• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

62 minutes. Great. And that's with me fucking up. A lot.

The game itself is so phenomenal. The sneaking is great, the graphics are amazing (played on 360, going to play the PS4 version on Wednesday), and the story was engaging.

The trailers that've been around for a while spoil just about all of the major plot points, so that sucks.

Stole a jeep just because I could, ran over a guard, got spotted by another one, accelerated towards him when the game suddenly goes into slow motion, a button prompt appears, hit one of the triggers, and I run him over in first person. It doesn't sound that amazing, but running people over in first person slow motion is super satisfying lol. Especially the moment they slam into the hood.

Had to restart because it wasn't stealth, but I can see myself just doing ridiculous shit for hours in this game.

kurbaan

Banned
Along with being unable to hide bodies in dumpsters.

None of the MGS stuff seems to be here. Like no cardboard, weird guard distractions. Feels more like a TPS, i just ran through and killed everything because the stealth just felt like not MGS to me. Oh and the regenerating health.

I don't know, really worried for TPP now even though I just stopped playing after the
Chico extraction
. But this game feels so alien to me.

Apparently, every Walmart in my city (one of the biggest in the damn United States of America) won't have this game until the 24th. Target: "Not sold in stores" Best Buy: "Unavailable"

And Gamestop doesn't have the option to check store stock.

What is happening?

M.W.

Stream I watched the AI is extremely perceptive, radio is used for any odd occurrence or sighting, the AI itself spots the player quickly, and the streamer is a MGS veteran.

Well, then the game is buggy. I was 5 feet in front of a guard staring at me, and nothing happened. So i shot him in the face and teabagged him. After that, it felt better. lol

_woLf

holy shit, this game is amazing.

I shot out a camera, guard was paged, walked over to it, shined a flashlight at it...said it was suspicious, started looking around.

And the graphics/60FPS...this is next gen.

I'm pretty sure you can wall knock.

It might be just my imagination, but I'm pretty sure he did it when I had by back against the wall and pressed circle. Might only work if you're standing up though.

I must've completely missed it then. I played the first 2 missions and didn't see any button prompt to wall knock.

Blastoise

Banned
Guys I'm very very impressed. It looks so clean and crisp and I just love the sandbox nature. I will definitely spend more than 2 hours on it!

Dat 1080p and 60fps!!!!

MormaPope

Banned
Still nothing on the 360 marketplace and 360 section on the Xbox site.

The fact that Microsoft rakes in Gold money but has inconsistent policies and practices regarding timely digital releases is a joke. Fucking disgraceful, Nintendo and Sony get this shit done, no reasons or excuses why Microsoft can't.

JayEH

Beat the game in about 1 hour and 25 mins. I got caught ALOT lol and explored a bit. I thought the story was really disappointing in the end though, I felt it was hyped up to be something it wasn't I guess.

I posted my impressions on the ending in the spoilers thread but to sum my feelings up I thought it was really lacking.

dc89

I opened the Polygon review. Read the first line - Ridiculous and blaring mistake.
Closed the review.

"Solid Snake is back."

I mean, how do, how can.... EURGH.

co1onel

Man, its past midnight on the west coast and still not up on the 360 marketplace. I sort of doubt it'll be up for 360 tonight.

Apparently, every Walmart in my city (one of the biggest in the damn United States of America) won't have this game until the 24th. Target: "Not sold in stores" Best Buy: "Unavailable"

And Gamestop doesn't have the option to check store stock.

What is happening?

Well that sure is strange, i'm from florida and was the first one to pick up a copy at my nearest wal-mart.

Atruvius

Just watched some cutscenes from the end on Uknighted's twitch channel. It looks so awesome I won't wait for a PC version, have to buy it for PS3 now.

Hurley

I know from the videos we've seen, especially that comparison from kojima that the game looks great, but holy shit, playing it on an actual tv at 1080p right in front of you this game looks and feels fantastic, frame rate is butter smooth and it looks so clean and crisp.

Fantastic job on the ps4 version.

Also, how the fuck do I get to the options menu from in game?

Top Bottom