, dates, places, timelines, conspiracies, body doubles and clones and neurotoxins and holy shit is the world of MGS hilariously impenetrable for those of us joining in late.

For what its worth I loved every bit of MGS 4 even though I knew nothing of the world's intrigues. They tend to echo past moments so while you my not know all the details you can pick up a great deal from context and dialogue.

Its like starting to watch a soap opera - after a short while all the various intrigues will make sense. They'll make *a* sense anyhow ;p

Yeah, fuck all these videos then. Ain't nobody got time for that.

My download just finished anyway, might as well just jump in cold. Time to see what this here Big Boss dude is all about.

Exactly, any mgs fan knows there's always little activities to obsess over, and bee-lining the critical path is not the way to play this series at all. Its about discovering every detail.

Btw, I wasn't a fan of Skull Face's voice actor when I just started. Sounded pretty flat in that first scene, hope that was just that moment.

I agree.

Sounded pretty cheesy. The guards sound better than him. Still getting used to snake's new voice, but it's certainly not bad at all. Just different.

Damn, this is taking forever to download. PS4 say's I do about 12MB down and regardless it's going slow as balls.

Just restarted my playstation and it went from 80 minutes left to 25 minutes left. Much better.

For those having issues at Wal Marts, they must be lazy or lying because I live in a small Northern town in Ontario, Canada with only 100,000 people and they have had their copies for almost a week.

Went to two walmarts. First one only had the Xbone version on display and no PS4. Second one the lady didn't bother to check like expected. She said it was coming out next week. Sigh, I guess I'll wait till GS opens to get my preorder.

They're claiming they don't even have the game at my local Walmart. I was hopeful when I saw a group of people in electronics but they're here for the Frozen DVD release apparently. But MGS isn't in any of the game racks and supposedly isn't in the back. Fuck.

For those having issues at Wal Marts, they must be lazy or lying because I live in a small Northern town in Ontario, Canada with only 100,000 people and they have had their copies for almost a week.

It must be that they're lazy or just don't really understand.

Ironically, I found a copy of Second Son at one walmart. The computer blocked the sale though :/

They were going to call the manager, but I didn't want to get anyone in trouble if they sold it to me.

FIX THIS SHIT DICE
ibjDPNY12IhH7T.gif

Linconan

Stuff it.
Just bought one on Ebay, and getting it Expressed. Should be here tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Fair enough delaying Hard Copies for whatever reason..
But why even delay the PSN Digital Download for Aussies. Seriously?!
SMH

Kiefer's voice is going to take a while to get use to. Too bad this game is short so there wont be much to listen apart from the audio logs.

After the credits of Deja Vu is amazing. Like the best thing ever.

Spoiler:
I got all the trivia questions right. :D

Final play time 8 hours and 25 minutes. With 26% completion. So...yeah.

Kiefer's voice is going to take a while to get use to. Too bad this game is short so there wont be much to listen apart from the audio logs.

I think so especially since I've watched a solid 35 hours of that MGS Stream and have listened to Hayter that entire time, it's gonna be a bit weird to hear Kiefer. I'm sure he does a fine job though.

Caved in and bought this for old gen instead of waiting to buy a PS4.
Played every game but peace walker religiously. Can somebody fill me in on PW?

EDIT: Also do PSN digital games unlock at 12 AM or 3 AM? PST here

abrack08

It must be that they're lazy or just don't really understand.

Ironically, I found a copy of Second Son at one walmart. The computer blocked the sale though :/

They were going to call the manager, but I didn't want to get anyone in trouble if they sold it to me.

The lady had no idea what I was talking about, but she was super nice. These two huge dudes covered in tattoos threw a temper tantrum like a kid because they were out of the special box set of frozen. One of them kicked over a stool and knocked a bunch of baby clothes off a stand. What a dick.

The employee actually called 2 other walmarts and neither had it. So that's 3 in the Austin area that probably don't have it. At the Walmart I was at, they said the only box they had in the back was marked for release on the 27th. So either they also don't have Infamous yet, or whoever went to look didn't know where to look. Pretty disappointed, I would just download but I want that reverse cover art

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Holy fucking shit. This and 60fps looks amazing. I'm in awe.

(not a PC gamer here)
I'm gonna sound ridiculous to a lot of people here, but the cutscenes in 60fps don't feel right. I wouldn't mind seeing them in 30fps just to tell if they work better, but anything staged cinematically that's that fluid just looks off to me.

Just got back from Wal-Mart. Electronics section was deserted at midnight so I got the one and only copy for Xbox One. Installing now!

(The 24 hour Wal-Mart closest to me is in a super small, rural/suburban town.)

abrack08

I'm getting my ass kicked lol, haven't played a MGS game since MGS4.
I just finished off a replay of Peace Walker earlier today, so my body was ready. Stupid Walmart.

Edit: I did notice the ps4 versions was sold out, on the Walmart app at least. Maybe they got very few copies and sold them all in pre-orders? So my walmarts didn't get any copies?

shwimpy

was on media blackout. VA for skullface is mediocre.

but damn, can't believe im playing a metal gear game in 1080p/60fps. it's glorious.

Spoo

Anyone who ordered off of Amazon not get theirs shipped yet? Kinda worried it's gotten delayed and maybe I should just get it off PSN and not wait.

I'm gonna sound ridiculous to a lot of people here, but the cutscenes in 60fps don't feel right. I wouldn't mind seeing them in 30fps just to tell if they work better, but anything staged cinematically that's that fluid just looks off to me.

Before playing, I would have agreed, but... nah. I don't think so. Not anymore. This isn't a movie, it's a videogame, and I think it really works with this medium.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Guys.... I want this... but $30... I started watching a friend's stream... and now I want it more... please send help...

Just picked up my copy at a wally world. Not all Wally's got it tonight apparently. The guy asked me if I wanted to pick up FFX for ps3... or how about that Second Son game...

I kept myself in check and said Second Son sounded interesting!

Register wouldn't let him sell it :(

Top Bottom