• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Yep, no contact made. Once you know where it is
the central tower
, then you don't need to do that step anymore.
AWESOME!! Will do!!

Upon more pondering, even though there aren't enough trophies to warrant a Platinum for Ground Zeroes, it seems like they did consider what is trophy-worthy in terms of what actions you take. For instance, you get the trophy from the
Assassination
mission by
air-lifting both targets out of the base instead of killing them
. Not only does it
net you two more troops for Mother Base
, you also get
a different ending narration
. It's kinda like how Snake Tales could differ back in MGS2 Substance.

SJRB

Gold Member
Wow the companion app for iPhone is super impressive. It updates in realtime while you play, really cool. Unfortunately it's kinda useless for me since the screen of my iPhone5 is way to small for it to be functional, but the concept is intruiging.

Need to check out the Mother Base management stuff later.

why is kojima sticking with those awful reticles? i want precision aiming damn it and i hate the look of that x-ray vision thing. it looks super tacky i wish u can disable it
good thing is i no longer have to listen to hayter annoying voice, at least kojima got 1 thing right.

cackhyena

why is kojima sticking with those awful reticles? i want precision aiming damn it and i hate the look of that x-ray vision thing. it looks super tacky i wish u can disable it
good thing is i no longer have to listen to hayter annoying voice, at least kojima got 1 thing right.

You can disable it.

LOLCats

Banned
debating on if this is worth 24$ to me for PS4 copy. Played MGS4 two times absolutely loved it. Really want this but the cheap ass in me is saying hold off.

Betty

Banned

You can, I wasn't 100% sure but I did it myself and it works. Just turn off Marker Display in Display settings.

EDIT: beaten.

Did you miss him 6 years ago?

Where was all the crying and bellyaching for Cam Clarke as Liquid in 2008?
It wouldn't make sense for him to voice Ocelot given the plot. It was dumb that they let Liquids Japanese voice actor voice him instead of someone who sounded like Ocelots old voice actor, before anyone brings it up.

Betty

Banned
It wouldn't make sense for him to voice Ocelot given the plot. It was dumb that they let Liquids Japanese voice actor voice him instead of someone who sounded like Ocelots old voice actor, before anyone brings it up.

I think it was out of respect to Koji Totani, Ocelot's Japanese VA who died, that he didn't rehire.

Namikaze1

Took me 3 hours to complete the Ground Zeroes mission. I was mostly fucking around so it's why it's so high. Anyway, it looks pretty good on PS4. Controls felt fine to me. Gonna go and do a Side Op now.

zeroyazi

Banned
Anyone tried the iDroid Second Screen App? It's pretty damn cool.

I have and I like it. Playing on a Galaxy Nexus. The UI design feels like something straight out of Metal Gear. Slight tilt of the screen moves the UI around. The stand alone game is similar to Simpsons Tapped Out. Good stuff.

Looking forward to pairing it with the Ground Zeroes tonight and unlocking the audio cassettes.

It's also kinda funny because they actually did recast Ocelot for the MGS1 and MGS2 motion comic after the voice actor's passing. Makes you wonder if KojiPro preferred Banjo Ginga (Liquid Snake, Major Zero) on the role of Liquid Ocelot.

On another subject, in Japan, the preorder bonus by default is more staff for Mother Base in The Phantom Pain. Amazon Japan has a cardboard box for Phantom Pain, Geo has a new weapon for Phantom Pain, and Tsutaya has even more staff.

I figure the code that we punch into Konami Core here will unlock at least one of these. ToraShiro, can you clarify?

Any idea when DF will have their analysis up? Mainly interested in framerate and tearing on the 360 version.

DF seems to be really slow with getting stuff up :(. They took a long time to get all of their next-gen launch coverage up. But I guess it's smart on their end, they realize that people will flock to them even when the comparisons are old games.

Ricker

Haven't played a MG game in a while and use to games like the last Thief or Dishonored etc etc...this is absolutly cruel for me right now....everytime I open the map,I get a headache lol...its like too much info is thrown at you and I have no idea where to go or do...I cant even see where I am on the map lol...go to the old Prison...yeah,no clue where that is...

Not in a mood for this right now I guess,I'll get back to it later...

Oh and if you mess up and start shooting,is there an end the to them coming...? I managed to stay alive like 15 minutes,killed a bunch of guards, and there was still guards all over the place.

It does look gorgeous on the PS4 though...

would have been nice if there were more cool side ops like peace walker :/

monsterhunter-peacewalker.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
Haven't played a MG game in a while and use to games like the last Thief or Dishonored etc etc...this is absolutly cruel for me right now....everytime I open the map,I get a headache lol...its like too much info is thrown at you and I have no idea where to go or do...I cant even see where I am on the map lol...go to the old Prison...yeah,no clue where that is...

Not in a mood for this right now I guess,I'll get back to it later...

Oh and if you mess up and start shooting,is there an end the to them coming...? I managed to stay alive like 15 minutes,killed a bunch of guards, and there was still guards all over the place.

It does look gorgeous on the PS4 though...

I don't understand this. Miller talks you through the basics when you start the game, the prison is marked on your map so you know exactly where to go.

Keihart

I still haven't finished, i get too distracted messing around , it really is like MGS2 tanker incident.

I have 3 big issues with the game tho:

1.- Soldiers now have some instant "we all know where you are" shit if you get caught, pretty big step back compared to old MGS.

2.-Difficulty is pretty laughable , it's like playing peace walker , you can just waltz your way around the base shooting fools with not a worry in the world , the health regen it's pretty broken as of now IMO.

3.-No japanese voices, i didn't though that the change in Snake's voice was going to bother me, but after the first cutscenes i was like , who the fuck it's this dude? Wish i could play it in japanese, Otsuka it's the better Snake for me now that Hayter is not in the game.

So yeah having fun with it , nostagia it's kicking hard for me , with the walkman songs and stuff , but it's not shaping to be the MGS i wanted for next gen(or current), sneaking it's a joke compared to every numbered MGS before, it's feels a lot like peace walker or portable ops, games that for me had a cool story but were a joke to MGS standards in gameplay.

1.- Soldiers now have some instant "we all know where you are" shit if you get caught, pretty big step back compared to old MGS.

Checking the iDroid during Alert Status shows your "last known location", I found it pretty helpful when trying to evade. Just make sure you're not close to the center of the red cloud on the map.

AKyemeni

Deja Vu Mission Question Spoiler (Don't look if you haven't beaten it)

Anybody know what the "special bonus" is for answering all the questions right on the first try?

jimmypython

In a perfect world:

METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER
with GROUND ZEROS: Prologue to Phantom Pain

- remake of PW using fox engine
- including GZ
- $39.99 (in fact I would pay $59.99 for this)

Nvzman

So... around how long would it be for somebody (namely me) who plays slowly? No spoilers, please, I just want to see if it is worth getting.

malfcn

How responsive is the app? Are multi platform games going to use apps instead of smart glass or specific second screen options?

Keihart

Checking the iDroid during Alert Status shows your "last known location", I found it pretty helpful when trying to evade. Just make sure you're close to the center of the red cloud on the map.

Oh i see, didn't knew that.
My complaint it's not that it's hard to hide after you get caught, mi complaint it's more with the fact that soldiers don's search for you like before , they used to pin point your location and track you, now they just start shooting wherever they are. It feels very inconsistent, it's more like Splinter Cell alert status the MGS's. Also they just scream for your position , not even a radio call.

SJRB

Gold Member
How responsive is the app? Are multi platform games going to use apps instead of smart glass or specific second screen options?

It works in realtime, it's identical to the ingame iDroid. You can even call in helicopters from the app, it's pretty impressive.

Top Bottom