• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

CLBridges

Can't believe I broke down and bought the digital PS4 version of this for $30. I just couldn't wait to try out a new MGS for myself especially on new hardware. It's already downloaded but I won't play it until a later today, gotta get some sleep soon. My day is pretty much game filled today with this and FFX/X-2 remaster being delivered from Amazon later today.

pixlexic

Banned
so I got both ps4 and xbone versions. I haven't played completely through either but have messed around.

impressions later tonight.

Solidino

1)playing stealth mode, withoud reflex mode and other stuffs like that
2)use scope to listen guard's speaks and call Kaz every time.
3)find all XOF patches
4)find all tapes
5)stun every single guard, and take in the chopper
6)save all prisoners idem

should be enough for over 2 hours of gameplay.

cackhyena

3)find all XOF patches
4)find all tapes

You can take the guards in the chopper?

dc89

So tempted to just create an American PSN account and download it now for £18 like some others have.

I'm gonna have a think about it whilst I eat hotdogs for lunch and watch Bargain Hunt.

MANGOD

Banned
So tempted to just create an American PSN account and download it now for £18 like some others have.

I'm gonna have a think about it whilst I eat hotdogs for lunch and watch Bargain Hunt.
How would one go about paying for this on a US account?

So my brother picked this up, hasnt played yet but told me that main mission is a couple of hours with around four side missions at one hour each around, Im thinking he will be disappointed.

Once I created a US psn account, I also created a US amazon account, make sure you use a US billing address (i used a university address in Alaska), then buy psn cards from there to use to purchase the games on the psn store.

some ppl have had amazon stop their order and request they send in a proof of address before, so the way i do it is to purchase amazon gift cards in dollars using my uk account, then add the funds to the us account and buy the psn cards that way and have never had an issue personally.

Have the PS3-version which looks amazing in terms of lighting, character models and shaders. The sound engine is awesome and I love the rain effects. BUT! The hair and the foliage. I really hope they fix these aspects in the next-gen versions of The Phantom Pain.
Even when being up close in Snake's face you see this transparency issue or whatever it is which really ruins the visuals. Playing it on PS3 I get it even though a couple of even better looking games on the same system with equal scale does it right. For the PS4 and Xbone on the other hand this is not acceptable. So yeah. Just an aspect which hopefully is improved upon.

schick85

I went in expecting a 2 hour main game experience. I am disappoint.
(Thank god, the graphics and gameplay somewhat made up for it though)

Buy credit on Amazon, offgamer or other sites where you can buy prepaid psn cards. Amazon is the best place to buy. I've been using offgamer after receiving an email from Amazon asking for a bunch of documentation :]

Senoculum

I went in expecting a 2 hour main game experience. I am disappoint.
(Thank god, the graphics and gameplay somewhat made up for it though)

Do you think there's a lot of replayability? Like can you simply create chaos in the base and go on a shoot out or something?

Sojgat

Yeah, I can totally see what the guy who made the thread about the 60 fps cutscenes was talking about. It's kind of off-putting, and just doesn't look right for some reason. Maybe my eyes aren't used to it or whatever, but I really don't like it.

Spaghetti

any other europeans playing through the motherbase stuff on the app waiting for the game to launch?

i have no idea why this thing has a bunch of cooldown timers when they're not offering microtransactions.

mattp

3)find all XOF patches
4)find all tapes

are these the side missions? or just goals you set for yourself to try

haikira

Anyone outside of the USA tried purchasing it from the American PS4 PSN store? Tempted to grab it when I get home from work, but just checking it's possible before I purchase an American PSN voucher. I know it's possible on the PS3, but I just haven't tried on the PS4 yet.

Yeah, I can totally see what the guy who made the thread about the 60 fps cutscenes was talking about. It's kind of off-putting, and just doesn't look right for some reason. Maybe my eyes aren't used to it or whatever, but I really don't like it.

I agree, I really didn't like the way the camera bounced about in the intro movie either.

so far my stealth skills in this game are somewhat lacking, get spotted by the first watchtower, which leads to me going on a rampage ending up in the minigun turret mowing wave after wave of reinforements with the alarms blaring, now i'm running around shotgunning ppl in the face...

DomLando

So the main mission seems like it's a hour or two long. How about the side missions? How much play time do they add to the game? Also, how many are there?

mattp

They're in-game achievements. There's a completion percentage that pops up during gameplay.

but i mean, is that it? or are there "side missions" as well as those achievements?

if those are the only thing to do besides the actual story mission then...everyone was kind of right to call bs on this game. yes, there's stuff to do, but there's not really any design work that goes into stuff like "beat the game without getting caught" or "find all the patches"

cackhyena

but i mean, is that it? or are there "side missions" as well as those achievements?

if those are the only thing to do besides the actual story mission then...everyone was kind of right to call bs on this game. yes, there's stuff to do, but there's not really any design work that goes into stuff like "beat the game without getting caught" or "find all the patches"

Right, but anyone paying attention knew that. It's tough to say who this is for exactly. A lot of MGS fans are there for the story above all else...this isn't for them. I've always been a stealth fan first, crazy MGS story second. This game opens up so many possibilities as that kind of fan in the MGS universe, I have to give it a go. I have it downloaded, but can't get to it till later tonight. I know I'll put an absurd amount of hours into it and care about how much or little story/actual mission structure there is, somewhere in the ballpark of 0%

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Right, but anyone paying attention knew that. It's tough to say who this is for exactly. A lot of MGS fans are there for the story above all else...this isn't for them. I've always been a stealth fan first, crazy MGS story second. This game opens up so many possibilities as that kind of fan in the MGS universe, I have to give it a go. I have it downloaded, but can't get to it till later tonight. I know I'll put an absurd amount of hours into it and care about how much or little story/actual mission structure there is, somewhere in the ballpark of 0%

You. You can be my wingman any time.

mattp

oh, absolutely
and i never really doubted that it would be great to replay a bunch of times, as a mgs fan
but it's still kind of frustrating to see this stuff confirmed. i will wait and buy it used because i dont want to support konami selling this as a 30 dollar product

Falifax

I'm an idiot.
I C4'd an armored vehicle when I was extracting Paz and forgot there was an unconscious guard like an inch away from it. It was at the completion screen when I realized that I killed him.

RIP in peace no kill run.

Ground Zeroes should not have been released as a standalone release. It should 've been bundled with LoS2 . The success of this full priced demo will only enable other companies to follow suit. I cannot in full conscience, support such an endeavour. 30 dollars for a glorified demo is blasphemy. Isn't there supposed to be a committee to prevent practices like these?

mattp

It's true.

You are a stronger individual than me.

...i'm sitting at work trying not to think about the fact that a new mgs game is available and i don't own it yet lol
hopefully i don't cave
i think it won't be too bad though because i am expecting used copies to show up VERY quickly since it's so short

rvy

Banned

Oh, yeah. Thats about it. 4 or 5 side-ops, those in-game achievements and the main game.

I really suspect that GZ will be filled with DLC before TPP arrives.

Top Bottom