• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V SPOILER THREAD| [EXTR3ME] Such a lust for conclusion, T-WHHOOOO

Alienous

So I was eating breakfast with Kojima-san the other day — such a nice guy, but he kept offering me fish and cigarettes, which I politely declined — when he told me his ideas for MGS6, which he'll make by infiltrating the ranks of Konami with his phantom.

In MGS6, we learn that it wasn't Big Boss' phantom that died in MG1, but the phantom of Big Boss' phantom, made by Venom. This then allowed the real Venom to track down the exiled Quiet in the desert. He did this after Code Talker revealed to him that the secret way to cure Quiet's parasites is, to quote Code Talker, "...a good dicking." However, this will result in a monstrous sex addiction that, if not fulfilled 10 times a day, will cause Quiet to explode with the force of a million nuclear bombs. This would disperse the parasites into the earth's atmosphere and destroy all life on earth.

Venom thinks about it for a moment. "It's a risk I'm willing to take," he concludes.

And so he proceeds with the plan. However, Quiet eventually becomes pregnant with Venom's children. This leads to the births of the three sons of Venom: Batman, Goku and Shrek. Their story will be told in Metal Gear Rising 3: The Search for Metal Gear Rising 2.

"You're a goddamn genius," I told Kojima while dipping French toast sticks in syrup. "You rike it," he asked, mashing up cigarettes and sprinkling them on fish.

It's going to be amazing.

I've gone 180 degrees in my opinion of you, Neiteio.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Johndoey

Banned
Miller was still working for FOXHOUND alongside the legitimate Big Boss around the time of the original Metal Gear title. It hasn't been explained how their reconciliation comes about into working underneath Ciper/The Patriots in the 1990s. I've tried to rationalize that Big Boss went back into the ranks to draw attention away from his efforts in building Outer Heaven/Zanzibar Land and monitor the success of one clone, Solid Snake. Miller might've still held a grudge over the betrayal and returned to the government just to personally train a young Solid Snake in the hopes of him someday putting down the legendary soldier. What doesn't make sense in my perspective concerns the actions of Outer Heaven Uprising, particularly sending Gray Fox into the battleground and the motivations of Big Boss/Venom Snake. I'm guessing Gray Fox must've been involved on the ruse and his capture was the necessary motivation to send the rookie Snake to his death. However, I don't understand how Venom Snake was still able to hide the identity of his command over the fortress under the "Big Boss" moniker while the real one was openly the commanding officer in the United States. it would've been much more interesting if Venom Snake was rebelling against the notion of being the fall guy in the doppelganger scheme and his desire to call himself B.B. was driven by his belief that he was the true successor to the title after all he had done for the mercenary world. Just my two cents, I suppose.
I like your read of it, but I just think it makes the pleasingly simple Metal Gear into this unwieldy mess.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I hate how most bike insurance doesn't come with polygon coverage.

How about fuck your premiums.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I'm pretty chill with most aspects of the plot but I can't believe Chico seriously just fucking died in the helicopter crash.

Erigu

In the Russian version of the game "Race" is translated as if it is an arms race or a car race ("Гонка"), not as a group of people ("Раса").
And yet the Japanese text makes it clear it's the latter ("種", i.e. "species").

derwalde

I never understood why there isnt a metal gear game where you play as the boss, winning WWII. You wouldnt have to interfere with the rest of the saga and its canon. Just the boss and the cobras killing some nazis lol. Would have made a perfect mgs v in my book.

Reebot

I never understood why there isnt a metal gear game where you play as the boss, winning WWII. You wouldnt have to interfere with the rest of the saga and its canon. Just the boss and the cobras killing some nazis lol. Would have made a perfect mgs v in my book.

Its revealed that Hitler supported FDR, Churchill, and Stalin behind the scenes during WW I.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but it's kind of cool.

https://twitter.com/HEITAIs/status/648095219909423104

*Sigh* So I guess that's the last bit of EVA we see in the games. She helped relocate Big Boss and lent him her motorcycle. Anyone notice if the license plate is the same as in 3? Still cool, but another reminder of what could have been. I was seriously looking forward to a motorcycle to switch things up from the four(+) wheel vehicles.

No EVA in person was massively dissapointing though. I guess BB saw her probably, ha, maybe they couldn't put her in because Suzetta Minet (the mysterious pseudonym for the unknown VA of EVA) had disappeared like BB. Obviously not, because Kojima seems not to care too much about VA continuity, but an amusing thought.

I'm pretty chill with most aspects of the plot but I can't believe Chico seriously just fucking died in the helicopter crash.

Yup, I thought at least he would make the cut into TPP. So dumb not to bring him in TPP as one of the most driving forces for DD's revenge. He could have been a great addition.

Back when I had hope for Gray Fox, Naomi, etc. I thought that Gray Fox and Chico would be like older brothers to Naomi and the child soldiers, with them all having a pseudo familial relationship with Big Boss as the "father". I thought Eli's inferiority complex could have stemmed from feeling like he was being talked down to as a child by GF and Chico, and would hate their close connection to BB. I also thought he'd try to steer their loyalty to himself, but Gray Fox and Chico would be the main reason most stuck with BB.

I have more elaborate thoughts on this but its all meaningless "what if's" now. It's interesting to share these ideas and stuff but I don't want to spend a huge amount of time on it, since its not relevant to the general discussion.

And Amanda was cool about it.

Lol, fuck Chico I guess.

"She said "I'm prepared for the worst." Sounded a little too cheerful to me."

To be fair, she was also said to "miss him" 9 years later, also by secondary source, but at least their is something. I also thought Amanda should have shown up. So many female characters who should have been here but we only got Quiet and Paz. One was an example of needless sexualization and writing contrivances for the sake of drama, and the other was imaginary. At least Paz had an interesting purpose, to show Venom's unravelung mind, and her scenes were the most emotionally investing in the game. Quiet had an alright ending, marred by a needless scene consisting of "attempted rape - triumphant fight back - boob shot", poor gameplay, and contrived justification for the character's sacrifice.

Johndoey

Banned
Kojima has no interest making a game about his bland waifu.

I can't believe how little anyone cares about Chico it's borderline ridiculous.

Musolf815

I remember thinking to myself there had to be something going on with Chico, he hadn't been seen or mentioned in any of the trailers or anything. Even when they revealed that he died, I thought "no that can't be it, the twist is probably going to be that we're playing as Chico".

Johndoey

Banned
I remember thinking to myself there had to be something going on with Chico, he hadn't been seen or mentioned in any of the trailers or anything. Even when they revealed that he died, I thought "no that can't be it, the twist is probably going to be that we're playing as Chico".
That would have been an amazing twist, same reasoning as Venom but something like "we harvested Chico's brain to control this Big Boss clone body". It would've made the Paz scenes more poignant in retrospect.

Mantis reacts to Chico's lust for revenge against himself, punishment for playing the traitor. The Sahelanthropus fight is really a fight with a mirror image of self-hate.

Its fun to play Kojima, turns out just about anyone can do it
We should be writers apparently we're great at it.Miller's reaction would be even better.
Ocelot: We brain jacked Chico to pilot a creepy clone body, and Big Boss was super into it.
Miller: What the fuck is wrong with you people?!

Reebot

That would have been an amazing twist, same reasoning as Venom but something like "we harvested Chico's brain to control this Big Boss clone body". It would've made the Paz scenes more poignant in retrospect.

Mantis reacts to Chico's lust for revenge against himself, punishment for playing the traitor. The Sahelanthropus fight is really a fight with a mirror image of self-hate.

Its fun to play Kojima, turns out just about anyone can do it

AsfaeksBR

Haven't finished it yet, but I know about the plot twist.

I'm currently on mission 16, and I've been hearing that Act 2 is kinds half-assed, with a lot of repeating missions. And just now I heard that you can finish the story without playing the repeating missions.

Can anyone please tell me which numbered missions are important and which ones can I skip?

I'm currently on mission 16, and I've been hearing that Act 2 is kinds half-assed, with a lot of repeating missions. And just now I heard that you can finish the story without playing the repeating missions.

Can anyone please tell me which numbered missions are important and which ones can I skip?

It's made very obvious which ones are repeats, you won't select them by accident or anything

Any particularly good guides out there for completing all mission tasks?
Stealth camo. With it you can get in, do tasks and get out very quickly.

When you need to listen to conversations, pick a safe spot away from all enemies and listen with your scope.

Don't worry about rank, and don't try to do them all in one go as some clash and make others extremely frustrating (Back-up, Back Down).

In act 1 you've gotta do all of them. In act 2 you can skip the ones that are obviously repeats (they have quantifiers like SUBSISTENCE or EXTREME). Pro tip: anything with a yellow dot next to it is important for advancement.

When you get to Chapter 2, it's obvious which ones are the repeated missions. They have blue markers instead of yellow, and all have some tag like [Extreme] on them.

To avoid doing those, just do all the important (yellow tagged) missions, side-ops, and cassette tapes. At a couple points you'll run out of important things to do, and at those points you can usually do either 1 repeated hard mission or 3 side-ops to advance the story.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Stealth camo. With it you can get in, do tasks and get out very quickly.

When you need to listen to conversations, pick a safe spot away from all enemies and listen with your scope.

Don't worry about rank, and don't try to do them all in one go as some clash and make others extremely frustrating (Back-up, Back Down).
Back up Back Down is insane to do all the objectives in one play through

Zomba13

The lack of Chico or Amanda is such a shame. I mean, I guess as we don't go to Central America there isn't really a reason for her to show up but there could have been. How cool would it have been to go to Central America and see Amanda leading and Chico all grown up (after recovering from the crash and going to help his sister out).

But nah, Chico dies. Would have been nice to see the effect Big Boss has on child soldiers, how Chico turned out after spending time and doing work for BB and then leaving him to go back to his family and country. Like, would he be pissed at BB, would he miss him, would he know Venom isn't really Big Boss?

Finalow

hey some dude working at konami told me that if you play the game for 999 hours and develop 7000 nukes ready to blow up the planet, chapter 3 gets unlocked.

can anyone confirm this?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
hey some dude working at konami told me that if you play the game for 999 hours and develop 7000 nukes ready to blow up the planet, chapter 3 gets unlocked.

can anyone confirm this?

tVFWuBx.gif

Zomba13

can anyone confirm this?

Can confirm but it has to be done on 9/11 while you have the Mission 51 video playing in the background. You need to develop the last nuke right as little Liquid shouts "IT'S NOT OVER YET!".

Reebot

Can confirm but it has to be done on 9/11 while you have the Mission 51 video playing in the background. You need to develop the last nuke right as little Liquid shouts "IT'S NOT OVER YET!".

Twin Towers was a reference to 9/11 which in Europe (Liquid's home) is November 9 which is written in American (Venom's home) as 9/9 which reduces to 3/3

Once nine out of nine November nukes are developed Chapter 3 out of 3 unlocks and reveals the true ending.

Back up Back Down is insane to do all the objectives in one play through
I don't know if it's even possible.

Maybe you could do it by immediately taking out the search team and rescuing the prisoner they're going after, then head north above the supply outpost and take out all the vehicles from there?

When the tanks/helo come you don't have a time limit anymore, so you're free to get the remaining prisoners, if none of them are scripted to be executed, that is.

--

In other news, I got 100% in Ground Zeroes again yesterday/today and man... TPP sure plays a hell of a lot smoother. GZ movement is so stiff in comparison.

poodpick

I don't know if it's even possible.

Maybe you could do it by immediately taking out the search team and rescuing the prisoner they're going after, then head north above the supply outpost and take out all the vehicles from there?

When the tanks/helo come you don't have a time limit anymore, so you're free to get the remaining prisoners, if none of them are scripted to be executed, that is.

--

In other news, I got 100% in Ground Zeroes again yesterday/today and man... TPP sure plays a hell of a lot smoother. GZ movement is so stiff in comparison.

I've developed a route but I can't get the timing right to save the prisoner while simultaneously blowing up one of the vehicles with c4

I've developed a route but I can't get the timing right to save the prisoner while simultaneously blowing up one of the vehicles with c4
There's only one prisoner that gets killed if you take too long, iirc. You could stop the first two vehicles and get to them in time

SomTervo

It's funnier when you realize he was the only one.

And the pilot, I guess.

Fuck Chico.

> sets up idealistic character all the other characters love
> spends 20+ hours developing the character into a solid soldier who goes through shit with everyone
> develops character by putting him in a fucking brutal prisoner of war situation

> kills character offscreen with no fanfare and mentions him once, for two seconds, then never again

> sets up idealistic character all the other characters love
> spends 20+ hours developing the character into a solid soldier
who goes through shit with everyone
> develops character by putting him in a fucking brutal prisoner of war situation

> kills character offscreen with no fanfare and mentions him once, for two seconds, then never again

You'll have to refresh my memory about when these two things happen. I don't recall anybody fawning over Chico or him being solid at anything ever.

Top Bottom