• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Just picked up my copy at a wally world. Not all Wally's got it tonight apparently. The guy asked me if I wanted to pick up FFX for ps3... or how about that Second Son game...

I kept myself in check and said Second Son sounded interesting!

Register wouldn't let him sell it :(
on my way to walley world now :x

Mik2121

I'm so jealous of all you guys.
Here in Japan the game releases on Thursday, which means I still have almost 48 hours from now to play it.

On the bright side, I have been playing the mother base iOS game thing so it's not so bad!.... but it's starting to get boring lol.

The bandwidth I've lost... the Shinkawa artwork I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past!

kurbaan

Banned
OMG I CANNOT PLAY THIS DAMN GAME. SCREW YOU KOJIMA.

Just saw the intro and there were 2 people talking. not until the game started did i realize it was FRICKIN SNAKE. Kiefer is NOT SNAKE. His voice sucks, Its like I don't even know this character anymore.

Like every time snake talks it feels like someone dubbed over the real voice to me.
The "Kept you waiting HUH" was supposed to be a special moment but god damn it.

Raynes

Just saw the intro and there were 2 people talking. not until the game started did i realize it was FRICKIN SNAKE. Kiefer is NOT SNAKE. His voice sucks, Its like I don't even know this character anymore.

Like every time snake talks it feels like someone dubbed over the real voice to me.

Dude, Keifer is... weird. I don't like it. I miss Hayter's cheesy gruffness.

Heh isn't that all the Phantom Pain feeling. Glad I'm not alone in the feeling.

abrack08

You go on media blackout, sometimes you get unpleasant surprises. It's been known for a long time. Hopefully once the shock dies down he does a good job, but I at the moment I prefer Hayter. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

molnizzle

Ok, so quick impression after playing for about 30 minutes?

WTF. Game doesn't explain jack shit to you. "Open the manual to see the controls." What is this, 1997?

I guess I'll try some more tomorrow. Really frustrated right now.

kurbaan

Banned
You go on media blackout, sometimes you get unpleasant surprises. It's been known for a long time. Hopefully once the shock dies down he does a good job, but I at the moment I prefer Hayter. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Yoooo Snakes voice make this completely weird for me. It's
like a whole new character.

Yeah wtf is going on.

yeah not feeling this game as well. gameplay feels as though it has not moved on with the times.

I feel the exact opposite. Played for just a few minutes and... this isn't metal gear. It feels so different. I mean MGS4 was different but I dunno this just takes it further its like where is my god damn codec? Wtf. There wasn't even MGS music.

Also little things like "This is an infiltration mission" instead of "This is a sneaking mission"

co1onel

Ok, so quick impression after playing for about 30 minutes?

WTF. Game doesn't explain jack shit to you. "Open the manual to see the controls." What is this, 1997?

I guess I'll try some more tomorrow. Really frustrated right now.

Isn't it better this way? I don't want the game holding my hand, I just wanna go in and learn things on my own.

beastmode

I'm gonna sound ridiculous to a lot of people here, but the cutscenes in 60fps don't feel right. I wouldn't mind seeing them in 30fps just to tell if they work better, but anything staged cinematically that's that fluid just looks off to me.
If MGSV comes to PC I'm playing it with everything set to max on 24fps.

co1onel

I feel the exact opposite. Played for just a few minutes and... this isn't metal gear. It feels so different. I mean MGS4 was different but I dunno this just takes it further its like where is my god damn codec? Wtf. There wasn't even MGS music.

Also little things like "This is an infiltration mission" instead of "This is a sneaking mission"

Well, Kojima said he wanted it to feel different. That was the whole symbolic reasoning behind changing to roman numerals in the title.

molnizzle

Isn't it better this way? I don't want the game holding my hand, I just wanna go in and learn things on my own.

I'm totally cool with holding my hand for the first 30 minutes or so to explain the controls and mechanics. It's 2014, I shouldn't have to look at the damn manual for anything.

I'll try some more tomorrow, I guess.

tookhster

The game's fun as hell to play around with so far, but I have one major problem already.

Is there really no "restart from checkpoint" button? There have been plenty of times when I accidentally get caught and I have to wait till I get killed just so I can restart again.

A stealth game with no restart from checkpoint option in 2014, wtf Kojima?

Really enjoying this so far. I played about an hour which mostly consisted of knocking out guards and hiding the bodies. To me the controls feel great, and Kiefer sounds fine as big boss. All and all pleasantly surprised so far

Edit: I was doing remote play too and it works well. Control set up is still comfortable on the vita though it's a bit hard to use the binos. Plus, you know, OLED.

The enemy soldiers does not talk when interrogated. This really bothered me.

I knew it from the credits but
Kojima is in the game

I was playing through MGS3 and Peace Walker when part of the way through Peace Walker I realized I never beat it. I'm getting my copy tomorrow but I think I'll just wait until I finally beat PW before I dive into this.

I'm the kind of player that called everyone on the codec to see what kind of stupid things they'd have to say about cardboard boxes. I'm sure I'll get my money's worth out of this.

I'm totally cool with holding my hand for the first 30 minutes or so to explain the controls and mechanics. It's 2014, I shouldn't have to look at the damn manual for anything.

Dark Souls 2 just throws you into the game without explaining anything, really.

I know it's DS2 but still.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This engine is amazing. To think that they were holding back for the old systems makes me even more in awe.

Omg you are just the worst. There are only so many buttons on your controller. EXPERIMENT.

Top Bottom