• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

I opened the Polygon review. Read the first line - Ridiculous and blaring mistake.
Closed the review.

"Solid Snake is back."

I mean, how do, how can.... EURGH.

They fixed the typo, but it was pretty bad lol. Skimmed through the review and finally got to the score. They gave it a 5.5!

Looks fantastic. Finished that first mission, have the credits rolling now. Got an A rank at 59 minutes. It's really fun. It doesn't explain the controls, which is fine when you can figure them out by looking in the menu. Gonna start on the next mission as soon as these credits get done rolling. It looks amazing on the PS4. I've got a GTX 780/i74770k@4.4Ghz/8gb Ram and I'm very impressed with these graphics. I can't wait to start another playthrough on Hard. Come watch the credits if you want and then I'll go into the next missions. Twitch! I've had a few beers too, and surprisingly I'm doing really well at stealth.

beastmode

Listening to the pre-mission tapes. Kiefer is so good. Kojima should've cast all the returning characters with film actors. At least those who appear in the Phantom Pain.

DrBo42

Game looks amazing and the mechanics are a nice evolution while maintaining the same MGS feel. My initial reaction after completing the mission is that the price is absurd for what's offered here but I do immediately want to go through it again.

Listening to the pre-mission tapes. Kiefer is so good. Kojima should've cast all the returning characters with film actors. At least those who appear in the Phantom Pain.

Had my doubts but Kiefer did a tremendous job. Can't wait to see the rest of his work. It was jarring not hearing Hayter at first but I got over it very quickly. Kiefer sounds like a real person and not someone playing a character.

GeNoMe

God damn you guys and gals! I'm so jelly right now :'(
Are there any dutch gaffers, who have obtained a copy yet?
I'm playing the motherbase game on my Ipad now to ease the pain.

So it'll be 4am my time?

Fuck it, not doing anything tomorrow. Worse comes to worse I fall asleep watching a stream of Ground Zeroes and then download it in the morning. Thanks for the answer though.

It should, Sometimes they lag at updating though. It could be like an extra 30 minutes. Check the website though when it's supposed to be up.

Dysun

Played some more even though I should be sleeping. Gameplay and visuals are tight. Movement is intuitive and fluid, really helps the stealth aspect to not have to fight the controls as well as the enemy. Time to master them felt quite short

Bring on TPP

whyman

Important question

Do I have to play the side missions while im playing main story. Or is the game still open after I finish the main story, or does it just throw me back to menu?

Important question

Do I have to play the side missions while im playing main story. Or is the game still open after I finish the main story, or does it just throw me back to menu?
The main mission is separate from the rest. Once you beat the main you go back to the menu and can open the others. There are side activities on each that aren't required but can be done.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
POST YOUR STAT SCREENS MIS COMPAS
13237967463_c005ac385e_z.jpg

First playthrough. No kills. No deaths. No slowmo. No tagging. Normal difficulty.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I had to turn reaction mode off, that makes the game a cake walk. I must have played for 2 hours and still haven't finished it (lol).

Aleph

Played it for about an hour on my PS3. Didn't finish the main mission, just sneaked around. Some thoughts:

- Animations look pretty good, probably more 'organic' than in MGS4.
- Looks amazing for a PS3 game, but for some reason Snake doesn't cast a shadow on the ground when there are no lights nearby.
- Controls are good, but I wish we could roll like in previous MGS games.
- iPhone app works pretty well. I used the screenshot function but the images it takes are extremely small.
- I feel like sneaking is a bit harder than in previous MGS games.

Shin-Ra

Looks fantastic. Finished that first mission, have the credits rolling now. Got an A rank at 59 minutes. It's really fun. It doesn't explain the controls, which is fine when you can figure them out by looking in the menu. Gonna start on the next mission as soon as these credits get done rolling. It looks amazing on the PS4. I've got a GTX 780/i74770k@4.4Ghz/8gb Ram and I'm very impressed with these graphics. I can't wait to start another playthrough on Hard. Come watch the credits if you want and then I'll go into the next missions. Twitch! I've had a few beers too, and surprisingly I'm doing really well at stealth.
Looks a bit better than Ryu ga Gotoku: Ishin then!

This game. The graphics are absolutely amazing and I listening to the tapes beforehand, Kiefer is a good Big Boss. The moments the game is trying to relay to you would be lost with PW styled Hayter with even more gargle.

Also, this game is pretty difficult, even on normal. There are so many enemies that every time you turn around you encounter one you haven't seen or tagged yet. I've also run out of ammo twice on my tranq gun, leaving me even more vulnerable.

Amazing game. I can't wait for TPP.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
This game. The graphics are absolutely amazing and I listening to the tapes beforehand, Kiefer is a good Big Boss. The moments the game is trying to relay to you would be lost with PW styled Hayter with even more gargle.

Also, this game is pretty difficult, even on normal. There are so many enemies that every time you turn around you encounter one you haven't seen or tagged yet. I've also run out of ammo twice on my tranq gun, leaving me even more vulnerable.

Amazing game. I can't wait for TPP.

There are stashes of tranq ammo on the base. I won't spoil where, but interrogating a guard might help ;)

Credits are rolling (who knew it took this many people to make a demo :p ). Gameplay seems like a lot of fun but I had little time to really mess around. The controls take some getting used to, I was always pressing the wrong button to do things. Shooting feels a little better than MGS4 but its about the same. Animations seem to be taken from MGS3, its really jarring in a game that looks this good. Vehicles are a blast.

New mechanics like tagging work well, the environment is so huge that its needed to keep track of everyone. Just wait till you are in between tents and you cant see a thing, you will feel so vulnerable. The reflex mode is a life saver, cant tell you how many times I had no clue someone saw me from behind or the side. Even though you get a small window if you have the wrong weapon out you are screwed. I like what they did with search lights and how light matters in general.

I hate what they have done with the codec, it started with kind of taking away the fun of it with MGS4, now its just a tutorial it seems. From the little I played it seems to be missing all the funny humor you get from noticing or doing odd little things. That is what scares me the most, that the little details will go missing for a big giant game. Oh and what is with interrogations having no voices?

The story is mostly pointless, Boss hardly even talks. I cant even tell you how Sutherland is, he has like 10 lines. The main mission took me 77 minutes and I was doing terrible with all sorts of messing around. I think 77 minutes does not include restarts cause it was more like 1 hour 40 minutes total time for me.

I wont be able to get into the meat of the game till later in the week as I leave out of town. Seems to have a ton of stuff to unlock.

There are stashes of tranq ammo on the base. I won't spoil where, but interrogating a guard might help ;)

I think I found where you're talking about (at least one of them) but I was already well past that spot and the guards I knocked out were already awake again so I decided to just continue on. Bad mistake on my part haha

I so loving this game. I'm taking it nice and slow so I can savor it. I'm already almost 2 hours into the main mission because I'm trying to do pure stealth. So far, this is probably the most pure and best stealth game I've ever played.

golem

Honestly it looks rather cross gen on the PS4 but the lighting and dat 60 fps makes it a pretty good visual package.

Story kind of played out exactly how i figured it would. Leads right into the Phantom Pain.

fourstorks

Neo Member
Just finished the "main" mission in the game with all the story.

xxUyoWfBxmfkYE2ofSML4dIzBkECKN_jLy7b6DWV3OcJBYpeuv0ZFoNtWksHX6Dx3ZHlxiGrRyZut3COoEfT97D-gPjS_oPHt19-l4tPjZMG3bcU3IcK06P8GIirljqUnnSktprg2rdOqv7cqJwCocFabJM=s0-d-e1-ft

I'll have to think on it more, but fuck man. Some of the coolest, craziest Kojima-ass-Kojima shit.

i sucked so bad. Went sneaky, got spotted by maybe the 3rd enemy u encounter...went rambo the whole rest of the way. Somehow managed a B still though

stitch512

Banned
Game was delayed in Australia until next week so I have been way too impatient. Just bought it from the US store on Xbox One. Already had my retail disc paid for so I will just switch that to something else. Can't wait to play :).

Top Bottom