• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

tanooki27

didn't anticipate how much I'd miss hayter. I'll get used to kiefer, but imo hayter was part of the series' presentational backbone.

Raynes

I found myself repeatedly asking "I wonder how Hayter Snake would sound saying those lines". I can imagine I'll be saying that like crazy in the Phantom Pain.

SJRB

Gold Member
I found myself repeatedly asking "I wonder how Hayter Snake would sound saying those lines". I can imagine I'll be saying that like crazy in the Phantom Pain.

I think the dialogue in the intro is also the worst, Kiefer sounds perfectly fine on the tapes. Fine, and angry. Big Boss seems angry, haha.

I don't know, there seems to be a bit more "nuance" [for lack of better term] in Kiefer's voice. On one of the tapes
you could hear him being pissed at Huey, which is kind of refreshing because Big Boss was never just noticably "angry" at someone in previous games
. But still, the game doesn't have nearly enough dialogue to properly judge.

psychotron

Watched all the cutscenes from Peace Walker to refresh my memory before Ground Zeroes tonight. The ending of Peace Walker really makes me want a remake of the original game.

So... around how long would it be for somebody (namely me) who plays slowly? No spoilers, please, I just want to see if it is worth getting.

I took it pretty slow (in my opinion) and I would say main mission + cutscenes you're looking at 1.5 - 2 hours. But I headed straight for the objectives. If you decide to explore more, you could easily push 3-4.

wanders

Im on 360 and the game just loads Snake in the helicopter without any menus

the hell is going on anyone else have this problem

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Pretty much watched entire walkthrough on YouTube. Not counting the side ops, the game seems like 45 minutes long. Also, seems like Keifer barely speaks at all.

Alienous

Kiefer is just sort of there for me. I barely even notice him talking. Not sure if that's good or bad.

It's better than ending every sentence with a guttural groan.

Anything is better than that.

And it isn't simply Kiefer's voice. It's definitely huskier.

I've never played a demo with any of this. The whole pricing and length stigma is way hyperbolic.

They literally just cut a piece of a game and put it for sale, I don't care whether or not people think that's right or worth it, but calling it a demo or diminishing it based on length/price is pretty dismissive.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00003OPES/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This was released around the time the original Deus Ex was released on PC. It contained the 5 sections of game, which amounted to almost 10 hours of gameplay. SO roughly it was 10 dollars per hour of gameplay. It was highly re-playable because of the insane amount of options of available to you to handle any situation (Like the hotel Hostage situation.) and then gave you the option to buy the entire game at a discounted rate.

Dead Rising Case Zero was 5 bucks.
GT Prolouge was 40 bucks but had online gameplay & was constantly updated with new cars and tweaks.

I'm still debating on buying it because I just don't know HOW I can because I've already better examples of so called "prologues" but I know I'll cave and get it today.

Hey guys, how does the CQC mechanics feel. I always felt that it was always a bit finicky, awkward, and could never respond the way I planned when I play 3 and 4.

Love the first pic
tmp_20140318154434122t0ksd.jpg

tmp_20140318154427573u0jbd.jpg

tmp_20140318154449-20rejyf.jpg

MormaPope

Banned
Reading that past pages, I'd rather see a new game starring The Boss and ending the main series there compared to remaking Metal Gear 1&2.

Etnos

Banned
I just watched Giantbomb Quick Look of this. And yep.. MGS still doing nothing for me, What´s the community reception so far?

Loxley

Just finished my first run-through (PS3 version on normal), as expected I managed B ranking (was stealthy but killed a lot of guards).

My knee jerk thoughts are that A) Keifer does a great job, B) I fucking love little details like guards physically pulling out their walkie talkies to report in.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just finished my first run-through (PS3 version on normal), as expected I managed B ranking (was stealthy but killed a lot of guards).

My knee jerk thoughts are that A) Keifer does a great job, B) I fucking love little details like guards physically pulling out their walkie talkies to report in.

I love how, when they call something in, you can hear it over the intercom on your radio but also "in real life" when you're standing close enough. De sound design is really well done.

cackhyena

Other details are lost, though. Where are the tranq darts I'm putting in these fools?

Its downloading right now. Should be a fun night.

I hear a lot of talk here, but not too many opinions. Was this good? Do you like the changes?

Yoda

I'm sure I'll warm up the keifer but so far its the only thing I don't like about GZ.

Him yelling medic in the helicopter made me feel like it was a 24 video-game spin off.

This was fantastic. I liked the story, the ending was very impactful and hard to watch, and the main mission took me around 2 hours because I was just having a lot of fun experimenting and whatnot.

Went to walmart and was gonna buy this and ffx hd l.e. and the registers wouldn't ring the game up. Guess I'll try again friday when I get infamous.

Anything like this happen to anyone else?

Top Bottom