• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

One mechanic that in my opinion needs to return 100% is a stamina meter. As much as I love sprinting it is a bit op and I think it can be balanced with the return of the meter and managing it.

I don't think it's op at all. It almost always leads to being spotted when done for extended lengths. Given how much larger future maps will be, stamina monitoring would be a pain in the ass for no real reason.

Also Big Boss can't sprint when his health is low.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
You know what's weird, Hard doesn't feel like a bonus difficulty instead it feels like the correct difficulty. Less starting equipment, head on combat is less viable, and you have to be more cautious in general.

I haven't played on hard yet, but that doesn't surprise me. You're able to crouch pretty close to the enemy, even when they're suspicious, without alerting them on normal. It's incredibly easy to get too close and then just headshot them with the tranq.

Spaghetti

You know what's weird, Hard doesn't feel like a bonus difficulty instead it feels like the correct difficulty. Less starting equipment, head on combat is less viable, and you have to be more cautious in general.
pretty much the state of current video game difficulty.

is hard unlocked from the start?

Had kind of a funny moment playing this last night...was kinda run and gunning it through the base, getting chased by a bunch of soldiers through the refugee camp area and I just decided to sprint in a circle and see how long it took them to kill me.

So I held the right stick straight to the left and the left stick straight to the right and apparently it confused the hell out of the guards. They stopped where they were and took a couple shots at me for a minute or two, barely any of which connected. Then one of them threw a grenade, which landed close enough to hurt me but not close enough to throw me to the ground, so I just kept running in circles.

After the grenade, they said they lost sight of me and left.

I don't have the Kinect plugged in so I didn't record it. Wish I did coz I wasn't able to replicate it later. Whomp whomp.

Game's fun though. Looks really nice.

raven777

not a big deal but I don't like how they changed the scene when you get on the helicopter.

iboPBw5VWPQ3Gb.gif

this was from the reveal and I really liked it..but it doesn't seem to be in the final game unless I missed it.

kubus

Still don't have the game... Can't believe I actually have to wait until the official release date while copies have been circulating since the 8th!

The wait better be worth it.

I don't think it's op at all. It almost always leads to being spotted when done for extended lengths. Given how much larger future maps will be, stamina monitoring would be a pain in the ass for no real reason.
I think it's crazy that he's faster than usain bolt. I see zero reason to use the smaller vehicles because you'll get caught easily and your speed isn't much faster than the sprint. There could be items to restore stamina and passing time can do that too. Horseback and vehicles should have their uses.

I didn't manage to find them all,
MGS4 eluded me, but not all of them can be erased. When I tried to erase Metal Gear Acid 2, Kaz just said "Huh, that's nothing special."
Ice cold Kojima.
Yeah I figured that
only the mainline games count. Can't seem to find Metal Gear 1, though...

not a big deal but I don't like how they changed the scene when you get on the helicopter.

iboPBw5VWPQ3Gb.gif

this was from the reveal and I really liked it..but it doesn't seem to be in the final game unless I missed it.

I think the idea was that you'd get into the helicopter and be able to land at another LZ. Seems like this mechanic just didn't make sense to put into Camp Omega (if you get into the Helicopter in the final game it asks to Abort Mission now)... but it likely will be in Phantom Pain.

EekTheKat

The CQC changes are pretty phenomenal - it feels like there's so much more power behind each hit and throw now compared to the old games.

It was fun to mess with the guards in the old MGS games, but MGSV takes things to another level.

There is a lot of options available now to how to approach guards. The CQC options in GZ flows so much better than the ones in the old games.

The best part is I never really felt like the game takes the controls away from me.

The different contextual cover/aiming/leaning animations are the best part of this game. I'm amazed at how snappy everything is, without sacrificing complicated animations.

I noticed a deleted scenes I think. In the phantom pain red band trailer there is a part in ground zeroes where the guards grab a pow and put water on his mask and then they let him walk a few steps before shooting him in the back. Is this in a extra op or removed completely?

I noticed a deleted scenes I think. In the phantom pain red band trailer there is a part in ground zeroes where the guards grab a pow and put water on his mask and then they let him walk a few steps before shooting him in the back. Is this in a extra op or removed completely?

I was curious about that as well. It's possible that scene is from TPP.

This is just me, but I feel like I'm pretty intimate with the map. Like, I'm learning where stuff is and where to go and all the like, and I'm part of the level. It feels like when we used to care about the level and want to know every crevice, and the level design allowed for your inspections.

It's open, but concise, and because I'm more interested in the level and not just continuously walking through it, my encounters are different, but I have a general plan.

Hard to describe, but I haven't felt this way since MGS3, and that game was only because of the items within the level and not the levels themselves.

As a whole, I love this game. I knew I'd dick around, but I didn't know it'd be to this extent. I wouldn't recommend it to those who finish a game and never return, but if you enjoy coming back to things trying different styles, this is for you, even at 30 bucks.

RetroMG

Has anyone tried remoteplay on Vita yet?

How's the performance?

I played a good chunk of the game on remote play last night, up until I rescued Chico. It plays fine, still looks good. The controls are kind of a pain, though. I kept hitting the back touchscreen and going to binoculars by accident.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Are Chico's tapes only in Ground Zeroes or are they in the other ops as well?

I found #6 in the
assassinate two targets
side-op
near the left (on your map) first target that suddenly changes. It's in the ammostore across from the tower where a guard is. You have to pick the lock to get into the ammostore

I found #6 in the
assassinate two targets
side-op
near the left (on your map) first target that suddenly changes. It's in the ammostore across from the tower where a guard is. You have to pick the lock to get into the ammostore

Did you interrogate a guard to find that out? Some tapes only appear if you get the right guard to tell you where it is. Nevermind. Got it!

And that was the last one! WOO!

Is there supposed to be a phantom pain trailer once you beat the game? I heard people mention it.
At the
end after explosion
is what I thought, but I could be wrong.
Had kind of a funny moment playing this last night...was kinda run and gunning it through the base, getting chased by a bunch of soldiers through the refugee camp area and I just decided to sprint in a circle and see how long it took them to kill me.

So I held the right stick straight to the left and the left stick straight to the right and apparently it confused the hell out of the guards. They stopped where they were and took a couple shots at me for a minute or two, barely any of which connected. Then one of them threw a grenade, which landed close enough to hurt me but not close enough to throw me to the ground, so I just kept running in circles.

After the grenade, they said they lost sight of me and left.

I don't have the Kinect plugged in so I didn't record it. Wish I did coz I wasn't able to replicate it later. Whomp whomp.

Game's fun though. Looks really nice.
That's pretty funny. Did they leave slowly or did it immediately go away?

jimmypython

I haven't personally. A friend of mine has. He says the controls take a little getting used to but that it looks and plays great once you get the hang of it.

I played a good chunk of the game on remote play last night, up until I rescued Chico. It plays fine, still looks good. The controls are kind of a pain, though. I kept hitting the back touchscreen and going to binoculars by accident.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it seems Sony needs to put a better Vita control mapping...

Loxley

The different contextual cover/aiming/leaning animations are the best part of this game. I'm amazed at how snappy everything is, without sacrificing complicated animations.

I love the little animation touches, like when Snake is prone and he rolls over on his side to get a better shot.

So far this has easily been worth the $20.

Well, I have all of Chico's tapes, but the trophy didn't unlock, so I guess there are other tapes to collect as well. I have all 7, "Agent's Recording" and "Classified Intel Data". The trophy didn't unlock, so either a glitch or there's more.

depward

I'm a little bit peeved that the manual is simply a link to a webpage. Like, they couldn't include a digital manual of sorts? It has to load up some weird web page thing instead?

Come on ya turkeys

Top Bottom