• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

How much does the digital version cost on PS4? $20 or $30?

$30

tumblr_ljrufvFdOj1qc63sno1_400.gif

rvy

Banned
Konami staff on GAF said it should work already.

Either they gave out codes that don't work, or this isn't true for EU.

Edit,

Can I redeem the DLC code that came with Metal Gear Solid V:Ground Zeroes for Xbox 360/Xbox One/PS4 yet?

The codes included in Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes are for you to use when Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain comes out!

They can’t be redeemed just yet and will only give you an error message.

https://uk.secure.konami-europe.com/link/portal/30031/30044/Article/1963/Can-I-redeem-the-DLC-code-that-came-with-Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Ground-Zeroes-for-Xbox-360-Xbox-One-PS4-yet

Griss

Just beat it. Watching the credits right now.

Wow. I am not impressed. I can't believe I paid 35 euros for this. That's roughly 50 dollars. I knew it would be short... I just expected it to be good.

Might write up my full thoughts later, but again... wow. Has Kojima really lost his touch? That wasn't the MGS I know and sometimes love at all. What the fuck was that?

AwShucks

You'll know what I'm asking here if you've done it.

Box and lights. What do I do if I pick up the box but don't get it complete? Can I drop an item some way?

rvy

Banned
There's still too much talking. Miller does not shut the fuck up, it's really irritating.

It's not nearly annoying as past MGS game with the CODEC crap, but yeah. He could probably shut up some times. Or not talk while the player has tapes playing.

Lakitu

st5fu
I really need some help with one of the Deja Vu scenes.

The Hind D one. When I got to the helipad with the Hind D on it, there's only one enemy around it and I can't trigger the flashback. There's an enemy not too far away, so I managed to knock him out so they both wake up next to the Hind D but it still does nothing. Is it a glitch?

FrankWza

I have an issue with the text and voiceover. If you are listening to Kaz but also want to snoop in on a conversation between guards or hear hq's response the text and voice of one is not visible or audible. I'd like to see them fix this for TPP. I know with the audio kaz will have to dominate but with the text they can make them parallel to each other. I like to have subtitles on in my games anyway but in this game it's so important to hear what is going on.

As far as hayter/keifer they should have incorporated his voice change into the
Crash and coma
somehow. This would give Sutherland BB from here forward.

It's not nearly annoying as past MGS game with the CODEC crap, but yeah. He could probably shut up some times. Or not talk while the player has tapes playing.

I agree...hopefully they figure this out.

Betty

Banned

The Hind D one. When I got to the helipad with the Hind D on it, there's only one enemy around it and I can't trigger the flashback. There's an enemy not too far away, so I managed to knock him out so they both wake up next to the Hind D but it still does nothing. Is it a glitch?

When I played it both enemies are either there or show up next to it very quickly, perhaps you're interrupting one of the enemies somehow.

Anyone else having trouble redeeming the DLC code?

It gives me an error and says it's not valid. PS4 version UK here.

In the US all I got in my box was a code to redeem on Konami Core, not on PSN or XBL. I assume that I'll later get a PSN code from Konami Core once TPP comes out.

Is this not true for EU?

Edit: Nevermind, it's true. EU just has to wait for TPP.

rvy

Banned
In the US all I got in my box was a code to redeem on Konami Core, not on PSN or XBL. I assume that I'll later get a PSN code from Konami Core once TPP comes out.

Is this not true for EU?

No, we got a PSN/XBL Code that will only be activated when TPP releases.

Loxley

I really wish there was an option to shut Kaz up on subsequent playthroughs. I don't need to be reminded to take out my iDroid and look at the photos of the targets I'm supposed to eliminate every single time.

Anyway, I've put just over 12 hours into this according to the in-game time tracker, so I've been enjoying myself :)

Oriel

I really wish there was an option to shut Kaz up on subsequent playthroughs. I don't need to be reminded to take out my iDroid and look at the photos of the targets I'm supposed to eliminate every single time.

Anyway, I've put just over 12 hours into this according to the in-game time tracker, so I've been enjoying myself :)

I just shot dead everyone in mission two. No need to figure out who's who. ;)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Well, that's a
very low ranking
way to do it.

Target B is in the guard tower near Paz. The other one is a moving target that takes a few minutes for the iDroid to pin-point again.

StuBurns

Banned
Oh yeah, it's a huge step in the right direction.

And given how much they throw you in there in the context of the story mission, they do need to be a little more heavy handed that I imagine they will be for the real game.

AKyemeni

Try to get to that scene first.

If you get an alert before then, they will go out of that area and will be very hard to recreate the scene.

I played again Ground Zeroes, Hard difficulty, no alert, no kills, three reflex, 6 checkpoint reloaded, 50 minutes, A rank.

And again, the game is too easy. The only thing that change between Normal and Hard is that enemies can see far away, and they can hear you easily. Stop.

The pattern is the same, so if you know where enemies are on easy, there's no problem.

I think we need at least another difficulty setting for PP, because as the game is now, there's no challenge at all, and I only spent around two hours on the game (Ground Zeroes mission only).

Turn reflex mode off.

Ricker

Haha...me also,well almost...shot the first guy then made a mistake while killing everyone else and Kaz said the other guy was escaping ...I saw where he went so when I died,I did the same thing but ran where he goes and threw a grenade to finish it off...

Bebpo

Banned
I dunno if it's well known already, but on the Japanese version if you turn language to English and subtitles on, you get a fully english game with Japanese voices. First Japanese game I can think of that lets you do this.

As someone who sticks to JPN MGS because I grew up on the Japanese Snake and cast, I really appreciate it since the kanji is pretty crazy in this. Probably the toughest Japanese in an MGS game to date, especially because a lot of the story is told without visual context over the radio as you're playing instead of traditional cutscenes.

An decent experience ruined by dumb AI and silly glitches. I killed someone by climbing up ladders as they decided to climb down them. Then later in the game I was trying to escape with a PoW
and I was able to just sprint past/through the guards to safety with the PoW on my shoulders like some sort of Captain America

Has there been much discussion about the story cutscenes being one shot? Out of all the amazing stuff in the game that's one of the coolest imo. Love how you can zoom in too.

cackhyena

An decent experience ruined by dumb AI and silly glitches. I killed someone by climbing up ladders as they decided to climb down them. Then later in the game I was trying to escape with a PoW
and I was able to just sprint past/through the guards to safety with the PoW on my shoulders like some sort of Captain America

Then play it on Hard.

Did anybody else know that you can pick locks faster by mashing the Action button?

It reminded me of opening sealed doors in MGS2 faster by doing the same thing. Nice touch there.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man just started re-playing on Hard. Plays so much better. I was doing great on Ground Zeroes mission but got caught on the final bit and didn't have time to take the guard out.

I feel the VIP mission is going to be a bitch on Hard, the others I'll probably be able to complete easily.

nillapuddin

OhrIQn9l.jpg

MI6oQFBl.jpg

easter-island-statues.jpg

Ive found 3 so far

There is a distinct sound effect when destroyed

sorry for cell phone pic, didnt feel like recording a video, im about to make dinner

Probably the best MGS clip around. :D

Yup, it's like performance art. Not only does he know the exact limits of the AI, he puts on a show to boot. Love where he mimics the guards actions right beside them, whilst they are oblivious!

To make these sorts of games work, I think you have to "play along" to an extent. Obviously Kojima hasn't cracked the AI problem on behalf of the discipline of computer science, you are always going to be able to make the CPU do stupid shit. That's the thing some reviewers miss, I think (e.g. Polygon). Like going to the theatre and complaining that you can see the sets are wooden.

Spaghetti

the problem with ai is that people often like to compare it to real human senses and anything that falls short will obviously look inferior.

in my opinion the ai is perfectly fine in ground zeroes. on hard especially. i love the sight and sound range they have.

Top Bottom