• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

AwShucks

I never trigged an alarm, did some kills, used reflex mode two times...but the stealth part is a joke. Is simply too easy avoiding enemies, and they are very stupid too.

Strange, I had a drastically different experience on Normal. Guards would notice me from relatively far away and come investigate. I was spotted quite frequently even when trying to be stealthy. Though big gun fights weren't exactly hard.

It would make sense for me if KojiPro ultimately tackles the original MG games. TPP's ending probably won't be that far from MG1's timeline.
Well unless TPP goes beyond 1984 there is an 11 year gap to fill in still, there... unless there's a flashforward I don't think it will end with the Outer Heaven Uprising like some are expecting.

Well unless TPP goes beyond 1984 there is an 11 year gap to fill in still, there... unless there's a flashforward I don't think it will end with the Outer Heaven Uprising like some are expecting.

Ehh, Kojima's already been making little tweaks to the timeline here and there as he goes, I wouldn't put it past him to shorten the gap between Phantom Pain and Big Boss's return to the US to command FOXHOUND a smidge.

It tooks me 25 minutes on Normal, I rescued three hostages, found one patch (actually I found Paz without searching for her, I was just exploring and bam, she was here), but man, this game is easy,

I never trigged an alarm, did some kills, used reflex mode two times...but the stealth part is a joke. Is simply too easy avoiding enemies, and they are very stupid too.

The "story",,,I think Kojima did wrong by releasing all those trailers, because excluding one or two scenes, trailers show you ALL.

I'm disappointed. I mean, I know this would be basically a demo, but I was thinking in a better twist in the end, with other cutscenes during gameplay but nope.

Maybe you just got lucky, when you have people like drk and uknighted getting detected on their first try because the game is different than the other mgs games. For me it was definitely harder than the past games.

Dunk#7

Haha thank you so much Amazon...

melBxOvl.jpg

IMACOMPUTA

Anyone else surprised at how solid the driving mechanics feel? It seems that every series new to vehicles has a problem with handling/weight. The acceleration, braking, and turning in GZ just feel right.

Yes definitely. It's like a more responsive GTAIV.
It's blowing my mind.
The physics system in this engine is just generally really great.

Did you guys realize you can interrogate the guards with L1 while aiming your gun at them? You don't have to have them in a headlock..

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
If you have a ps3 or 360 I recommended the HD collection first. To understand this game best all you really need is peace walker but to get a much better understanding for big boss it'd best to play mgs3. Its worth it.

The HD collection is probably my most valued game. So much content(Substance edition and the first two Metal Gears), the best MGS's (MGS2&MGS3).
Which one's are you referring to and what's the better HD collection, the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection or Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection?

Edzi

I'll do that. Thanks dude!

If you have the time and money, don't just play the games with Big Boss as the MC but get the Legacy collection and play through all of them in release order. That's the best way to experience and familiarize yourself with the series.

Which one's are you referring to and what's the better HD collection, the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection or Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection?

Legacy Collection is HD Collection plus MGS1 and VR Missions digital download codes, plus fully voiced comics for MGS1 and 2, plus MGS4. But it's PS3 only.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Damn, I looked up the Legacy Edition and they want over $80 for it now!? I remember it being $50? Is it OOP?

emko

okay im not so good at this game but it took me 66 minutes to beat it, game is very good BUT why do they give you that slow motion thing feels very cheap.

One time i tried landing a helicopter close to where you get Paz from and damn they brought a tank and a guard got on the AA gun crazy game. Tank ended up shooting the fuel tanks next to me and got me killed.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
How do you unlock the Top Secret Eyes Only mission? I've completed the game and all the side missions.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just S ranked the Ground Zeroes mission, all hud elements turned off, no reflex mode, medium difficulty. 6 kills due to running out of tranq ammo, 0 alerts, all POWs rescued, completed in 45 minutes.

Love how the tranq pistol has been nerfed significantly. In past MGS games it took a long time for enemies to wake up from being tranqed, now there's a lot more risk involved with keeping someone alive versus killing them. Enemies waking up and fucking up your plans isn't a rare occurrence anymore. It makes sense gameplay wise to kill enemies rather then keep them alive.

I'm guessing speed + no alerts is the most important thing to getting S rank?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm guessing speed + no alerts is the most important thing to getting S rank?

Speed isn't really a factor. No kills, no alerts is. You still want to be done with the missions quickly, but the hostage saving will counter most of your time.

julrik

Are there any differences between the digital version and the disc version? If it isn't, I might as well just get the digital version, as the reversible cover isn't included in the EU version.

Really liking this a lot more than MGS4. I hate going into alert mode though and I hate killing soliders. Wish it had a rewind feature

How do I get more ammo?

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
No, it says the date at the start of the mission.

IIRC Chapter 5 of Peace Walker is undated, Chapter 4 goes to December the somethingth.

I guess I should just wait until I play it before speculating. Online I've read everything from immediately after Peace Walker to a whole year later. Mah.

cackhyena

Really liking this a lot more than MGS4. I hate going into alert mode though and I hate killing soliders. Wish it had a rewind feature

How do I get more ammo?

Search around on your own or hold up enemies and tell them to spill the beans. Your map will be updated with check marks.

malfcn

The HD collection is probably my most valued game. So much content(Substance edition and the first two Metal Gears), the best MGS's (MGS2&MGS3).

I keep telling myself to get the Legacy. But is it over kill? I already own and never finished 4. Does the first two MG and first MGS contain alot of foundation?

Tourmeta

Norwegian PSN store must be doing something wrong...

PS3 version is 149kr / 14 Pounds
PS4 version is 349kr / 32 Pounds

I really want the PS4 version but not that much

julrik

Norwegian PSN store must be doing something wrong...

PS3 version is 149kr / 14 Pounds
PS4 version is 349kr / 32 Pounds

I really want the PS4 version but not that much
Seriously?

Well, that's settled then. I'm going to Platekompaniet in the morning.

Top Bottom