• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Jindrax

Ok played 16 hours now. My opinion on Kieffer is that he's a good voice after but just not for big boss.
His voice doesn't fit the character. BB is a big strong rough dude. Kieffers voice isn't deep or rough enough.
Every time he talks and BB is in picture it's like it's not him who's talking.
I hope he puts some effort in the delivery in TPP. Maybe try it make his voice sound more snakeish.

Loxley

I don't know if I'm dumb for just now figuring this out, but in the side opp where you have to collect the intel cassette
you don't have to even meet up with the informant. Just stay prone in the truck from the start, it'll take you straight to the base. Once there, hope out and climb the ladder up to the watch tower, grab the cassette, then hop down off the ledge right behind the truck, get back into the truck and wait for the driver to come back after a few minutes. He'll drive you straight out of the mission.

That there is one hell of an easy S Rank :lol

I don't understand how to not be bad at these types of games. I try and be stealthy, I get caught. I try and run-and-gun, I get shot. How do I Metal Gear??

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I don't understand how to not be bad at these types of games. I try and be stealthy, I get caught. I try and run-and-gun, I get shot. How do I Metal Gear??

You hide in the shadows. You get close, you shoot one in the head, wait for his friends to come and wake him, then shoot his friends,rinse and repeat until area is cleared, then move on to next area. This is metal gear.

RedAssedApe

Banned
decided to watch peace walker the movie on youtube since i could never get myself to finish the game.

ugh...even by mgs standards that story was silly as hell.

Sami+

BjJq0iDCcAAMORY.jpg:large

(Hard Mode)

And with that, I'm done for tonight. Still haven't finished all of the side missions yet (the only other one I've done so far is the one
where you save Kojima
), so I'll do that tomorrow.

Oh, that reminds me - how exactly can you even clear that level non-lethally? You have to destroy both a tank and a helicopter, which kills the people inside, right?

decided to watch peace walker the movie on youtube since i could never get myself to finish the game.

ugh...even by mgs standards that story was silly as hell.

deterrence deterrence deterrence boss AI pacifica ocean hot coldman the doorknob vic che boss detterence

MormaPope

Banned
BjJq0iDCcAAMORY.jpg:large

(Hard Mode)

And with that, I'm done for tonight. Still haven't finished all of the side missions yet (the only other one I've done so far is the one where you save Kojima), so I'll do that tomorrow.

Oh, that reminds me - how exactly can you even clear that level non-lethally? You have to destroy both a tank and a helicopter, which kills the people inside, right?

I used a rocket launcher to destroy a APC in the main mission, didn't count as a kill either. In past Metal Gears shooting a explosive barrel next to enemies wouldn't count towards kills, so maybe something like that is in place?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

I just picked it up a couple hours ago and runned-and-gunned my way through the story easily... no stealth whatsoever. (On Normal.) Tons of points off for 47 kills, lol. (45 by assault rifle) Luckily, I randomly headed directly to Chico and then guessed right on the coin flip for which way to go on the road after that.
I hadn't played a Metal Gear game in years. Getting the controls down just outside the base took almost as long as the story.

Sami+

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on what the console exclusive missions are? And if they are dealbreakers or not? I'm tempted to get the PS4 version for the technical advantages it has over the Xbox One version but then the Raiden mission sounds quite good.

I don't have an Xbox, but the Deja Vu mission is super fun. If you're a fan of the series you'll love it.

You could've spoiled that. I had no idea.

Sorry. :/ Edited.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Couple more hours til delivery.

I'll be playing the Japanese version. Love hayters's voice so I'd rather switch to the Japanese va than hear Sutherland.

So buzzed.

Hubble

Ok played 16 hours now. My opinion on Kieffer is that he's a good voice after but just not for big boss.
His voice doesn't fit the character. BB is a big strong rough dude. Kieffers voice isn't deep or rough enough.
Every time he talks and BB is in picture it's like it's not him who's talking.
I hope he puts some effort in the delivery in TPP. Maybe try it make his voice sound more snakeish.

It sounds lame but I really miss Hayter. His voice to me just makes Snake and is perfect. While I love Kiefer and 24, I just don't think his voice is anywhere close to Hayter's in quality. I wish they didn't change :(

deim0s

Yeah thats annoying, you have to walk into them real slow to open then slowly.

Something else thats annoying, even more so is how i couldnt drop the body i was carrying over a waist high fence to take a short cut... i wanted to cut through an area to get to extraction quicker and more conveniently, but ended up having to walk the whole way around the fence through a spot light guarded area, instead of easily dropping the body over the fence, jumping over, picking it back up and carrying on.

Throw the body over that fence.

did anybody figure out if you can drive the forklift?

Nope, the wheels have blocks.

Dead

well not really...yet
Oh man. Just knocked out a dude outside the prison gate and another guard heard the noise. Had to scurry away and hide behind some crates while holding on to the dude waiting to interrogate him while the other guard was this close to seeing me. Amazing tension lol, was like a scene out of a movie.

beastmode

Considering all the lore confusion & value proposition concerns I think it may have been better for Konami to have made this a bundle with MGS3 & PW and kept the 'V' out of the name.

despire

So the UK release date is tomorrow while the rest of Europe get it today right? Wrong. Finnish retailers decided practically overnight that the release date is tomorrow instead of today. I guess the distributor here has the release date set for tomorrow for some bizarre reason but all the stores had the release marked for today even yesterday. So here I was hoping to get my hands on the game finally today but when I called the store they said the it comes out tomorrow.

I mean what the fuck? :mad:

pupcoffee

No. of guards in Ground Zeroes: Around 45?

No. of guards in MGS1: twenty-something

No. of guards in MGS2: Around seventy (forty five in Plant.)

What do people think of this?

I used a rocket launcher to destroy a APC in the main mission, didn't count as a kill either. In past Metal Gears shooting a explosive barrel next to enemies wouldn't count towards kills, so maybe something like that is in place?

haha, yeah. doing a pacifist run of MGS3 is always fun especially at the final fights. Tranqulizing the flying enemies, they still crash and die horribly but they don't count as kills.

I know it's a little OT, but Hot Toys just announced the Raiden from Metal Gear Rising action figure. It looks bad-ass:

1978796_10151965655857344_1843959348_n.jpg

After the MGS3 figures and now this one I think it's safe to assume the're going to release figures from MGSV. Can't wait.

SJRB

Gold Member

I think Kojima really dropped the ball, there should've been at least 47 in Ground Zeroes. Lazy programmer.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Do you guys think we may get additional dlc for the game? Like new challenges, missions etc...

Salaadin

That's actually kinda interesting. I never realized MGS1 had so few enemies.

I do think that enemy presence in GZ is more threatening than the other MGS games thanks to the increased sight range and open level.

Top Bottom