• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Mature

So I ran through the Ground Zeroes mission again last night and I decided to
grab Paz before Chico
to see if there were any differences. Nothing too big, but I did trigger a small cutscene I'd never seen before...
When I was extracting Paz near the LZ by the old prison camp, before the helicopter arrived, Big Boss laid Paz on the ground on her side, and gently moved her so she was more comfortable. It was a small, but tender moment and it caught me completely off guard. Did I just miss this my first play through?

StuBurns

Banned
Played the second mission, I really don't like this game at all. I'll trade it in Tuesday.

Still can't get the download DLC code to work though, it's irritating me.

Timeaisis

So I ran through the Ground Zeroes mission again last night and I decided to
grab Paz before Chico
to see if there were any differences. Nothing too big, but I did trigger a small cutscene I'd never seen before...
When I was extracting Paz near the LZ by the old prison camp, before the helicopter arrived, Big Boss laid Paz on the ground on her side, and gently moved her so she was more comfortable. It was a small, but tender moment and it caught me completely off guard. Did I just miss this my first play through?

Nope, that's only if you get Paz first. I've run through it twice, both ways. First time I accidentally got Paz first because I was exploring everything (lol, whoops) and that small scene happens. Also of note is if you get Paz first some VO is cut out about Chico.

Love how the sky looks here.

4xu5u.jpg

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
lol, I remember when the opening was shown for the first time, people were speculating about how the orange lights that appear from time to time could mean some kind of simulation, or Snake reliving Big Boss' memories or something

'nah, it was just an effect I liked from a AKB48 music clip'

Fucking Kojima

Heh, now I wonder which music video in particular by AKB48 is he actually talking about...

Not sure, but you can actually extract those two instead of killing them.

Yeah, I did already that, but apparently you can kill them both and still get the S-Rank.

casmith07

There are times of AI lapsing too that breaks the 'realism' a bit, squad chases and pelts the guard tower a magazine full and you don't budge even one bit - one yells to cease fire and they won't investigate further.

Yes, I have noticed some AI bugs. But that's to be expected - it's a video game, nothing is going to be 100% perfect.

It's so fun, though. I'm really enjoying it. Trying to do the Rogue Agent mission now on a no-kill run and no alert. Sniper rifle is so satisfying, and love the ballistics (bullet falls).

ekim

So I never really played any MGS game so I'm completely lost at the story stuff but damn... I love this game. The fact that you get dropped into that sandbox and you can basically do what you want is great. Lots of replayability imho.

Yeah, I know, but I thought we'd be redeeming it now. Seems odd to make people keep this piece of paper when they could just claim it now and have it all work when the time comes.

If you guys are having trouble with code registration, please get in contact with our support team, www.konami.com/support/

You should be able to register now, even if the content isn't available until TPP.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, so what do I have to do to register Ground Zeroes to get my Phantom Pain stuff? EDIT: It's on the paper, right? Dammit. Didn't read.

SJRB

Gold Member
lol. I bet Kiefer doesn't even know what this game is called.

I doubt that, considering the amount of time he has spent facial mocapping and stuff, but does it really matter? He's an actor, hired by Kojima to voice act. The notion that Kiefer is somehow undeserving of voicing Big Boss because he's doesn't do Big Boss speedruns on Euro Extreme in the weekends is kind of silly.

Loxley

The music that kicks in whenever a called-in chopper begins to descend fucking awesome. Doubly so if you're getting shot at, makes the ex-fil more tense.

Granted, we haven't handled the situation super well, but man is he ever trying to burn every bridge he possibly had left.

Uh oh. What about our BB/Snake meetup at the end of TPP? MGS has always been about fan service and that's what the fans want!

Edit: except for the Raiden bait and switch in MGS2. That was the opposite of fan service

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my God.

Who the fuck doesn't know the difference between Colombia and Columbia. Jesus. That's one big mistake.

MormaPope

Banned
I doubt that, considering the amount of time he has spent facial mocapping and stuff, but does it really matter? He's an actor, hired by Kojima to voice act. The notion that Kiefer is somehow undeserving of voicing Big Boss because he's doesn't do Big Boss speedruns on Euro Extreme in the weekends is kind of silly.

Honestly all the Kiefer shit talk has gotten old very quickly.

Alienous

Honestly all the Kiefer shit talk has gotten old very quickly.

Particularly because he does a good job. Not a terrible job. Not a fantastic one. But he plays the character well enough, and hopefully will play him better in The Phantom Pain where Big Boss can get emotional.

Chairhome

Uh oh. What about our BB/Snake meetup at the end of TPP? MGS has always been about fan service and that's what the fans want!

Edit: except for the Raiden bait and switch in MGS2. That was the opposite of fan service

I would love for Phantom Pain to actually end as BB gets confronted by Snake at the end of MG2 (which I haven't played yet...)

I think you stumbled into your own truth: MGS is always about messing with the fans. :)

MormaPope

Banned
Granted, we haven't handled the situation super well, but man is he ever trying to burn every bridge he possibly had left.

Yup.

If he simply said "Sorry guys, I will not be coming back as Big Boss this time. Hopefully you'll see me in the future :)" there wouldn't be bad blood. Instead he wallowed in agony and spat venom.

For some reason being a lead in 6 Metal Gear games wasn't enough, he needed to be in 7.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yup.

If he simply said "Sorry guys, I will not be coming back as Big Boss this time. Hopefully you'll see me in the future :)" there wouldn't be bad blood. Instead he wallowed in agony and spat venom.

For some reason being a lead in 6 Metal Gear games wasn't enough, he needed to be in 7.

I'm sure not being told he was being replaced until he found out on the internet has something to do with his anger.

Alienous

Is it true that you can finish the main story in about an hour?

I've seen an average playtime of about 90 minutes.

You can complete it in 7 minutes, disregarding cutscenes, on the lower end. You can also complete it in 5 hours if you insist on combing the area for every morsel of anything, and searching every nook and cranny.

Then there's side content that takes place in the same area with different win goals.

MormaPope

Banned
Particularly because he does a good job. Not a terrible job. Not a fantastic one. But he plays the character well enough, and hopefully will play him better in The Phantom Pain where Big Boss can get emotional.

And Kojima said something a while ago about Big Boss talking less but expressing himself more in MGSV. If Hayter was given less dialog he probably wouldn't be able to inject the emotions and inflection needed. Snake in the past gets mountains of dialog to expand the narrative, which in turn messes with the pacing and flow of dialog. Kiefer could probably get a point across in three lines of dialog versus 12 lines of dialog from Hayter.

im still on the fence. on the one hand im a huge MGS fan. on the other hand i dont i have the feeling this is worth 30€ at all and i dont know if i should support this. :-/

Personally, I think it's worth it but I'm probably in the minority.
Gameplay wise this is the best MGS by far.

Top Bottom